Forged Phoenix Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Don't know a single person who plays with sound. Most watch tv/play music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Spending this much time redoing sounds is a waste of time imo. What smavid just said is the only reason anyone ever uses sound, otherwise its off for the majority of people.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Well hey apparently m8 your wasting your time so maybe just open your server without wav files and I'm sure these guys will happy.....lol

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
**** using sound for bosses not hard to find any boss really is it -_ Sounds are so **** i haven't used them since euro.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Well hey apparently m8 your wasting your time so maybe just open your server without wav files and I'm sure these guys will happy.....lol

Yes we would actually, but that is not what I said. He has been working on sounds for weeks. A feature that 99% of Mir don't even use which is why I said I feel it is a waste of time, and as you can see by other posts I am not wrong.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
could always just keep demoralising posts to yourselves tbh ^^

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ppl used to turn sound off and remove the .wav files cause they thought it would make them faster :D

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
could always just keep demoralising posts to yourselves tbh ^^

Do you always lick balls so hard?

Nothing demoralizing about what anyone has said. The vast majority of players don't play with sound on, thus spending weeks editing them is a waste of his time. Sure a hand full of people may use them but is that really worth wasting weeks? I don't think so.

Dante83

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2012
I get what Wond is saying I very rarely have sound on maybe just click it on when running to a cave in case I hear a FT the rest of the time I have music on

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Yeah the sounds will be an ongoing thing anyway when the server's live. Not going to let it keep the server itself back 8)

They sound cool though, so maybe it will encourage people to leave sounds on, who knows.

Edit : To what someone said earlier, the sounds aren't taking me weeks. It's not too time consuming really, but work has slowed down as summer time involved seeing family and going places ect. :smilet-digitalpoint

Last edited:

beer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2004
Give a time limit on ANY thread starter to provide release date or any NEWS, on a server they plan to release. This is no good advertising a server that may never actually come live lol!

Last edited:

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Sorry guys, I've been away in Ireland and haven't had an internet connection. I did plan to have the server live sooner than this but It's been a busy summer and I haven't had much time to sit down and work on it. Though since there seems to be a nice amount of interest in the server I'm going to try my best to get a beta up and running in a week or two max. Also I have a friend to is willing to supply me with a dedicated host computer & internet connection which should make things run a lot smoother than running it from my own home.

Sorry or the lack of updates, I wouldn't have advertised so early if I knew I'd be so busy.

On the server side of things, I don't actually need to do too much, as I had already worked many hours on the server before I even advertised it.

Thanks for the interest! Will be checking the thread more often and will answer any questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.