Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellmo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
Working on a server is pretty enjoyable when you aint got no dead lines or people moaning/waiting for updates. You can take more time, test, and adjust.

Yeah I agree, would be a lot more enjoyable without making a deadline for yourself to meet. You do tend to learn from mistakes though. Saying that, this is the only server I ever plan on making so I hope people who have read through this thread and are thinking of making a server get some help from my mistakes and make life easier from themselves.

It's also hard for me as I have young children at home too, maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew but I am 100% committed to this server and plan on being here a long time. Just got some patching up to do. I gotta say though, positive or negative, the guys on this thread have really helped me understand what needs to be done and what doesn't. I know some people hate the server and that's ok by me, I still appreciate it when they tell me why they dislike it. People like Koriban and Mitsos are very helpful. They tend to take a no BS attitude which is what we need.

I know most GM's just get pissed off and slate people for stating their opinions but I think that's the wrong way to deal with criticism. I like to take it on the chin, accept what's been said and try to improve it.

I'm trying guys, sorry.

HiddenMistGM

Last edited:

kelvin09

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 13, 2008
could definately do with some bosses that drop some half decent **** as atm everybody is running around in the same kit and there's **** all to do apart from level... which trust me gets very boring!!

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
You have a good base to work off, so if you keep at it im sure server will be a success m8. You seem like a decent lad, best of luck!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
To be honest, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for.

You've done a very good job and you haven't lashed out like most childish server owners, you've been calm and accepted constructive criticism well. It's not your fault that you have a life, a family, and those clearly come first which is to be expected.

Server owners could learn a lot by adopting your type of attitude towards a Mir server. Just keep at it remember no "serious" mistakes ;P and you'll be fine.

Burntsoul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2006
To be honest, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for.

You've done a very good job and you haven't lashed out like most childish server owners, you've been calm and accepted constructive criticism well. It's not your fault that you have a life, a family, and those clearly come first which is to be expected.

Server owners could learn a lot by adopting your type of attitude towards a Mir server. Just keep at it remember no "serious" mistakes ;P and you'll be fine.

Agreed. Servers not perfect, it's got a long way to go for sure. But it could be good, I like the gms attitude. Yeah he's gonna make mistakes as he's new to it but everyone starts somewhere.

Ellmo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
Sorry guys, had to take the server down quickly as people's kits have vanished. I know the problem and can fix it. I'll get it back up asap. Sorry.

Ok, basically, the items in SQL were not numbered in order and as a result when making new items for the server, I duplicated the item numbers. My mistake. This caused everyone who was online kits to vanish from their body. Just trying to fix the SQL now and will let you know as soon as I can give you an accurate update. Hoping it will be a quick fix but also a chance it could take a little while.

Keep checking back for updates please as I will let you know what the crack is as soon as I know for sure myself.

Last edited:

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
Sorry guys, had to take the server down quickly as people's kits have vanished. I know the problem and can fix it. I'll get it back up asap. Sorry.

Ok, basically, the items in SQL were not numbered in order and as a result when making new items for the server, I duplicated the item numbers. My mistake. This caused everyone who was online kits to vanish from their body. Just trying to fix the SQL now and will let you know as soon as I can give you an accurate update. Hoping it will be a quick fix but also a chance it could take a little while.

Keep checking back for updates please as I will let you know what the crack is as soon as I know for sure myself.

Don't look good did you think of taking a back up before poking around ?

Any update when server is up ? Sundays are very boring.

/Ult

Veora

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 4, 2005
edd whats your name on ze server?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

its ryan btw

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
Found a Bug last night.

Sabuk wall still able to use FireWall

Make a new chara (Wizard) take the FireWall book of it, take it in to Sabuk works.

/Ult

Ellmo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
Still trying to fix this for now, if worse comes to worst, there will be no rewind but I'd have to remake the kits individually for people that they were wearing at the time. Time consuming but not a big problem. That is the worst case scenario though, still hoping for a better outcome.

Thanks for your patience guys and my apologies once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.