Legend of Immortal - Shanda

smoochy boys on tour

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Probably been spoke of before (dated 2010) , looks very similar to mir (Wool next gen) but more action packed.

maybe some of the maps/objects/spells etc would transfer into mir too

Videos:
Trailer
[video=youtube;d_NYfPhifG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_NYfPhifG8[/video]

Footage
[video=youtube;kNbYPYVrxZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNbYPYVrxZc[/video]

Classes
[video=youtube;NqgwM2kQ0ps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqgwM2kQ0ps[/video]

Artwork:
bluesectset1.jpg

immortalgeneral1.jpg

zombieshiren1.jpg

citymansion1.jpg

gateofnineswordmansion1.jpg

weavinghall1.jpg

Description:
"Legend of Immortal is an MMORPG based on the well-known Internet novel which has already received more than 40 million hits. The game is planning to continue The World of Legend (Wool)'s phenomenal success in China. It is deployed by the world leading 3D engine -- Gamebryo.

Players can devote themselves to the legendary wars among guilds, clans and factions in the Tri-World and eventually become a supreme being in the World of Immortals. The game features an easy interface, fast-paced actions, and visceral gameplay that players have come to expect and enjoy. The game is packed with plenty of new features that will take the 2D MMORPG experience to the next generation."

If lomcn can get hold of the files, its something you should sink your teeth into imo.

Engine Details:
http://www.emergent.net/Products/Gamebryo/Gamebryo-26/

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I read about this and i thought it was the Chinese version of Battle of Immortals but just checked videos and screenshots and it's not, looks really good tbh, looks kinder weird is it 2.5D based mmo like BOI or just like Woool 2.5D? am sure i notice the camra angels on some screenshots change postion, with BOI you could zoom in and move angels but it was classed as 2.5D if you don't know what i mean.

Would love to see Shanda go global though, they make some nice games.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
I want to play..
me too, looks like alot of fun for a 2-2.5d game, first time iv had the urge to play one in a while.

Sanity said:
I read about this and i thought it was the Chinese version of Battle of Immortals but just checked videos and screenshots and it's not, looks really good tbh, looks kinder weird is it 2.5D based mmo like BOI or just like Woool 2.5D? am sure i notice the camra angels on some screenshots change postion, with BOI you could zoom in and move angels but it was classed as 2.5D if you don't know what i mean.

Would love to see Shanda go global though, they make some nice games.
i noticed a different camera angle when they are on the roof too, also this game appear to use 3d characters/mobs from what i can tell, at least that dragon snake thing looked amazing.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Listen out for the "MassHealing" sound in the third video! lol

I don't like 3d pc games...too jumpy and stuff when adjusting camera angles

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Listen out for the "MassHealing" sound in the third video! lol

I don't like 3d pc games...too jumpy and stuff when adjusting camera angles
yeah i heard it :) , heard some other familiar sounds too.

don't see why it would be more jumpy, if anything 2d games are more jumpy as there are gaps in the animation of the images when you turn etc (can be seen in mir)

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I mean you can't control how much you move the camera or character just by tapping a key...whereas with a controller with joysticks you can move it as slightly as you want. At least with 2d there's only so many ways you can turn! I think it's horrendous playing with w/a/s/d keys etc anyway

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nice to Shanda finally branching out of Asia. Looks nice, though the backgrounds remind me of the ****ty maps people made for Mir2 using painted images converted to maps. Will most likely be a grind fest too but I'll check out the game whenever it comes out.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Wow was never expecting Shanda to release anything out of Asia, will be intresting to see what eles they release.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Haha I know exactly where you are coming from about the maps Milo.
Looks decent though, will have to give that a go when its about.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
though the backgrounds remind me of the ****ty maps people made for Mir2 using painted images converted to maps. Will most likely be a grind fest too but I'll check out the game whenever it comes out.

yeah i hate those maps :(, but what can you do..

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
feeling another LOMCN guilld ;)? hah they dont look too bad. they will look better on that game rather than Mir2, thats for sure.

Omega

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2010
It don't look all that great but I know SNDA are good with content and users.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
looks pretty crap i think, reminds me of mir maps

2d games don't appeal to many people these days sadly, but 7 years of work has gone into this game and you can see this just by the immense detail in the backdrops, its like playing an art gallery game lol. whether it will be any good only time will tell.