Longevity of Mir 2

Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
IDC if my server gets a UC of 5, atleast i can hold my head up and say I did it for the community, not for some money in my bank account.

we do this as a HOBBY. not as a JOB

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I m so sorry if you felt offended by my remarks. Issue is that Mir Servers success are driven by lomcn specially the advert and usercount ranking.

Without lomcn you get no traction. Based on lomcn you get traction %.

Most of users come and visit from time to time lomcn (not daily nor weekly) and check the usercounts.

One thing is to have stalls/fish and other crap afk system and other is when you have a system that mimics a player activity which baits users further more.

I m fine with that to a certain point - issue is that during history of mir servers, if someone had rested buff, other servers added - if someone had stalls - some servers added - most of servers have also fishing.

But to throw in auto play and which other servers will adopt because they can't compete with a server that has it, will ruin the Mir for lots of players. And the community is already small.

Sparkle that with some crypto and lots of scammings will happen. I m not saying you specifically but others will do crypto only to pull the rug when they please.
Once again I'll ask... why crypto = "lots of scamming"??
because you cant chargeback?
If you read all the comments on here, chargebacks are the biggest issue... infact the one that scams is less the server owner but more then server player, donating to then rug pull that amount back at a later date when they've decided they've had enough. That is a sacm.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
I'm sorry am i supposed to know who you are?
seems to be like you have a little bit of a grudge against me

so basically you got nothing against OS, crypto, or anything like that.. you just dont like me, good one
no no, I hate everything to do with OS, the fact that you recycled the code from apoc, the fact that ur milking the community with a **** crypto coin, AND the fact that ur gonna pump ur UC to stupid heights with auto play.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
If you read all the comments on here, chargebacks are the biggest issue... infact the one that scams is less the server owner but more then server player, donating to then rug pull that amount back at a later date when they've decided they've had enough. That is a sacm.
people only get on the chargeback wagon when they feel the server owner has abandonded the project, and they feel ripped off.

dont give them a reason to feel ripped off and they wont ******* chargeback! taaddaaaa

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Okay so from the posts I've read so far.. we need to ban all Egyptian servers, Apocalypse and all associated team members, OS (Bon), Sapphire (Jamie), Scorpian and Artificial - did I miss any?

Genuine question - how many are left?
Sorry for the notification :p

Honestly if Crypto as the only payment - not in the Bon case but per general, others will start to do it and I dont mean all but some will see this as really quick cash opportunity - and pull the plug when they please.

It will set a precedent which others(some, not all) will really abuse it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
no no, I hate everything to do with OS, the fact that you recycled the code from apoc, the fact that ur milking the community with a **** crypto coin, AND the fact that ur gonna pump ur UC to stupid heights with auto play.
recycled code? I'm using my own code that I spent years and years working on. Its not stolen or recycled code.
Hang on, are you not using crystal code? Oh... so your server is recycled code as well by that logic? hmmm...

I aint milking anyone, its their free will if they buy gamegold or use the crypto marketplace. its not a **** coin, its actually a very popular coin with 77 billion USD invested into it, its used by Disney and various other large coorperations. I'd suggest you educate youself cause you keep making youselve look stupid

IDC if my server gets a UC of 5, atleast i can hold my head up and say I did it for the community, not for some money in my bank account.

So you do it as a hobby, meaning you have less time, less dedication, less conviction.
But someone that does it professionally, like a job, with far better time allowance, dedication and conviction.. and that person is the bad guy? you mad?

Oh and for the record i agree usercounts should be hidden ;)

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
considering u already opened ur crypto scheme DURING BETA... and the minimum payment to "test the system" with is £0.69, its pretty clear you're out to scam people. if u werent in the mind set of scamming them then u wouldnt feel the need to protect against charge backs to begin with

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
people only get on the chargeback wagon when they feel the server owner has abandonded the project, and they feel ripped off.

dont give them a reason to feel ripped off and they wont ******* chargeback! taaddaaaa
ye maybe... from my own personal experience i probably had about 2-5% of chargebacks on all my servers - by your logic I must make great servers right?
but even then, not a single 1 of those chargebacks was valid.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
considering u already opened ur crypto scheme DURING BETA... and the minimum payment to "test the system" with is £0.69, its pretty clear you're out to scam people. if u werent in the mind set of scamming them then u wouldnt feel the need to protect against charge backs to begin with
oh ye... ive scammed about £15... see you later community I'm off to bahamas byeeeeeeeeeeeee

your a moron. I'm done wasting my time with you.

Reactions: 3gena

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
Oo I like some of the topics

Do me a favour if yous can I can see some saying LOMCN needs better x or y if it's a feedback point for us would be great to have the problem and what you think the new rule / potential solution is
I did exactly that?

xXxLegendxXx

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 26, 2019
ye cause your not racist at all are you lol. think ive read enough of your rubbish.

LETS BAN EVERY SERVER BUT VALHALLAS CAUSE HES OBVIOUSLY THE BEST. lols.
Vallaha isnt corrupt though he didnt sell levels and kit like you did on your previous server, so he shouldn't be banned from advertising?

He can be annoying to me on purpose but so what im not surprised im being a d1ck on purpose lol :)

It's only you who do this as a hobby , maybe win and 1 or 2 others too but damn these egyptians they need to be banned from the community and im only talking about 3gena remdi and Vardaa/Inferno fricking community milkers
ye cause your not racist at all are you lol. think ive read enough of your rubbish.

LETS BAN EVERY SERVER BUT VALHALLAS CAUSE HES OBVIOUSLY THE BEST. lols.
I don't hate egyptians and have nothing against them but i really dislike 3gena and Inferno/Vardaa anyone who says that they're not milking the community is fking blind

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
recycled code? I'm using my own code that I spent years and years working on. Its not stolen or recycled code.
Hang on, are you not using crystal code? Oh... so your server is recycled code as well by that logic? hmmm...

I aint milking anyone, its their free will if they buy gamegold or use the crypto marketplace. its not a **** coin, its actually a very popular coin with 77 billion USD invested into it, its used by Disney and various other large coorperations. I'd suggest you educate youself cause you keep making youselve look stupid

So you do it as a hobby, meaning you have less time, less dedication, less conviction.
But someone that does it professionally, like a job, with far better time allowance, dedication and conviction.. and that person is the bad guy? you mad?

Oh and for the record i agree usercounts should be hidden ;)

Working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week isnt dedication enough for you when making a server? because thats what I put in currently, and I dont expect a single person to donate. server costs are cheap as **** and server overheads are no more than £50 a month on my end. I could happily host nexus with absolutely no external currency however, for the price of a coffee someone can get a months worth of VIP as a thank you for supporting me.

I dont require £20 for a 20% exp potion or £50 for an item lootbox (cough cough five heroes)

SynteX

I own myself
Supporter
Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
World Of Mir
p2w aspects of the game, allowing people to get away with botting, allowing gold sellers, allowing levelers to level peoples accounts and so forth for me id say.

i understand server owners need to cover costs, but these days its just mental what goes in game shop its pure greed lol
As a p2w player , I totally agree with you 100%.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Slap a big fat avoid tag on every known p2w money laundering servers, alliance epic mir etc

And don't allow them to advertise! They don't deserve to they are just milking the community!! 3gena releases a server every 5 months why doesnt anyone say anything about that???

haha i know right lomcn think they're the boss but they're not rofl they don't control **** except their 20 year old website that has 40 users daily... HHHHHH

They enjoy banning ppl though has no effect in the real world QQ

Is this personality no.1 arguing with personality no.6? Get help you crackhead

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Artificial Mir - The user count designs on this from launch were insane, it had no connection limit and the primarily source of gold income was through fishing and mining. As a result of this player were pushed into having around 10 separate connections running to fish in a non-PK safe zone that had storm gems, armour casts (BDAs) and pretty much made you rich doing so. Not to mention all the AFK miners, Blackstone pet farming and excessive expiry items such as the premium dungeons and EXP scrolls that were pretty much required to level to keep up.

As a result of these systems it forced a user count of something stupid like 500. Logging into your Guild Territory, showed there was easily 50 fishers in each one as you couldn't get PK'd in there and people could just make millions daily by not playing. All this was intentionally designed.. this is the important part to remember here.. INTENTIONAL decisions.
Indeed, players will exploit any angle for gains (I'm guilty for sure haha) but there was no intention from our part to inflate the usercount, actually it was a pain because we had to upgrade our infrastructure to cope with the extra load.

We peaked out at about 700ish users, I was able to take count of how many users had pickaxes or fishing rods in-hand and there was about 250-300ish. When we implimernted the 2 connection limit and mass bannings, our user count pretty much halved lol.

User count is not really a reliable metric to gauge a servers worth because you cant assume its a true reflection.

Also, we only added pets a few months ago - but I dont think we have a problem with blackstone farming... yet :X

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I did exactly that?
Thanks for feedback wasn't directed only at you was just in general

In your one your feedback is to remove the usercount listing which I can see a poll has popped up to gauge interest in removing it

What about your other points though? You have raised a few things other than just usercount around apoc / donations what's the solutions there?

Reactions: Tai

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Far out idea, what if we banned cash shops altogether. Only the most dedicated creators who are already self sustaining would be allowed to have their servers listed. No more cash grabbing with ridiculous game shop prices.

The rinse/repeat cash cowing from the select few on here have not done mir any favors.

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
Thanks for feedback wasn't directed only at you was just in general

In your one your feedback is to remove the usercount listing which I can see a poll has popped up to gauge interest in removing it

What about your other points though? You have raised a few things other than just usercount around apoc / donations what's the solutions there?
How do you stop greed? That's one for lomcn to assess the game store and decide and potentially judge.

That's also why I only made the single suggestion so that people are not baited into high UC greed servers. The greed is a more complicated matter.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
How do you stop greed? That's one for lomcn to assess the game store and decide and potentially judge.

That's also why I only made the single suggestion so that people are not baited into high UC greed servers. The greed is a more complicated matter.
its the p2w servers that are artificially inflating their usercounts too, so its clear that more usercount = more money in the GM's pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.