Lastest AppleM2 Source(A3M2.com)

smoochy boys on tour

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
hmm dont worry, cant seem to use it because theres a password on it(website). Tortoise comes up with an error with it

Basically Tortoise SVN is a program to download such SVN's

Last edited:

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
User : Lomcn Pass: lomcn

---------- Post Merged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:52 PM ----------

note the capital L in user name

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
Daneo - Thanks - very appreciated :)
Hershire - Indeed - Open Source FTW :) - Just how I roll. Good luck with the conversion - please do keep me posted of your progress. I'll be updating at least 1-2 files daily - more if I get a chance so keep an eye on the SVN and grab updates nightly - I'll try to schedule a commit every 2 hours on the hour(ish) at 2000, 2200, 0000 - possibly a few later if I'm up - which is quite frequently!

OK - how to use SVN for those who have had problems:

1) Download tortoise SVN (other clients available but I've always used this and it's fantastic :) ) from http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html
2) Install - Defaults will do the job - You may need to restart
3) Create a new folder - "AppleM2 Source" makes it clear
4) Right-Click on folder and select "SVN Checkout"
5) In url enter either:
a) http://fugly.servegame.com:81/svn/AppleM2/GameOfMir/ for purely the source I am working on (Best option)
b) http://fugly.servegame.com:81/svn/AppleM2/ for all the items(inc a LOT of components/chinese docs/etc) - not really needed if you've comipled source before as you'll have/not need these
c) http://fugly.servegame.com:81/svn/AppleM2/Release/ for compiled exe's only - as I get things working this folder will become a working barebones server
6) Leave all other options and click on "OK"
7) When prompted for a username enter "Lomcn" - Case sensative
8) When prompted for a password enter "lomcn" - Case sensative
9) Your folder will sync with server - Done :)

To get further updates:
1) Right-click on your folder and sselect "SVN Update"
2) To view a list of changed files and notes associated with the revision select "Show Log"
3) To view changes to individual files double-click on the file in the lower pane and you will see the changes made

Last edited:
Reactions: daneo1989

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
You should make a post with your svn info and a running update list help people understand whats going on.

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
List and access details are above. I add comments to commits so people know what I've changed in each revision. For now I'm trying to get the source translated

Source current state/where I'm at:
- Some files translated
- All component compile
- Need to get a working hum.db / mir.db for dbserver
- Need to see what client works

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Quote came back from programmer at $5-6k , going to look at a few other applicants see if I can get them to drop the price a bit, will keep you updated!

Reactions: combie

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
Quote came back from programmer at $5-6k , going to look at a few other applicants see if I can get them to drop the price a bit, will keep you updated!

Lol - ouch - Theres nothing wrong with investing a few quid in a hobby here and there - but 5-6k is a bit extreme!! lol Good luck with the other applicants.
What are the criteria you've given them? Just to convert to c# or convert + translate ot ???

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
The server pretty much needs to be entirely re-written from scratch to be in C# since there is no such thing as a conversion tool that works 100% most of them generate thousands of errors so it would be just as or more time consuming then to re write the whole project, the first guy said it would take him a couple months. Luckily ive had dozens of applicants from elance.com just sent a shout out to about 10 more to see if they can compete with the price and provide a proto-type before I fork out the dough.

And ya 5-6k is a lot of cheese lol, it might take me a while to shove that kind of cash under the carpet without my wife noticing.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
The server pretty much needs to be entirely re-written from scratch to be in C# since there is no such thing as a conversion tool that works 100% most of them generate thousands of errors so it would be just as or more time consuming then to re write the whole project, the first guy said it would take him a couple months. Luckily ive had dozens of applicants from elance.com just sent a shout out to about 10 more to see if they can compete with the price and provide a proto-type before I fork out the dough.

And ya 5-6k is a lot of cheese lol, it might take me a while to shove that kind of cash under the carpet without my wife noticing.

5-6k is a hell of money. i would also beg for you NOT tobe paying that kind of money :O

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
2-3k is reasonable but 5-6 kind made me go "oh really?"

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
aye its almost a weeks pay lol hope some other coder comes thru for me for cheaper

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Thats quite a big project to take on dude.
Hopefully it comes cheaper for you

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
150-175k give or take 10-20k, seasonal job so I only work 8-9 months a year