Legend of Mir Galaxy [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkheartz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2012
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by -Luke-
The server will never get abandoned and neither was gravity abandoned it just Galaxy has taken higher prioty at the moment.

Are you sure? I'm not trying to say your server was bad, but clearly you guys abandoned gravity which is why you had lost all your players, anyone can go to your fourms and see that you take/took over a week to reply to almost any posts, boss spawns, and your event cave, i really liked Gravity and im sure others did too, but everyone left when you guys stopped caring. Thats why im sure people want to know if the same thing is gonna happen here. Darkheartz - 8-21-15.
I told you folks they would leave the server just like they did to their other server gravity, they were active first 2 months of gravity and left, here it was barely a month of being active.

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
dude, you need a psychologist.

Anyone who thinks its okay to name a guild (or anything for that matter) after a pack of worthless, gutless, spineless scumbags is the one needing a psychologist, not me.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Sorry guys, I've been completely snowed under with work the past 2 weeks working late and most weekends, had some big projects going on at the moment. Luke has also been busy at college and been doing exams.. Ava has also had uni work.

Hopefully we are all back now and we are continuing to work on the update, Luke is going to fix the forums/website.. and once the update is ingame things should pick up again. We've in no way given up with the server, we've just been busy. There's no reason why people cant take a break while waiting for updates.. its perfectly understandable

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
So you dont consider realising that this server is dead and that you are working on a dead server that cant be revived simply because it was badly made from the beggining?

You dont consider on actually working from scratch on something that could be...succesful and fun?

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Sorry guys, I've been completely snowed under with work the past 2 weeks working late and most weekends, had some big projects going on at the moment. Luke has also been busy at college and been doing exams.. Ava has also had uni work.

Hopefully we are all back now and we are continuing to work on the update, Luke is going to fix the forums/website.. and once the update is ingame things should pick up again. We've in no way given up with the server, we've just been busy. There's no reason why people cant take a break while waiting for updates.. its perfectly understandable

Heard these from various GM's in the past. While im not saying they arent true, absolutely no communication or warning of these obviously predictable things isnt acceptable for the majority of fickle Mirians.

It really isnt hard to find 5-10mins of your day to log on a forum and make a quick thread about why people have vanished, even easier with modern smarty stuff like Tapatalk on your phone.

2 people online at 5pm today, 1 was me checking UC.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Heard these from various GM's in the past. While im not saying they arent true, absolutely no communication or warning of these obviously predictable things isnt acceptable for the majority of fickle Mirians.

It really isnt hard to find 5-10mins of your day to log on a forum and make a quick thread about why people have vanished, even easier with modern smarty stuff like Tapatalk on your phone.

2 people online at 5pm today, 1 was me checking UC.
Not sure where you get that info from but there is 16 people online at the moment and peak of 39 since last reboot, 2 is a bit of an exaggeration but then thats mir players all over.. i dont think anyone ever tells the truth. Usercount can drop from 50 to 45 and it'll be instant posts about server dieing etc.

And yes, I have literally been too busy to even do a quick 5-10 minute post, you don't know how busy I've been so you cannot really argue against me.

So you dont consider realising that this server is dead and that you are working on a dead server that cant be revived simply because it was badly made from the beggining?

You dont consider on actually working from scratch on something that could be...succesful and fun?
Being part of the server team I'm never going to say the server was badly made or bad mouth it in any way, that would be stupid. My job is to help improve the server for as long as the team decide to keep it online for.

I will say there were some mistakes made, but we've been trying to rectify them.. making a server is never easy.. you either get it right or horribly wrong.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Not sure where you get that info from but there is 16 people online at the moment and peak of 39 since last reboot, 2 is a bit of an exaggeration but then thats mir players all over.. i dont think anyone ever tells the truth. Usercount can drop from 50 to 45 and it'll be instant posts about server dieing etc.

Not sure about the 2, but the other day I did notice the status on LOMCN said a Usercount of 4. So something has caused a lot of people to stop(until the next patch at least)

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
I logged on and clicked the Signpost and it said 2. And there was me stood in sz checking it, and another person afk.

Call me a liar all you want lol.

I refuse to believe anybody is too busy to spare 5 minutes for anything, lol. Sitting on the shitter multitasking is an option? Waiting for the kettle to boil? Nobody is 100% occupied for their entire day, you would die pretty fast.

7:30pm on a saturday night, arguably the peakiest of peak times, 6 people online (1 is me logging purely to see UC, so 5)

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:32 PM ----------

5 people online at midnight, zero of the top 25 levels online.

Last edited:

Tyrius

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 20, 2015
All I see right now is the odd defensive comment/excuse thread. Boys, let me tell you something, in business you cannot argue with your customers. You have tried to make money from this server, it's a business. Apologise, be clear about what is coming and give people a date. Identify the problems and fix them.

Comments like "You have no idea how busy I've been" is bullshit and you know it. Keep the community informed or they'll feel its a time sink and both a) never trust you again and b) quit.

Summary: Don't argue, Be Clear, Keep the community informed AS A PRIORITY. By the way, sort your friggin marketing and security it's a friggin disaster.

Sukki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2010
Manchester, England
Gm's where practically non existent... which is a shame because like most of the other players i actually enjoyed this server.... ah well... Reminds me of salvation and paul all over again... flopped big time... in the exact same manner.

And Bon... when i was on the server i remember seeing countless times at 7-9 pm at night if not later sometimes the UC was around 5-8 players... this was obviously before i felt like my money was being essentially robbed from me.... So Adv isn't at all exaggerating.. and for you to come out with such attitude toward a player who seemed to be quite dedicated to the server is disgraceful.
You and the other two need a rain check on your manners and learn how to treat what are YOUR customers with much more respect... regardless of you being busy or not.
Either that ir dont bother setting a server up you may not be able to keep going if your lives are that hectic.

Which i think being busy 100% of the time is utter Karl Pilkington.... i used to work night shifts... be sleeping most of the day and still found time to help the GM's on my old server with file conversions and new map/mob/boss testing.... So if you wanna chat bs try sugar coating it with something more delicious that your community will gobble up... because what your serving up atm is nothing more than a flaming bag of poo.

All that is left to say is thanks paypal for my money back and realizing this server provided non of the content it claimed to.
ggwp

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
some people have dedicated a lot of time on this server and I believe most of them also enjoyed it because even with it's problems it was really fun playing.

i still can see the opportunity of it getting back to run almost well but seriously, has mentioned above, if there is something that must be said now just say it. Have you guys given up? just inform us and we will move elsewhere. Do you guys want to try again, then start working hard on the content and problems and become active again. I am sure many of us will appreciate even just 1hour time per day of GM presence and small updates.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Gm's where practically non existent... which is a shame because like most of the other players i actually enjoyed this server.... ah well... Reminds me of salvation and paul all over again... flopped big time... in the exact same manner.

And Bon... when i was on the server i remember seeing countless times at 7-9 pm at night if not later sometimes the UC was around 5-8 players... this was obviously before i felt like my money was being essentially robbed from me.... So Adv isn't at all exaggerating.. and for you to come out with such attitude toward a player who seemed to be quite dedicated to the server is disgraceful.
You and the other two need a rain check on your manners and learn how to treat what are YOUR customers with much more respect... regardless of you being busy or not.
Either that ir dont bother setting a server up you may not be able to keep going if your lives are that hectic.

Which i think being busy 100% of the time is utter Karl Pilkington.... i used to work night shifts... be sleeping most of the day and still found time to help the GM's on my old server with file conversions and new map/mob/boss testing.... So if you wanna chat bs try sugar coating it with something more delicious that your community will gobble up... because what your serving up atm is nothing more than a flaming bag of poo.

All that is left to say is thanks paypal for my money back and realizing this server provided non of the content it claimed to.
ggwp
You know what, i wrote a big long reply to this, but I've deleted it and decided its just not worth it.

As for the server, I don't know what's going on.... I'm not going to sit and listen to the rubbish about not putting effort in, I spent a lot of time trying to balance all the stats, adding the rift dungeon and various other things.. I did my best, not much else I can do. I disappeared for a week busy with work and come back to find there's no one playing.. what can i do. I'm not sugar coating any thing, I have responsibilities at work that will always come before mir, thats just the way it is. One day when you leave get a proper job and your not working night shifts at Mcdonalds you'll understand.

We/I was working on a big expansion to hopefully fix some of the known balance issues etc.. not entirely sure if that's going ahead anymore or not.

As for wasting money .. thats your choice not mine, no one forced you to donate, certainly not me.. its called a donation for a reason.. you donate it to aid the server creator thats putting in endless hours for your entertainment.. if you choose to reclaim money lets hope word gets around and on the next server you donate to the person rejects the money and bans you, cant stand people like you who basically cheat their way to the top by donating and then claim it all back at the end.

As for the forums/website.. I dont have access to the control panel so there's nothing I can do about it.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
You know what, i wrote a big long reply to this, but I've deleted it and decided its just not worth it.

As for the server, I don't know what's going on.... I'm not going to sit and listen to the rubbish about not putting effort in, I spent a lot of time trying to balance all the stats, adding the rift dungeon and various other things.. I did my best, not much else I can do. I disappeared for a week busy with work and come back to find there's no one playing.. what can i do. I'm not sugar coating any thing, I have responsibilities at work that will always come before mir, thats just the way it is. One day when you leave get a proper job and your not working night shifts at Mcdonalds you'll understand.

We/I was working on a big expansion to hopefully fix some of the known balance issues etc.. not entirely sure if that's going ahead anymore or not.

As for wasting money .. thats your choice not mine, no one forced you to donate, certainly not me.. its called a donation for a reason.. you donate it to aid the server creator thats putting in endless hours for your entertainment.. if you choose to reclaim money lets hope word gets around and on the next server you donate to the person rejects the money and bans you, cant stand people like you who basically cheat their way to the top by donating and then claim it all back at the end.

As for the forums/website.. I dont have access to the control panel so there's nothing I can do about it.

Couldnt agree more about the donation thing. Maybe its extreme to say he donated his way to top i dont know. But imo he paid for an item/boost on a game, got exactly what he was sold and now has cancelled for something ultimately frivolous and unrelated.

I genuinely wish charge backs hadnt become a publicly known thing. Frivolous and damn right incorrect claims are just gonna eventually make the process impossible for genuinely sufferers of real issues.

Off topic i know but when i saw it i wanted to post but held back but you given me the platform.

On topic. Thank you for the update, even if its not what 99% of people wanted to hear.

As a note, your intentions are not the issue i think. Its actual 'doing'. No one is seeing any actual happening so with all the best intentions and plans in the world no one is going to care (and perhaps rightly so). Please bear this in mind when reading the continuing **** storm and think 'hey, maybe thats what this swearing monkey is trying to express to me' and hopefully that will help you read through it lol :)

Last edited:

Barns

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 17, 2015
Couldnt agree more about the donation thing. Maybe its extreme to say he donated his way to top i dont know. But imo he paid for an item/boost on a game, got exactly what he was sold and now has cancelled for something ultimately frivolous and unrelated.

I genuinely wish charge backs hadnt become a publicly known thing. Frivolous and damn right incorrect claims are just gonna eventually make the process impossible for genuinely sufferers of real issues.

Off topic i know but when i saw it i wanted to post but held back but you given me the platform.

On topic. Thank you for the update, even if its not what 99% of people wanted to hear.

As a note, your intentions are not the issue i think. Its actual 'doing'. No one is seeing any actual happening so with all the best intentions and plans in the world no one is going to care (and perhaps rightly so). Please bear this in mind when reading the continuing **** storm and think 'hey, maybe thats what this swearing monkey is trying to express to me' and hopefully that will help you read through it lol :)

I also agree. I paid for a month's VIP, used it, bought a couple of frivolous things, and used them, why should I then claim the money back when I've had what I paid for? It shouldn't even be possible... I did it to help fund the server I was playing on since I was enjoying it...and still am, maybe pointlessly, but we shall see...

Anyway, thanks for replying Ben. Could you continue to at least provide updates as to the expansion here? You seem to be the only one who is commenting, the only one who knows and, seemingly, the only one who cares and this seems to be only place of contact since the Galaxy forums are still inaccessible..

Last edited:

Xandrah

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2012
I really do not agree with being able to reverse a donation, thats as low as you can be. You are not paying for a service, you are DONATING.

Status
Not open for further replies.