Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellmo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
He has always been fast only reason he was banned was because gms GF cried about it

Stop chatting **** silly billy. I banned him because I think he was cheating. Not because of anyone else. I received a lot of PMs asking to watch him and that's what I did..

Last edited:

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
If i were running a server and someone is too fast either by cheating or tweaking i'd ban them too. Zero tolerance the way to go and more fair for everyone.

Reactions: Ellmo

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
He has always been fast only reason he was banned was because gms GF cried about it

"Always been fast" is a lame excuse. People have cheated for years and got away with it. Some banned on bens server had been cheating for the past 8 years (on various servers) and have only recently been proven to be cheats.

Take ultima41 on GN mir, lots said he wasn't cheating as he'd always been fast... then come his ban after 6 years he's said he cheated from the very first month.

I know loads who have used speeder or programs like that on private servers for years.

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Ice has always been 1 of the fastest ppl in every single server starting from MR years ago. Unless he is a coder himself or he has paid 100s monthly subscriptions to poz then he aint cheating.

On the other hand when you are playing files like 2.3 which are vulnerable to cheats with no detection the only thing you can do is either learn to live with em or let GM judge who is and who is not cheating. I dont completely agree with kori since no way a GM can fully monitor 30-40ppl to get em all at same speed but there isnt much more they cant do other than ban the odd guy who is or aint using cheats.

At least give credit to Ellmo for trying. I have said some bad things about this server prolly because its not my type of server but i have to admit the guy is trying his best.

Conclusion is that Ice is 100% not cheating (dont care if you believe me) but dunno what else you can do.

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007
theres far to many speed cheats on this server as well ...and still gettin away with it ... not fair on every one that wants to play tbh . and eventually give server a bad rep for allowin it to happen .... ppl shud de tweak tbh as this is wot ppl call * fast pc's* take mick tbh ... all in all tho a great server with great server team... just got to get rid of these speed freaks who tbh cant play a simple game with out cheating ....zero tolerance is wot is needed and this server has it.... ban whoever is cheatin and keep em banned imo

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
"Always been fast" is a lame excuse. People have cheated for years and got away with it. Some banned on bens server had been cheating for the past 8 years (on various servers) and have only recently been proven to be cheats.

Take ultima41 on GN mir, lots said he wasn't cheating as he'd always been fast... then come his ban after 6 years he's said he cheated from the very first month.

I know loads who have used speeder or programs like that on private servers for years.

ice played 3h hasnt been banned also just as fast there?

EDIT: wens this actuall reboot anyway? people have been waiting for days for an actual reason to boss hunt ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellmo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
IceSlicer is a good mate of mine as he will tell you. We played a lot of servers together and yes he's always been fast, but unless he has got a LOT faster since joining here then as far as I am concerned, it's not a natural speed. Yes tweaks can make you faster but they can't raise your attack speed etc. I have experimented with all sorts of tweaks, cheats, programs and other things to make me faster on Mir and am considered one of the faster people on private servers. I know my tweaks and ACPI, although helpful on a single or dual core on XP, it isn't even the most effective method of making you faster on Mir.

Like I said, it's down to my judgement, if I got it wrong then I sincerely apologise to Ice but from what I have seen, I am sticking to my guns on this one. All I can do.

Thanks,

HiddenMistGM.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
poz no longer offers cheats for mir, so unless these guys are coders themselves, i highly doubt any of them are cheating.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
ellmo plz tell us whats going on with this reboot thats been meant to be happening for past few days... as thats the only reason people are currently staying

Ellmo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
ellmo plz tell us whats going on with this reboot thats been meant to be happening for past few days... as thats the only reason people are currently staying

It was supposed to be in yesterday but my little girl was ill with a stomach bug. I am nearly done with it now though and it will be in today.

Thanks.

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
Why do people always release servers early.. You just make it hard for your self with all the updates you need to add.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Why do people always release servers early.. You just make it hard for your self with all the updates you need to add.

Indeed. Seems as thought not much testing was done before hand, hence the mad rush to please people with new content. People completely underestimate the average Mir geek and don't add enough to please them, hence the geeks get bored and leave, while the casual player will play forever because they don't "geek" it.

Ellmo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
It's true that I underestimated the amount of content needed but we didn't want to put all of the things we had planned for the server in from the first day. It was planned so that we could update as the game was being played. Maybe it hasn't worked out quite as well as we thought it might have but adding updates isn't a chore, it's part of running a server. As for making hard work for ourselves, do you not think that everything to do with server work is strenuous enough anyway? Nothing is particularly fun about it so having to do updates is just another day at the office so to speak.

Blimey

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2011
Hero Village
Working on a server is pretty enjoyable when you aint got no dead lines or people moaning/waiting for updates. You can take more time, test, and adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.