Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
iceman ... you know nothing on this.
it cant be stopped due to the fact its user CONTROLLED.... im not going to explain what that means.. -.-

other people its not a cheat but a BOT ... meaning it will mine for you . if u cant be arsed...
level skills .. ect ect ... we didnt say we programmed it to pvp , pve ....

URM

typing lol c# lol shud not be classed as SPAM! ... sad really
its called an opinion

Hmm a client sided bot ..
theres a simple fix for this well the concept is simple
Getting it done is a problem

Put a captcha system in the game that asks when you login and every 10 minutes you have 2 minutes to answer

Bots can't work around those unless you can get some state of the art character recognization software making it possible to bypass .
other ways are nonexistent you can't stop client sided (player his pc sided) botting best u can do is block processes.

Anyways good luck getting a captcha system on.

MythRohan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
Northant's Town : Serious Gamer
im not claiming i made this atall , but i say we as i am working side him . is that a problem ?

and lol at the capture system.. who would play that server

this was mearly a heads up ...

and you all act like ^%&&*$.. lol lomcn aye

how am i over excited by saying.... " you cant stop it lol "

Last edited:

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
im not claiming i made this atall , but i say we as i am working side him . is that a problem ?

Well yeah lol, the creation / release of cheats on Lomcn has always been frowned upon, im sure its in the rules but i cba to read them.

You are helping someone to try destory mir, go you.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
this is not a cheat u noob
Lifco said:
leos apps have been sold released for neally 2 years now

They do set set things each bot like, mine / level / level set skills / over take week npcs etc

the problem is the engine has been released now making it possible to make 10000s of cheats

cheat
verb

act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.

Owned

Last edited:
Reactions: kevin87

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
As far as I am aware botting and cheating have always gone hand in hand, as it gives an unfair advantage - which don't quote me on, is the very definition of cheating unless i'm missing something.

People get banned for botting in Warcraft, Guildwars and various other MMO's it is no different here. I will leave it up to the admins on what they think about your comments though Myth.

/Czeldabolg

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
C'mon everyone knows when some people say cheat they mean hacks
while cheating just means playing unfairly for advantages

either way the statement is still true, he is apart of some plan to try ruin mir, this should not be condoned.

Whether or not this "cheat" (as that is what it is), will live up to its name is yet to be seen, but personally i don't like the way he is trying to brandish it like some threat.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Always found it harder to stop a bot then a cheat, cheats you can code so your server can detect it as it alters the coding in someway, were as a bot is pretty much a character playing without someone doing it so nothing is being altered to either server or client, it's just being played normally so detecting it isn't easy.

Wouldn't go worry about bots though.

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
LMAO why does everybody here jump on the band wagon at the first chance..?

I'm pretty sure being that both lifco and myth are server owners they probs aint trying to destroy mir .... after all most of u hadnt even heard about it until they posted !

If anything i'd say they've posted here (alright in a tounge in cheek way) but as an early warning

after all they could've quiet easily said fook all

Reactions: MythRohan

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
Does this app control mouse clicks or is it packet based?

Will be hard to stop yes but there are plenty of ways to hinder it.
Id be interested to see how it works and am up for helping on dealing with it.

Reactions: ChaseyLane

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
LMAO why does everybody here jump on the band wagon at the first chance..?

I'm pretty sure being that both lifco and myth are server owners they probs aint trying to destroy mir .... after all most of u hadnt even heard about it until they posted !

If anything i'd say they've posted here (alright in a tounge in cheek way) but as an early warning

after all they could've quiet easily said fook all

LMAO GET YOU TOUNGE OUT OF THEIR ASS MR IM PROUD GM OF A SERVER WHERE THE OWNERS ARE ADMITTING TO HELP WITH CHEATS TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

--------------------------------

Nobody heard about it, but their attitude of a 10 year old in this post shows they aren't really here to help Or Myth & lifco are spackers and cannot construct a sentance. More likely to rub it in peoples faces they've assisted in this program nobody here can stop (yet), next they'll demand 1billion gold coins and a mir sword!

Myth has obviously gone power mad with his semi successful server working along side on of the biggest tantrum throwers on this forum - If i remember rightly Lifco walked off never to post here again last year.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
If its Packets.. Just change the ID's on the packets, it will beak
If its Memory editing... Just change the location of a few important values (Target mob, health etc), it will break.

It would need to be either of these two as purely lifting images from the game and processing them would be too slow / inacurate.

Last edited:

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Smavid firstly who asked you..?

Secondly they're called tampons and i think you need some from your local shop !

Also to -rep me and call me a brown nose? you really that offended by what i wrote? As you've obviously taken time from your Jeremy Kyle filled day to post your opinion

At the end of the day it's a forum, people are gonna have a clash of opinions, but you have done exactly what my post was about and jumped straight on the band wagon.

Also why would Lifco post asking for help or if people want to work together to prevent this if he was part of its creation ( surely even you can understand that would make no sense )

smavid next time engage your brain before you drag your knuckles to the keyboard :)

Reactions: MythRohan and Jacko

Jacko

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2011
the netherlands
If its Packets.. Just change the ID's on the packets, it will beak
If its Memory editing... Just change the location of a few important values (Target mob, health etc), it will break.

It would need to be either of these two as purely lifting images from the game and processing them would be too slow / inacurate.

Honestly I think they're making a fly into an elephant .
mir has been known that you can't really bot on it

And botting to level a skill (don't care)
Botting to mine ( head there every hour or 2 to slaughter any miner loot their **** and leave)

And creating your own new bots I recon that was possible ages ago just by running simple scripts
if this is what broke TGA then well I think your server was fragile as hell.
as long as people don't know how to bypass the speed checks yet it'll be fine.
which actually is quite possible on heroes code just need to get a look at the code so you know what values to change

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Yes exactly. People worrying over nothing. There is much worse out there I guarantee it.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Smavid firstly who asked you..?

Secondly they're called tampons and i think you need some from your local shop !

Also to -rep me and call me a brown nose? you really that offended by what i wrote? As you've obviously taken time from your Jeremy Kyle filled day to post your opinion

At the end of the day it's a forum, people are gonna have a clash of opinions, but you have done exactly what my post was about and jumped straight on the band wagon.

Also why would Lifco post asking for help or if people want to work together to prevent this if he was part of its creation ( surely even you can understand that would make no sense )

smavid next time engage your brain before you drag your knuckles to the keyboard :)

Secondly, who asked you??

As i'm obviously on the dole and do not have a job, i feel i have the opinion to comment on everything down to how much washing power the queen should use. So without being asked i am instantly allowed an opinion.

Oh FYI i got a job, on excess of £24k, im 21.. so yea i don't have time for Jeremy Kyle, could you be a doll and record it for me?

Your signature just makes me chuckle, comic sans, bold & colour, attempting to boast your a GM on a server which i actually was going to play - but Myths posts just got childish with replies such as 'you cant stop this LOL' Him and lifco come here to ask for help, and people get that response?

Lifo: "please help/ heads up"
lomcn:"ok whats problem"
Lifco & Myth: Pointless banter between selves.
Myth: "you cant stop this LOL"

Sum of first couple of pages. Myth isn't trying to assist at-all but just tell people - the end is nye!! run for you lives. Why should people post positive feedback when all Myth is doing is being a monkey telling everybody it cannot be stopped.

I agree i shouldn't of thrown Lifco into this as he hasn't been as stupid as myth with his replies.

*dis engaged brain & back to jeremy kyle?*

Reactions: Jamie

ChaseyLane

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Secondly, who asked you??

As i'm obviously on the dole and do not have a job, i feel i have the opinion to comment on everything down to how much washing power the queen should use. So without being asked i am instantly allowed an opinion.

Oh FYI i got a job, on excess of £24k, im 21.. so yea i don't have time for Jeremy Kyle, could you be a doll and record it for me?

Your signature just makes me chuckle, comic sans, bold & colour, attempting to boast your a GM on a server which i actually was going to play - but Myths posts just got childish with replies such as 'you cant stop this LOL' Him and lifco come here to ask for help, and people get that response?

Lifo: "please help/ heads up"
lomcn:"ok whats problem"
Lifco & Myth: Pointless banter between selves.
Myth: "you cant stop this LOL"

Sum of first couple of pages. Myth isn't trying to assist at-all but just tell people - the end is nye!! run for you lives. Why should people post positive feedback when all Myth is doing is being a monkey telling everybody it cannot be stopped.

I agree i shouldn't of thrown Lifco into this as he hasn't been as stupid as myth with his replies.

*dis engaged brain & back to jeremy kyle?*

My point was smavid you went and did exactly what i had posted about in the first place -.- straight on the bandwagon, you might aswell have posted "what he said"

The reason i made a post wasn't to get in a boring a semantic argument with you nor to turn this post into a flame thread, it was because i, like many other people on here who have posted here think its something that needed to be brought up in order for something to be done about it as after all it effects everybody on this forum.

Yeah okay my signature is a standard one .... so what does it make a difference? or are you just clutching at straws..?

I can go through and selectively pick posts aimed at discrediting people but i have better things to occupy my time (thankfully) and on that matter why did lifco offer to send people the program and share his work in trying to block it so far if we at TGA are responsible???? Or do you maybe ... just maybe think Lifco posted about this as it's something thats gonna take more then one coders input to prevent???

Also if you was that intelligent you would know a persons wages are based n vary on the cost of living in their area. So to some 24k a year is immense, to others (myself being one) it isn't if im honest i earn a similar amount but i don't think i'm one of the Rockerfella's for doing so , however the fact you feel it's brag worthy does amuse me :)

You can carry on this childish flame war if you wish but all your doing is showing the Mir community what a rounded door handle you are :)

Have a nice day

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
You're both as stupid as each other for arguing in this thread. Lifco was not saying that the engine exposes other aspects of the files we have. Meaning (I think) that a lot of things would need to be changed depending on how the engine works.

^ This I do not agree with. With a lot of people helping develop files over the years for this community I feel that people like you (If you are talking about siding with a third party program to gain an unfair advantage) are spitting on hard work and time people have given to this community.

I have not looked at the engine, however anything is blockable and I'm sure there is only a select few that could work around the 'block' on this forum. (Neither of you being one) So lets keep on topic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.