Legend of Mir Galaxy [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Wish I could give you an update but I cant, no reply from Luke still. Guess im out.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
I like Adv's new avatar tagline. Who did that lol.

Give you one guess. Im surprised Tai didnt lock this (As it should have been over a week ago) after getting one last dig in at me so i couldnt reply.

Unfazed by it all, but Tai probably thinks hes "totally owned me".

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Give you one guess. Im surprised Tai didnt lock this (As it should have been over a week ago) after getting one last dig in at me so i couldnt reply.

Unfazed by it all, but Tai probably thinks hes "totally owned me".

I sense beef, would I be correct?

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
I really enjoyed this server to begin with and played with some really nice people :) its a shame that it never played out well in the end! Some of the ideas behind the cooldown system and the dungeons was really good! Turtles at the early stages was amazing, lots of decent PK and always fun. But as its progressed onto the next tier of kit (BoneLord and higher) it turned from being good fun to being a 2 hit PK fest that Taoists couldn't even partake in due to poorly scaling skills and nerfs to Red Poison.

I would be very interested in playing a similar server again but it needs the massive restrictions and kit differences removing. The best parts about Mir are being able to group with anyone any level and enjoy playing together, I remember being the first player to level 81 my brother being level 71 and he could no longer hunt with me because he would die too fast in Zulu. It destroyed the game for me because what fun is it if you can't play/boss together. If they could take the standard Mir item progression and caves but implement the fun elements of cooldowns and the increased focus on PvP I would deffo be up for it.

As for the whole recalling of transactions, I would actively encourage it! I recalled all of my transactions after the failed patch of Zulu Temple. Although listed as a donation the actual transaction was NOT a donation and was a purchase for a digital product. If it had been a donation/gift PayPal don't allow chargebacks. Anyway long story short I reclaimed £250 mainly because they lied about this patch, we were promised more than was delivered in their marketing materials and private server or not its misleading. PayPal agreed and I got my money back, for anyone else thinking of doing this and is unsure how drop me a PM (you have 180 days to launch a claim)

It is a shame though because in the early days it looked very very promising but due to the difficulty of the caves and the way items stats jumped so quickly (and made everyone into pure clones) it took the fun out of mir IMO.

Hopefully see some of you guys in the future on a different server, but for now Fallout4 is taking up my spare time.

/Allumis (DenOfWolves Guild Leader)

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Oh no! Another upstanding member of the Mir community venemously retracts paypal payments!!! Burn the witch!!

Tai will no doubt chastise you for your 2014 join date for this!

Joking aside, well done. Like i said its not about getting our money back, its making sure Luke the cash cow farmer doesnt have it. He probably had to sell his PC to cover the debt from PayPal retractions after spending all our money. Shame.

I honestly feel Avantasia is the worst affected by all this. Decent guy, whos rep is now tarnished for being involved in this. We can get money back, weather through paypal or just going back to work. But Avant will never get the hours back that he put in. That is real debt.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Oh no! Another upstanding member of the Mir community venemously retracts paypal payments!!! Burn the witch!!

Tai will no doubt chastise you for your 2014 join date for this!

Joking aside, well done. Like i said its not about getting our money back, its making sure Luke the cash cow farmer doesnt have it. He probably had to sell his PC to cover the debt from PayPal retractions after spending all our money. Shame.

I honestly feel Avantasia is the worst affected by all this. Decent guy, whos rep is now tarnished for being involved in this. We can get money back, weather through paypal or just going back to work. But Avant will never get the hours back that he put in. That is real debt.

Unless he takes active part ingame or on their own forums I don't see how it's anything other than his own actions tarnishing his rep.... but i don't know enough to judge, so I won't.

---------- Post Merged at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:39 AM ----------

If you're spending £250 on a digital items in a private server then you have more money than sense

That's not really fair Far lol. Money is subjective

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Mhmm not cool Far, people can spend their money how they see fit. I bought a Luck7 DragonSword on Chronicles for £1300 and someone cursed it after about a month, am i insensible for buying it? No, money is nothing. Am i insensible for letting someone else use it, absolutely! :)

About Avant, he was very quiet and he had nothing to do with donations. All payments went to Luke and he did whatever with it.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
About Avant, he was very quiet and he had nothing to do with donations. All payments went to Luke and he did whatever with it.

Andreas didn't have much of a reputation to tarnish anyway.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
I dunno who either of them are really. Wasnt Andreas on that Elysium hype with kyndigs and IceMan? wasnt aware Avant was an alias.

Regardless, he didnt do anything wrong here afaik.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Mhmm not cool Far, people can spend their money how they see fit. I bought a Luck7 DragonSword on Chronicles for £1300 and someone cursed it after about a month, am i insensible for buying it? No, money is nothing. Am i insensible for letting

Sorry David :(

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Mhmm not cool Far, people can spend their money how they see fit. I bought a Luck7 DragonSword on Chronicles for £1300 and someone cursed it after about a month, am i insensible for buying it? No, money is nothing. Am i insensible for letting someone else use it, absolutely! :)

Just means you have more money than sense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.