Having a little private play around with the Zircon files

Join Discord

BoomBoom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 16, 2013
No offense but king was a big flop.
I remember HaseKura officially launched with King files then had to make a rollback to Holley version hence king was full of bugs + cheat tool integrated. ( Or launched with holley, rolled on king then roll back on holley)

However, Zircon client would fit soo good on mir2 and the fact there is some one doing that. is giving hope to the mir2 servers hence last mir2 servers are/is crap.
Yes the old King files where really bad but the newest ones used by https://www.3g2005.com (client made by MetalMax) are very good.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Reading this thread through and something stuck out to me i think it was Far's post, saying that it's all really pointless as anybody using this client won't be allowed to advertise here. Shame really you're clearly competent when it come's to making Mir servers why not just use Crystal and make something great ?

People are saying not sharing is what's wrong with the community, in reality **** like this and what Moh did is what is wrong with the community especially to Jamie love him or hate him he put a lot into Crystal open source at the begining of the project so he should have every right to keep his Private source to himself.. This is just going to split the community and cause more grief than what it's worth, this should just be taken down and he can work on it off LOMCN or just use Crystal and save everybody the hassle.

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
Reading this thread through and something stuck out to me i think it was Far's post, saying that it's all really pointless as anybody using this client won't be allowed to advertise here. Shame really you're clearly competent when it come's to making Mir servers why not just use Crystal and make something great ?

People are saying not sharing is what's wrong with the community, in reality **** like this and what Moh did is what is wrong with the community especially to Jamie love him or hate him he put a lot into Crystal open source at the begining of the project so he should have every right to keep his Private source to himself.. This is just going to split the community and cause more grief than what it's worth, this should just be taken down and he can work on it off LOMCN or just use Crystal and save everybody the hassle.

Yeah sorry I just don't understand this notion.

You speak of him working on this outside of LOMCN, then speak of "split the community"? Sounds like it's you who wants to split the community. Save everyone the hassle? Having an extra open-source Mir2 server option available, one based on (and presumably the goal is to support all the features included in the client) the best Mir client we've ever seen yet? Yeah ahh damn that's so much hassle. Who wants that, right?

Don't get me wrong, I understand why Jamie would be pissed off, seriously. Wouldn't be too pleased if that was my work. But this is an MMO private server community forum. Not a Zircon server forum. Not a *insert list of LOMCN favoured servers here* group forum. A central, Legend of Mir forum. Things like this might not be in the best interests of certain individuals of this forum, but in terms of Legend of Mir... I struggle to see a negative aspect, and honestly I'm shocked that some of the big boys want this guy out of here. If this guy gets chucked out, I'm not sure this could then be considered the central LoM forum.

Anyway serious mode off, just gonna watch the drama unfold personally.

Reactions: DjDarkBoyZ

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Yeah sorry I just don't understand this notion.

You speak of him working on this outside of LOMCN, then speak of "split the community"? Sounds like it's you who wants to split the community. Save everyone the hassle? Having an extra open-source Mir2 server option available, one based on (and presumably the goal is to support all the features included in the client) the best Mir client we've ever seen yet? Yeah ahh damn that's so much hassle. Who wants that, right?

Don't get me wrong, I understand why Jamie would be pissed off, seriously. Wouldn't be too pleased if that was my work. But this is an MMO private server community forum. Not a Zircon server forum. Not a *insert list of LOMCN favoured servers here* group forum. A central, Legend of Mir forum. Things like this might not be in the best interests of certain individuals of this forum, but in terms of Legend of Mir... I struggle to see a negative aspect, and honestly I'm shocked that some of the big boys want this guy out of here. If this guy gets chucked out, I'm not sure this could then be considered the central LoM forum.

Anyway serious mode off, just gonna watch the drama unfold personally.

exactly, anything to keep people interest in Mir is good. its slowly dying.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
all i can say is that im little busy now with this Zircon decompiling project :carrot:

the OP is pretty smart and would be such a shame to dont see this client used by all lomcn users :)

I'm just going to throw this out there - If you actually put half the amount of effort in to working on your own files as you do mud-slinging Zircon/Jamie, you might actually have a server to release. But here you are again, wasting your time infatuating over the next Project Nowhere like a magpie.

Just out of interest what do you think his motivation is then?

To cause a stir of some sort. If this actually amounts to anything worth talking about in 6 months I'll eat my own pubic hair. It's all terribly exciting (apparently) until you realise he's hiding his identity for a reason.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
It really is laughable , for that reason , I’m out.

Real talk though , if anyone expects this to amount to anything , his first action in recreating mir2 in mir3 client was .... BichonTown.

Groundbreaking.

Reactions: Tai

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
It really is laughable , for that reason , I’m out.

Real talk though , if anyone expects this to amount to anything , his first action in recreating mir2 in mir3 client was .... BichonTown.

Groundbreaking.

It's not Dragons Den mate.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
To cause a stir of some sort. If this actually amounts to anything worth talking about in 6 months I'll eat my own pubic hair. It's all terribly exciting (apparently) until you realise he's hiding his identity for a reason.

People have told me who he apparently is.. thought he had another lomcn account :rolleyes-new:

Nowt against him personally if its who people are saying.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
Thought would see if this kicked off anymore over weekend and was not disappointed.

Glad to see as expected the zed/dj circle jerking of liking anything anti-zircon continues and can always be relied on.

I am still confused as to why now you have the client source decompiler etc, why you are just not forking the mir2 crystal source and amending that to incorporate the client features you like. This can be easily distributed to the community and expanded on with others helping on a familiar source.

Then you atleast have a working server that you won't need to spend 6months on implementing everything else non client related. I mean the client is literally the smallest part of the whole server creation process. While this is how players interact and see the game it is actually the server that is 95% of the game architecture. Adding the mir2 tiles/maps won't be hard given you can probably just take it from the crystal source. Building a mir2 server to actually work from this client and all the features in the crystal source and integrating it all is going to take months.

If you was going to build a mir3 server I could understand and even appreciate, given there is no open source etc for mir3. But to take a mir3 client and then to try to rebuild mir2 from it, when there is an open source mir2 project is like a slap in the face to mir2 crystal. Why not just upgrade the crystal client?

Being anti jamie/zircon and mir2 focussed is probably why zed likes it so much. I imagine his tune would be different if u was doing it mir3 as would give much more competition.

Also zed nice screens, although I was expecting to see these back in January was it when you mentioned it.
Good to see in 8 months you made such good progress on your login screen. Another 8 months until anything slightly playable?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
No one can beat what jamie jas so why not rip. The same same will with Chron v2 client.

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
Thought would see if this kicked off anymore over weekend and was not disappointed.

Glad to see as expected the zed/dj circle jerking of liking anything anti-zircon continues and can always be relied on.

I am still confused as to why now you have the client source decompiler etc, why you are just not forking the mir2 crystal source and amending that to incorporate the client features you like. This can be easily distributed to the community and expanded on with others helping on a familiar source.

Then you atleast have a working server that you won't need to spend 6months on implementing everything else non client related. I mean the client is literally the smallest part of the whole server creation process. While this is how players interact and see the game it is actually the server that is 95% of the game architecture. Adding the mir2 tiles/maps won't be hard given you can probably just take it from the crystal source. Building a mir2 server to actually work from this client and all the features in the crystal source and integrating it all is going to take months.

If you was going to build a mir3 server I could understand and even appreciate, given there is no open source etc for mir3. But to take a mir3 client and then to try to rebuild mir2 from it, when there is an open source mir2 project is like a slap in the face to mir2 crystal. Why not just upgrade the crystal client?

Being anti jamie/zircon and mir2 focussed is probably why zed likes it so much. I imagine his tune would be different if u was doing it mir3 as would give much more competition.

Also zed nice screens, although I was expecting to see these back in January was it when you mentioned it.
Good to see in 8 months you made such good progress on your login screen. Another 8 months until anything slightly playable?

stop-posting-your-feeungs-on-social-media-laughing-nothing-is-29554662.png

wow, what amount of ... xD
love for u man :P

much rage here lol. relax and let that guy demostrate what amount of work he can save doing the things he is doing. is impressionant ^^

when that comes open source anyone can take and do a mir3, he is adding a mir2 compatibility :P
btw is good for comunity have another choice about files available. :D

gn to all ^^