Google + thoughts ?

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
With the recent changes on facebook ( for the worse imo) so thought i'd see what google + is like, it seems a big improvement from facebook and basically can have everything in one place. Your thoughts ? facebook is so established now i'm not sure this will be such a hit but i also thought that with bebo & myspace.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Only got + yesterday and I don't have anyone linked to my gmail address so I have no friends on there :P so can't really judge it yet.

Farcebook is always changing though, this most recent update just looks a lot like google+ (the top bar anyways)

I read somewhere that the reason Google is getting on the social networking bandwagon is because it's been said before that if Facebook were to implement a search feature they could topple Google lol

I also can't imagine the majority of 'regular people' going to it either, mainly cos of the hassle with converting everything over and stuff. Especially if there's not really that much difference. I remember what a pain it was having to transfer all my pics over from Bebo when fbook opened lol

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Facebook is dying, and has been dying for ages.

They know it as well, it's why they keep selling massive chunks of it off. They know it will crash and burn, and will do it very suddenly.

Apparently Google+ is already suppose to have 100 million users? I think Google+ will win overall.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I'd love to know how fbook define my top newsfeed stories....

Anyway do we think the whole social networking sites thing is still gonna be here in say, 10 years? I don't think it's gonna last forever.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
One thing I see lasting a while is twitter......

Obvs.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
add me to googles, im lonely too. facebook is money grabbing, google is win.

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
had google + for a while now, dont use it much and have only 8 friends in my circles..... mainly because its so under-used, and so under promoted to the bog standard end user who dont know much about computers, wereas facebook is so wide spread now.