Legend Of Mir Revival

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Re: Legend Of Mir Revelation

So is it Revelation or Revival ? do you need the thread title changing ?

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Re: Legend Of Mir Revelation

I did change it to revival dude but It didn't change for some reason must have clicked back on browser or something XD sorry cud you change to revival please thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:03 PM ----------

When is server live ?
Not close to a live yet dude still working on server, I'm putting a lot of time and effort into it as I don't want to just put a rushed server out there that people have played 100s of times. Will be in 3 phases before release:

Alpha beta: Select few to help pin point errors and feedback.
Closed beta: Will allow more people on and let people test all areas and levels
OpenBeta/Release: See how the final phase of testing goes if all is good before hand it will be reset and released.

Cakal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hi, I would like to throw few questions,

Q - Are you planning to do any events that gonna change the Balance of the game and game economy ?
Q - Thats leads question of Clear Ring, Teleport Ring, Para Ring and Prot Ring gonna be in game ?
Q - how Crafting gonna implament into server is gonna play major or minor part?

reason I ask these questions, last past few years I have been playing Mir 2 servers on and off, some of them put me off and some of them lack of content and some of them Kill the originality. Most of the Servers that I played before throws stupid events and give stupid amount of items(ring that I mentioned above and orbs so on) and spoils the game and Kills the server as result. I hope u will consider my warning.

Lately I have been playing Survival/Crafting/Management games and I Always thought that Mir has potential for craft type game. do u have any plan for craft route?

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
ooooooo i didnt see this been looking for a mir server hopefuly no exploits and everything runs smoothly :P and contentntntntntnttntnttt cant stress how many servers open with same content. be different have trinket/ pads bosses haveing chance to rs dropping quest items to unlock certain areas dont keep basic what am saying mate goodluck all the best

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Hi, I would like to throw few questions,

Q - Are you planning to do any events that gonna change the Balance of the game and game economy ?
No events are happening that make game unbalanced
Q - Thats leads question of Clear Ring, Teleport Ring, Para Ring and Prot Ring gonna be in game
Not being put in game they ruin servers (every class can solo everything with these)
Q - how Crafting gonna implament into server is gonna play major or minor part?
Well then trust me your going to enjoy this =)

reason I ask these questions, last past few years I have been playing Mir 2 servers on and off, some of them put me off and some of them lack of content and some of them Kill the originality. Most of the Servers that I played before throws stupid events and give stupid amount of items(ring that I mentioned above and orbs so on) and spoils the game and Kills the server as result. I hope u will consider my warning.

Lately I have been playing Survival/Crafting/Management games and I Always thought that Mir has potential for craft type game. do u have any plan for craft route?

Hope this answers your questions, played mir long enough to realise what kills servers,

---------- Post Merged at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:05 PM ----------

ETA on Server? :P

Don't have one as of yet but I'm doing my best to keep you all updated going to try my hardest to get as much done asap for you guys

3gena

Mir2 Server Creator
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Cairo
ooooooo i didnt see this been looking for a mir server hopefuly no exploits and everything runs smoothly :P and contentntntntntnttntnttt cant stress how many servers open with same content. be different have trinket/ pads bosses haveing chance to rs dropping quest items to unlock certain areas dont keep basic what am saying mate goodluck all the best
hahaha i do feel you man :D been looking for a nice mir2 serv since paragon went off hahaha as im rly bored from arcadia no one pvps there :).

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Q - Thats leads question of Clear Ring, Teleport Ring, Para Ring and Prot Ring gonna be in game
Not being put in game they ruin servers (every class can solo everything with these)

Untrue you can make edits to make these work well on any server.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Untrue you can make edits to make these work well on any server.

I always hated these, the only way i would ever consider them viable is if they had limited time use, last 24h or whatever.
And i don't mean like some servers have done, where they cost GG/Ints every 12/24h, so you are pretty much forced to pay for them with r/l cash or spend all your time not using them, farming so you can use them..

- Pro ring, you can not balance the game around wizz not having it then the odd 1 appear, they pretty much just become immortal.
- Para is too powerful, its obvious why. PvP becomes 'instant TT on para' and Bosses become a joke.
- Clear - Been a while since i used one but always made boss runs trivial.
- Tele... Don't think i need to explain that one.

I'm sure if you put in a ridiculous amount of time testing, re-coding bits etc you could possible make them acceptable, but I'm not seeing the point.
Personal preference ofcource, but i've seen them pretty much ruin every server they appear on.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
I always hated these, the only way i would ever consider them viable is if they had limited time use, last 24h or whatever.
And i don't mean like some servers have done, where they cost GG/Ints every 12/24h, so you are pretty much forced to pay for them with r/l cash or spend all your time not using them, farming so you can use them..

- Pro ring, you can not balance the game around wizz not having it then the odd 1 appear, they pretty much just become immortal.
- Para is too powerful, its obvious why. PvP becomes 'instant TT on para' and Bosses become a joke.

I'm sure if you put in a ridiculous amount of time testing, re-coding bits etc you could possible make them acceptable, but I'm not seeing the point.
Personal preference ofcource, but i've seen them pretty much ruin every server they appear on.

All can be addressed in the code.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

couldn't agree more, to me no single item should be that impactful to a game.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
All can be addressed in the code.

If edens elites was your server, clearly the clear ring was broke af as that 1 guy could run to every boss and solo em with ease,

tele rings just got us to new boss KR farmed the **** out of it for 60 kit when no1 was 50+ at the time (except stormhero) till u nerfed it after.

para ring will always be broke and pro ring, tele and clear ring can be something that could be restricted a lot in game

wouldnt mind seeing those 2 but if a para or pro I see I’d logoff unless rvery1 gets 1 lol

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Clear rings and tele ring are great for servers where you can solo all bosses , other than that they don’t help massive amounts in the grand scheme of things.

FirEStorm

Mir Atlaints
Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
CaiRo-EGYPT
i like to use pro and para and rev they give some balance to every char i love them i think some pple saw my server with these rings and i dont see any problem in it

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
Looks good, defo keeping an eye on this.

Only advice I can give is make sure the content is there and listen to feedback when given, which a lot of server owners lack.

Rooting for you bud

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Don't worry guys I know people worry about things content wise I'm working to put a lot of new things as I can into the server even some old things that people just haven't included which I think could spice things up =). Slowly getting on with everything and working most days on it haven't done as much work this week due to a busy week of work but back on it now.
Looking get everyone doing something in the game

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
Don't worry guys I know people worry about things content wise I'm working to put a lot of new things as I can into the server even some old things that people just haven't included which I think could spice things up =). Slowly getting on with everything and working most days on it haven't done as much work this week due to a busy week of work but back on it now.
Looking get everyone doing something in the game

Glad to hear this. I know a lot of people will appreciate if you could update us on what your doing as well on a daily or weekly basis to give us something to look forward to

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Right guys sorry iv been so quiet past few days and little updates been working away for a while but finally back home.
Looking to do some more work on server this weekend, been working on adding new interface for the server, see how it goes if it doesn't fit right il just keep the normal one. Hopefully have some updates this weekend for you guys either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.