FiveHeroes - C# Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Will it go down within a year or two?
If so no way, I wouldn't commit to any of your servers (no matter how 'good' they are) if it's anything less than 2 years not a flying hells chance.
Would be interesting to see if you keep your word about donations.. no surprise if you don't.
The server will remain online as long as it has a healthy user count. As long as its online, we'll commit to the server by updating like we ALWAYS have.

No offence but i feel like your treating me like some random stranger. I have a very good track record of server uptime. All my servers have lasted about 2 years, and when it goes down, it goes down because another new, different and exciting server takes its place. Thats always been done because we've reached the server limits or file limits in some cases. I dont think ive ever heard of anyone complaining or quitting when its happened either.

As for this server.. who knows I cant tell the future, can you? Can you confidently say you'll still be playing mir in 2, or even 3 years time? are you that committed to the unknown? if so then wow.

Anyway all I can say is my past speaks for itself, if you want to come play something new and different then go ahead, if not then thanks for stopping by.

Ok next question for you Bon lol.

Only asking for the sheer amount of them posting.

These cheaters ;) i've no idea about the security of the C# files but I assume something would be put in place about the cheating if it's not already?
I dont know tbh, this will most likely be the 1st proper C# server, and with this announcement who knows what people are preparing.

All I can be certain of is that we will be keeping a close eye on everyone and applying fixes and patchs where required. As mentioned above, the files already have an anti-cheat system in place, but we'll ahve to see how easy it is to by-pass that.

Like my previous servers we've always battled cheats and held a zero-tolerance against them, this server will be no different...

Just as an update, we've finished coding Trade and revamping the whole NPC scripts (as they was flawed) so things are progressing nicely.
Database side all items, spawns, mobs, maps are done... so quite happy with our pace.

We still aim to have a beta up in July sometime even if its a very basic beta with a lot of features removed and limited things... as the main aim is for security and stability coding wise, and balance items/mob wise

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
All reasons I won't be playing.

Good luck but no thanks.

Despite Bon's track record of Donation-driven servers, he still puts out a better server than most when it comes to content and "fun". They are also known to last for a long time.

I like many will probably try it and give it a go as why wouldn't we? nothing to lose. If it's not your cup of tea after playing or he decides to go back to selling items for cash then so be it, but honestly - wait until it's up before making any decisions, everyone deserves a chance.

Even if it is Bon :rolleyes:

Saying that, Matt and Hany are some of the nicest people I've met, maybe they'll rub off on him!

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Despite Bon's track record of Donation-driven servers, he still puts out a better server than most when it comes to content and "fun". They are also known to last for a long time.

I like many will probably try it and give it a go as why wouldn't we? nothing to lose. If it's not your cup of tea after playing or he decides to go back to selling items for cash then so be it, but honestly - wait until it's up before making any decisions, everyone deserves a chance.

Even if it is Bon :rolleyes:

Saying that, Matt and Hany are some of the nicest people I've met, maybe they'll rub off on him!

Some can only hope.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Sure I'll up it to 70 if it makes you happy, fingers do slip onto other keys a times... I guess you must be Mr perfect at typing 100% of the time right?

Viable question I would have thought but must be just me not wanting to waste time on a server that goes down sooner than I would like?

I guess I'm not allowed to ask questions.

Sorry me lord....

2 years is actually pretty good uptime. Stop talking crap?

Another one.....who cares what you commit to.....i dont think that this thread was created for .... like you to post bull like this..

Nor is it for you to jump on every post you don't like. Quit fuelling the fire.

M3ntalRav3r

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Hartlepool
been ages since ive played mir but will deffo give this a shot, once i seen the advert i got a little mir rush again haha. i know it will have a good usercount and very little down time ect, as all of ur servers have been reliable and not like the crap most people release for a week or two to get afew £££. will it be an open beta ?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Probably be 2 types of beta.

1 will be a standard euro clone with a high rate, easy drops etc... basically a fun mess about server thats open to everyone to come have to some and try out the c# files

the aim of this beta is to test stability and see wot other problems pop up.

the other will be the actual files, because of this it'll most likely be a closed beta (maybe chosen from ppl that helped in the open beta) to test class balance / caves etc

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Probably be 2 types of beta.

1 will be a standard euro clone with a high rate, easy drops etc... basically a fun mess about server thats open to everyone to come have to some and try out the c# files

the aim of this beta is to test stability and see wot other problems pop up.

the other will be the actual files, because of this it'll most likely be a closed beta (maybe chosen from ppl that helped in the open beta) to test class balance / caves etc

Euro clone with the skills of the actual server? If so would be a great chance to test out the new classes the way you intend to make them

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Euro clone with the skills of the actual server? If so would be a great chance to test out the new classes the way you intend to make them
ye so will be testing spells etc but in a euro clone... dont want people to play the actual server then have to do it all again later

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
ye so will be testing spells etc but in a euro clone... dont want people to play the actual server then have to do it all again later

Prefer it that way to be honest. Can focus on the actual class as oppose to burning myself out on the server lol

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Im really keen to test this, ive loved the way the c# files played the second i got hold of the released ones.

the trouble with me is that i just cant code, so all i can do is manipulate files and things that are in place already. which puts a halt on any thoughts i had on making a c# server just to play around on.

its going to be really good to see what a dedicated team can do with these files and see just how smooth they are after the work youve done.

because youve taken the source and altered if to suit your needs for your server, i would be interested in knowin how FAR you changed the code away from the source.

you say youve changed the way the scripting works, is that a complete re write to suit more script codes or is it just altered to do what you need to do?

ive looked at (but not tested) the c# scripting and found that it works alot differently to how say heroes reads scripts, is your coding making the scripts run more like what we know or completely different again?

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
you say youve changed the way the scripting works, is that a complete re write to suit more script codes or is it just altered to do what you need to do?

ive looked at (but not tested) the c# scripting and found that it works alot differently to how say heroes reads scripts, is your coding making the scripts run more like what we know or completely different again?

Basically we've just rewritten it to allow for far more complex scripts to be run, and added QFunction and the other scripting processes from older files.

We're also adding in all the core features missing, trade, quest system etc etc, although we haven't decided when these will be available for public testing.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
will you add empty slots on items?

If this was done I would rather coloured slots(like wow).

Red - DC/SC/MC
Blue - AC/AMC/Agility
Yellow - Accuracy/Aspeed/PA/Slow

Just an example of what could be done, ofcourse it would need serious balancing.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
will you add empty slots on items?
What do you mean by empty slots? have you got a picture example?

If this was done I would rather coloured slots(like wow).

Red - DC/SC/MC
Blue - AC/AMC/Agility
Yellow - Accuracy/Aspeed/PA/Slow

Just an example of what could be done, ofcourse it would need serious balancing.
So i guess you mean gems in items... its not something we've thought about but who knows later on down the line.
I've always found gems and enchants on wow a bit annoying as it sometimes stops people upgrading an item because of the cost involved with buying gems/enchants.. I believe thats why wow are removing them all completely?

Im really keen to test this, ive loved the way the c# files played the second i got hold of the released ones.

the trouble with me is that i just cant code, so all i can do is manipulate files and things that are in place already. which puts a halt on any thoughts i had on making a c# server just to play around on.

its going to be really good to see what a dedicated team can do with these files and see just how smooth they are after the work youve done.

because youve taken the source and altered if to suit your needs for your server, i would be interested in knowin how FAR you changed the code away from the source.

As matt says we've rewritten them... problem with the current system it wouldnt allow multiple IF statements in 1 segement, e.g.

Code:
[@main]
#if
level > 0
level < 11
#act
LINEMESSAGE "You are above level 0" System

#if
level > 9
level < 21
#act
LINEMESSAGE "You are above level 10" System

This wouldnt take into account the level 10-20 check, so its been re-coded to work the same way previous files work.

Theres ALOT of stuff that still needs adding and also needs fixing... but a lot of stuff can be added once the server is live

We welcome any and all help in regards to coding updates/fixes etc... if someone was to post the code to 1 of the assassin spells that hasnt been coded for example, that would certainly help things move forward quicker.

This server is going to be for everyone to play and enjoy, so if people want/can help that only speeds up the process

ervinzed

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
What do you mean by empty slots? have you got a picture example?

here is a screenshot from chronicles. notice: slots 0/2

Images92.jpg

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
So i guess you mean gems in items... its not something we've thought about but who knows later on down the line.
I've always found gems and enchants on wow a bit annoying as it sometimes stops people upgrading an item because of the cost involved with buying gems/enchants.. I believe thats why wow are removing them all completely?

Tbh the main problem was offpeices usually having a slot more than tier peices and bonuses not giving enough benefit to not use the offpeices.

With slots, it would only work on Mir if the amount of slots were random and the stats gained weren't too much.

However I don't think it's even needed when it comes to Mir, the gem system and refining is good enough.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
In the next WoW expansion they are just lowering the amount of slots items will have, and making gems stronger, so gold wise it will be about the same, and gold is verry easy to get in wow, i got in the wealth achievment 1,5m+

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK
Theres ALOT of stuff that still needs adding and also needs fixing... but a lot of stuff can be added once the server is live

We welcome any and all help in regards to coding updates/fixes etc... if someone was to post the code to 1 of the assassin spells that hasnt been coded for example, that would certainly help things move forward quicker.

This server is going to be for everyone to play and enjoy, so if people want/can help that only speeds up the process

You make it sound as if your going to be starting the first phase of testing soon. Does this mean you have an eta in mind? Looking forward to seeing how far you have come with the files so far.

Last edited:

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Slot's are really only effective on a low rate, when this has gone through few months slots will come pretty pointless on high rates.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You make it should as if your going to be starting the first phase of testing soon. Does this mean you have an eta in mind? Looking forward to seeing how far you have come with the files so far.
Problem is you wont see much of what we've been doing.. its all back ground work... trade, npc re-scripting, qfunc/qmanage etc, moving to SQL... none of that besides trade you actually see ingame, but it does need to be done.

In terms of ETA no we still dont know. an ETA wont be released until archer and assassin are complete, otherwise theres no point in even doing a beta to test class balance