Final Fantasy XIII & XIV

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
You can get 100+ strength rings from side quests, but not until at least chapter 11, and i believe you've already gotta be pretty damn strong to complete those quests

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Yeh realised there are no side missions, me thinks he was telling me porkies.

Almost deleted my file n started again aswell

U got punk'd son

What items have u guys upgraded so far? I've only done the blazefire sabre so far cos I dont know what's worth doing :(

Last edited:

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
U got punk'd son

What items have u guys upgraded so far? I've only done the blazefire sabre so far cos I dont know what's worth doing :(
i'm leaving upgrading till much much later in the game, leaving that well alone, until i have a nice stock of components and things are more available to me.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Yeh realised there are no side missions, me thinks he was telling me porkies.

Almost deleted my file n started again aswell

Incorrect, around chapter 10-11 you will begin finding stones of those who have unfinished missions, you will then have to kill certain creatures, the better the score the better the reward.

They exist.

Stuck on chapter 11 atm -.- 4.7k hp snow 3.8k lightning with a 1000 strength and the kid hope... who well just sucks. You will need to grind a lot =] - Done, chapter 12 =]

Last edited:

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Done loads of grinding, found a very nifty trick to get 6800exp and kill that mob in 15-30seconds.

I couldn't find a link with the exact location but if you go to the same map this guy is at and go to the end of the vid, theres a King Bohammut or how ever you spell it fighting this big dog thing with massive teeth. (the yelloow arrow on your map should lead you to it)

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPWy-0sDplA&feature=related EXACT LINK TO A GREAT GRINDING SPOT

Anyway, you'll get a preemptive strike on them, just keep pressing x (ps3) and they will both die quickly within 20secs or so, then run around the corner towards the yellow arrow and run back, they would of respawned. I done that a few times and got all my main crystalarium things to lvl.4.

And for money, the chocobo's are good for locating items n wotnot that sell for abit. Also when upgrading items, main level for accessories is lvl.10 then next lvl it goes to a star, the weapons are lvl.25 then goes to a star.

Last edited: