~* Legend of Mir Galaxy *~

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
Im questioning the balance between characters, i dont know much about tao and wiz, but becus of the high cd's for everything except lvl1 spells for each class, would it not be beneficial to be playing as a war predominately, for survivability sakes. Despite wiz still having more mass skills mid/late game.

Take for example magicshield, which has pro-ring capabilities, the shield drops off well before the cd wears off, thus its suggesting that warriors are to become the only class that reliably stands in the middle of lures and mass-kills with swordstorm, whereas wiz have to fire from the sidelines becus trying to same technique with flamefield hurts. Maybe this is intentional to bring wizzies bk in line with other classes.

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Who told you that ac/amc on wizzies/taos aint high enough to stand in middle of lures? All that u said is based on that assuption which is wrong.

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
im more questioning it really, not stating it as a fact, personally i dont play wizz, but i have tried to compare between war lvl55 and wiz lvl55 with the same lvl of gear. I just have a feeling that their is gunna be a lot more wars than wiz and taos in-game wen live

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Who told you that ac/amc on wizzies/taos aint high enough to stand in middle of lures? All that u said is based on that assuption which is wrong.

This, AC/AMC(MAC) is quite high on all the classes. However I think magic shield should just give reduced damage and not the pro ring effect.

I had a warrior flaming sword me with magic shield up and it drained all my mp and over half my HP in 1 hit(both level 55 in 50-55 kit) :/

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
Tbh war trumps wiz up untill midgame, but id expect wen the higher wiz skills come out, it will balance itself out. Def apparent that u cant play the wiz on this serv like u can on other servers, u cant spam Firewall, again it runs out before the cd wears off, so that is no good in pvp or pve either

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Like i said on the actual forums its not the time to test pvp balance especially with given kits which ppl might not require but instead sort the PVE and when we get there we can gradually give pvp feedback. We dont even know what exactly lvl55 pvp means in terms of whether its mid/end game or whatever. Also the way the spells are coded should be quite easy to tweak few dmg multipliers and cooldowns. So lets have some patience on that one.

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
Like i said on the actual forums its not the time to test pvp balance especially with given kits which ppl might not require but instead sort the PVE and when we get there we can gradually give pvp feedback. We dont even know what exactly lvl55 pvp means in terms of whether its mid/end game or whatever. Also the way the spells are coded should be quite easy to tweak few dmg multipliers and cooldowns. So lets have some patience on that one.

Everything i have mentioned is related to PVE :) they are wat i wud call very PVE spells, which in the past has accounted for wizzies lvling too quick compared to other classes :P

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
The point of cooldown on spells is to make you decide what to use and when depending on situation. What would the point of magicshield/rage/profield/taobuffs cooldown be if you could recast it as soon they are down? Might as well make them last for 2days and save us the need of recasting em.

Wizzies dont need magicshield when lvling on this server. They need it on bossing and on pvp and they better time it correctly.

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
Put it like this, all classes have main lvling spell at level1, which is great, lets forget about the rest of the spells for a min. Instead look at hp pools, at lvl55 war is 770 or summit wiz is 500 odd, AC is higher on wars than wiz with level55 kit about 50-70 diff atthis lvl. If this is main trend throughout, war is better pve than wiz, in terms of survivability.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Wizzies can also attack from distance taking 0 dmg which raises their survivability correct?

Also wiz FF if you notice hurts mobs more than war SS(the aoe spell).

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
mobs at distance is situational, main leveling spell sstill flamefield, and even tho ff might do more dmg, not by much may i add, they have to pot alot more in hp to see advantage, now that is all nice however u cannot alt+1 at <15% so if pots cant sustain wizzies = dead.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Ok my last try to explain.

Wizzies during a lure they have more DPS due to FF (arround 10% like u said), can use their Fwall to raise that dps even more and then at higher lvls they can also use Meteor from range or while mobbed (depending how its coded) to raise their dps even more. Warriors on the other hand can just spam the AOE spell. So at a guess if a war need 10secs to kill a lure a wiz might need just 6-7secs thus requiring him to survive for less time.

Does that make up for them being less tanky now?

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
u do know cd for fw and meteorshower are quite long, the wiz main spell is still ff, like wiz warriors have bladeavalanche, so still i see it as better to be warr than wiz wen u whittle it all away

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Have u used FW ingame to see how it actually works? It has 30s cd and 20s uptime which is more than enough to both clear a lure and have it up for next. Also its 3x FWs and not one. Its more than enough to raise wiz dps to make up for loss in tankiness. Finally shield also has a 60% uptime so dont simply ignore it.

pheonix6565

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
Are you expecting wiz to stand stll at this point to keep mob in fw? The Prob is shield is a CD spell, doesnt stay up long wen ur being twatted

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Firstly me and Avantasia would like to thank all those to took part in closed beta and helped us with reporting bugs and testing the server, so thank you for that.
smile.png
Now, closed beta will end this Saturday (19/09/15) at 13:00 GMT this then allows us to have plenty of time on server to do some final preparations.

So now, the news you all been waiting for! Its time to announce our live date!

Legend of Mir Galaxy is going live on the 20/09/2015 at 17:00 GMT

Looking forward to seeing you all there on live date!

/LomGn Server Team.

Last edited:

DarkSacred

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2014
Firstly me and Avantasia would like to thank all those to took part in closed beta and helped us with reporting bugs and testing the server, so thank you for that.
smile.png
Now, closed beta will end this Saturday (19/09/15) at 13:00 GMT this then allows us to have plenty of time on server to do some final preparations.

So now, the news you all been waiting for! Its time to announce our live date!

Legend of Mir Galaxy is going live on the 20/09/2015 at 17:00 GMT

Looking forward to seeing you all there on live date!

/LomGn Server Team.

Really looking forward to this, gutted the weekend will be almost over by 5pm on Sunday :( even more so that I'm not able to play on launch day.
Tears may be had if I fail to get my usual character names!

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Really looking forward to this, gutted the weekend will be almost over by 5pm on Sunday :( even more so that I'm not able to play on launch day.
Tears may be had if I fail to get my usual character names!

Im kind of gutted aswell, it would of been sooner but tonight i will lose time working on server as family birthday party tonight and need a bit more time to work on server so we picked sunday. Was either sunday or next week so decided sunday as i can not wait :p

DarkSacred

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2014
Im kind of gutted aswell, it would of been sooner but tonight i will lose time working on server as family birthday party tonight and need a bit more time to work on server so we picked sunday. Was either sunday or next week so decided sunday as i can not wait :p

Its alright I've just taken Monday off work instead, call me sad but been looking forward to a new slant on Mir for a long time sick of playing the same 15 year old game with the same issues and no server team willing to have the balls (or possibly the ability) to change the way things work.

Now if only my DeLorean worked :@:

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Its alright I've just taken Monday off work instead, call me sad but been looking forward to a new slant on Mir for a long time sick of playing the same 15 year old game with the same issues and no server team willing to have the balls (or possibly the ability) to change the way things work.

Now if only my DeLorean worked :@:

I remember the days I took off work for new games :P those days have gone now!

Worst timing for me, on holiday on saturday till the 26th, I guess it will mean the low level caves will be nice and clear for me when I can start.

Status
Not open for further replies.