Status
Not open for further replies.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Shame not all have crypto wallets.

Takes about 2mins to get one, bloody Mir, 20 years and still see "I quit" sob stories, we ain't teenagers anymore ffs... So much bitching and moaning it never changes lol, **** you @Xander for messaging me yesterday :P

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Takes about 2mins to get one, bloody Mir, 20 years and still see "I quit" sob stories, we ain't teenagers anymore ffs... So much bitching and moaning it never changes lol, **** you @Xander for messaging me yesterday :p

Most of the mir2-3 audience its over 40 years old. Its not about the setting up, its about changing the mentality.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
there was a thread, like several months back, where pple revealed their ages but that was likely skewed by mostly younger ones bragging about their low count, I'd think most older ones wouldn't participate

offhand I recall many were ~30 including the geese that got themselves heard just now LOL

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I still remember missing the whole Easter event because I was in Wales while two others from same house collected paras/pros etc.. life was hard as a teenager...
WTH am I saying, I miss being a teenager :(

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
I still remember missing the whole Easter event because I was in Wales while two others from same house collected paras/pros etc.. life was hard as a teenager...
WTH am I saying, I miss being a teenager :(

Got 30 day ban for pking at that event... :|

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I'd have thought majority of the community would be in their 30's, having played Euro Mir as a teenager.
In 2001 many of the older generation who played computer rpgs in late nineties and who adopted computers in their gaming lives then joined the mmorpgs which were new thing still at the turn of the century, and mmorpgs of mir style suited them over fast(er) paced mmog

those who cut their teeth on DOS weren't exactly 10-15 yrs olds but more likely 15 to 30 yrs of age in nineties

I think your typical carebear gamestyle players in mir official days were of mature age 25 or 30+ which would make them 45-50 now and likely many still older

Also those older ones typically don't post here on forum or hardly at all, but they keep lurking and play servers if some crop up that suit them

Reactions: zedina
Status
Not open for further replies.