Longevity of Mir 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Nice to see you posting idiotic stuff that you have no clue about. 👏

"Why don't you cover all costs yourself like you would any other hobby." - Genius..

Why can't we all be as smart as the Bon Bon.

"I know nothing about your server" - Bon.

View attachment 29995
It's a case of 'You nothing Jon Snow'.

• Haha
Reactions: Lose

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
"Fact is, you and other server owners are attacking me because you don't want to lose that income. Kinda sad considering I've not attacked any of you."

@Bon - My issue was and is with Apocalypse, which if you read my first post it mentions Apocalypse and it's developers.

I may not agree with crypto and all the systems that Apocalypse had, which were clear gambling methods.. but that's Apocalypse.

UNLESS you are actually behind Apocalypse pulling the strings, then it is very strange why you have taken my comments against their team and server so personal. I was a paying customer of that server, so "I know nothing about your server" doesn't apply here as I dumped money and endless hours into that server to give a pretty good and honest opinion.

I have no idea what your server will be like, hence why I've only been commenting against developers of Apoc moving to OS and leaving behind the mess unaddressed.

What is it that you feel I've been attacking you for?? I'm curious to know where you feel my comments attacked you.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Greed.
Almost every server is brought out to "make a quick buck". The server owners are only interested when this money is still flowing in. Once it dries up, they leave it to die a slow (sometimes very quick) death.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Greed.
Almost every server is brought out to "make a quick buck". The server owners are only interested when this money is still flowing in. Once it dries up, they leave it to die a slow (sometimes very quick) death.

I wish mine was, Sanj pointed out a shadow issue on my character models so now I need to redo the lot

:cry::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Pusha

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Greed.
Almost every server is brought out to "make a quick buck". The server owners are only interested when this money is still flowing in. Once it dries up, they leave it to die a slow (sometimes very quick)
I’m glad you said almost… I’ve worked on Banshee for over a year and have certainly not made a quick buck. Would have been better off working in McDonald’s for the same hours!

There certainly is a lot of different opinions which is expected but I would hope some good could come out of this thread and LOMCN can help with this.

My personal hope is that LOMCN can help take a stance against a few things to help promote a better-natured community. A couple of things for me:

1. A system to prevent and discourage inflated user counts. Arcadia and Alliance are perfect examples here. Not sure why anyone would be against this idea.

2. Do not allow servers that use predatory gambling systems within game shops and/or that use game gold to advertise on this platform. Apocalypse and OldSkool both had these (there may be others?) whether it be GameGold re-rolling or random loot boxes. There just isn’t any need for this.

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I’m glad you said almost… I’ve worked on Banshee for over a year and have certainly not made a quick buck. Would have been better off working in McDonald’s for the same hours!

There certainly is a lot of different opinions which is expected but I would hope some good could come out of this thread and LOMCN can help with this.

My personal hope is that LOMCN can help take a stance against a few things to help promote a better natured community. A couple of things for me:

1. A system to prevent and discourage Gale usercounts. Arcadia and Alliance are perfect examples here. Not sure why anyone would be against this idea.

2. Do not allow servers that use predatory gambling systems within game shops and / or that use game gold to advertise on this platform. Apocalypse and OldSkool both had these (there may be others?) whether it be GameGold re-rolling or random loot boxes. There just isn’t any need for this. Potentially
@Tai @Martyn a roll giveaway option for server owners that can do on lomcn some raffles for their servers is not bad idea :P

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

My personal hope is that LOMCN can help take a stance against a few things to help promote a better natured community. A couple of things for me:

1. A system to prevent and discourage Gale usercounts. Arcadia and Alliance are perfect examples here. Not sure why anyone would be against this idea.

2. Do not allow servers that use predatory gambling systems within game shops and / or that use game gold to advertise on this platform. Apocalypse and OldSkool both had these (there may be others?) whether it be GameGold re-rolling or random loot boxes. There just isn’t any need for this. Potentially

Inflated U/C has been on radar for ages, but its interesting only since a few servers have complained has it been bought to attention despite comments on Arcadias stalls on the trackers implementation - interesting why its now such a big problem - if your server is struggling to get players don't blame the usercount, blame the content imho. - Never gone to a server based on u/c.

In its basic format , any server that offers a form of tangible benefit ingame is P2W, people hiding behind VIP Packages pretending they're not need to stop kidding themselves. If a transaction is made, for a ingame benefit be it via a gameshop or "VIP" (A single item gameshop imho) for an EXP Buff, or Stat buff, even if its obtainable for free ingame via other currencies, it is still P2W.

So now we've now establish 90% of servers are P2W whether they admit it or not with their Gameshops being called "VIP" packages or some other renamed marketing plot.

Are you saying that any gameshop with a gambling style rewards like loot boxes be banned, but allow gameshops that sell buffs, etc? Seems like a very fine line to be telling server owners what they can and cannot sell in their gameshops.

Reactions: Belle

xXxLegendxXx

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 26, 2019
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

• Haha
Reactions: Omnibus

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020

My personal hope is that LOMCN can help take a stance against a few things to help promote a better-natured community. A couple of things for me:

1. A system to prevent and discourage inflated user counts. Arcadia and Alliance are perfect examples here. Not sure why anyone would be against this idea.

2. Do not allow servers that use predatory gambling systems within game shops and/or that use game gold to advertise on this platform. Apocalypse and OldSkool both had these (there may be others?) whether it be GameGold re-rolling or random loot boxes. There just isn’t any need for this.
I think it'll be a forever argument of the two sides, technicalities will always be used to try and sway opinion. Like me saying because I donated 1p for a year, it's TECHNICALLY paid to win, because I PAID a penny..

One side of this argument is trying to push people towards fair and reasonable servers... the other side is basically saying who gives a ****, you know what you paid for and the developers should be allowed to do whatever they want without rules.. because LOMCN aren't here to enforce them.

Based on the amount of replies already on this thread, it's clear there will not be a resolution by LOMCN as they do not wish to commit any time/rules/enforcement against this that requires some form of management. It's much easier to just let people get on with it and continue paying towards the P2W LOMCN, since we all pay for it to gain an advantage in terms of advertising and promotion of our servers.

3gena

Mir2 Server Creator
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Cairo
I actually been trying to avoid replying to this thread but too much talks and digs on me so this is my only reply on this I will not read anymore of this post I will just remain doing what I do which is working on my server and trying to keep it alive as much as I can while it has users until it reaches user count 0.

@Win
actually I am starting to see how dark you're from the inside XD You're the first GM I see while running an active server who keeps talking about the servers that are as well going on with his server or upcoming ones you started talking **** on my server before I even had it online and saying the usual **** of "Cashcow blabla" while you were pming me privately on discord asking for help fixing the guild alliance mode feature and once Ben had published that he will have a server coming online you also started talking **** their team I can't see you but an envious person who is worrying that his server who he thought will remain online for 3 years is just about to be completly dead not just that but your more of a double face as simply you talking about fake users? your server's users usually indicates 140-150 while players online on your server confirms that they barely find quarter of that online that I have seen video yesterday on your server during OKS fight that literally only had like 10 players against each other around how come you have 150 players online while the most important boss fight only has 10? As well as your safe zone barely have any players standing their that indicates a 150 user server which raises a lot of questions if you ask me while you have no afk required users such as fishing mining or stalls so simply your server should be nassievely croweded while the players who actually play the server can't see that.

@SPL1FF
for you I really can't find anything but jokes you started a server that literally had 18 crashes on its first day and you're putting blame on other GMs who actually know how to run a server code and fix bugs that your server can't go bigger? I understand you're still learning and I have been there myself but I never blamed anyone for this but myself that I am learning and apologizing for the inconvenience I caused to my players not throw **** on other GMs which is also funny coming from a GM who doesn't know how to run server files that you had a minor issue ended up you rewinding your server half day! So before we all start talking about each other **** lets just focus on what is ours and ourselves because nobody forces players to play others servers if your server is better it will take all the players and it will do the noise itself take Ben as a reference and watch how his servers always booms regardless of the cons he has.

@Bon
Just a friendly advice from someone who just usually played to your servers and enjoyed but it seems the mir scene is getting more of envious people tbf so better set up good protecton for your dedi server instead of getting attacks just as the ones that I had in the very beginning as you can see people starting to be more of haters than players.

tha4thface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
From what I’ve saw/read the community itself is killing Mir with excuses like ‘I’m not a teen anymore I work etc’ that’s no excuse to allow a p2w system to shine. Every server starts with people selling item/gold because the community WILL pay to skip ahead. No one wants a server like an official anymore that’s the problem I believe. With an official type clone where cash items and exp are slow it deters any gold sellers as there gonna struggle to mine afk all day etc also makes the players actually play the game themselves as paying to be levelled would be too expensive.
When the majority of this community want a server that they can spend some cash and get to end game asap, new servers are needed every couple of months so they can start again, repeat, move on.
When there’s only really about 100 active players left server owners have no choice but to suit there needs like banning sellers but not buyers for example. No one will run a server for long with 20 players on it.
Until the community decides to change its behaviour sadly I would say Mir is dead.
Creativity means nothing too new maps or mobs are not exciting. Mir is Mir! New maps etc can’t keep it alive only the community can

Without a doubt certain server owners are only here for the cash, won’t mention names but the community know who they are.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Inflated U/C has been on radar for ages, but its interesting only since a few servers have complained has it been bought to attention despite comments on Arcadias stalls on the trackers implementation - interesting why its now such a big problem - if your server is struggling to get players don't blame the usercount, blame the content imho. - Never gone to a server based on u/c.

Just because it's been on the radar for a while doesn't mean it shouldn't still be something we look at? Why would we not want true reflections on how many actual active users are online? This doesn't benefit me, as my server will still be low down on the rankings as it has had its peak.

In its basic format , any server that offers a form of tangible benefit ingame is P2W, people hiding behind VIP Packages pretending they're not need to stop kidding themselves. If a transaction is made, for a ingame benefit be it via a gameshop or "VIP" (A single item gameshop imho) for an EXP Buff, or Stat buff, even if its obtainable for free ingame via other currencies, it is still P2W.

Somewhat agree with this.

So now we've now establish 90% of servers are P2W whether they admit it or not with their Gameshops being called "VIP" packages or some other renamed marketing plot.

I have no issue with P2W, my issue is with false user counts and predatory game shops that breed resentment amongst players and essentially impacts the way the next server is treated.

Are you saying that any gameshop with a gambling style rewards like loot boxes be banned, but allow gameshops that sell buffs, etc? Seems like a very fine line to be telling server owners what they can and cannot sell in their gameshops.

Yes, it is what i'm saying. The is a large line between having a game shop offering small in-game benefits, to turning your game shop into a slot machine. There just isn't any need, IMO.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
I actually been trying to avoid replying to this thread but too much talks and digs on me so this is my only reply on this I will not read anymore of this post I will just remain doing what I do which is working on my server and trying to keep it alive as much as I can while it has users until it reaches user count 0.

@Win
actually I am starting to see how dark you're from the inside XD You're the first GM I see while running an active server who keeps talking about the servers that are as well going on with his server or upcoming ones you started talking **** on my server before I even had it online and saying the usual **** of "Cashcow blabla" while you were pming me privately on discord asking for help fixing the guild alliance mode feature and once Ben had published that he will have a server coming online you also started talking **** their team I can't see you but an envious person who is worrying that his server who he thought will remain online for 3 years is just about to be completly dead not just that but your more of a double face as simply you talking about fake users? your server's users usually indicates 140-150 while players online on your server confirms that they barely find quarter of that online that I have seen video yesterday on your server during OKS fight that literally only had like 10 players against each other around how come you have 150 players online while the most important boss fight only has 10? As well as your safe zone barely have any players standing their that indicates a 150 user server which raises a lot of questions if you ask me while you have no afk required users such as fishing mining or stalls so simply your server should be nassievely croweded while the players who actually play the server can't see that.

@SPL1FF
for you I really can't find anything but jokes you started a server that literally had 18 crashes on its first day and you're putting blame on other GMs who actually know how to run a server code and fix bugs that your server can't go bigger? I understand you're still learning and I have been there myself but I never blamed anyone for this but myself that I am learning and apologizing for the inconvenience I caused to my players not throw **** on other GMs which is also funny coming from a GM who doesn't know how to run server files that you had a minor issue ended up you rewinding your server half day! So before we all start talking about each other **** lets just focus on what is ours and ourselves because nobody forces players to play others servers if your server is better it will take all the players and it will do the noise itself take Ben as a reference and watch how his servers always booms regardless of the cons he has.

@Bon
Just a friendly advice from someone who just usually played to your servers and enjoyed but it seems the mir scene is getting more of envious people tbf so better set up good protecton for your dedi server instead of getting attacks just as the ones that I had in the very beginning as you can see people starting to be more of haters than players.
@3gena

18 crashes on launch day is incorrect - happy to provide the server logs, yes had a few crashes like EVERY server including yours. - Edit, checked and it was 2.

I'm not blaming anyone for my failings, unsure where you are getting that from.

Think i've done a fine job running Banshee, its lastest longer than all of yours?

You know full well that the main pull of any server is the initial pull of launch... otherwise you'd still be on your first, no?

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Based on the amount of replies already on this thread, it's clear there will not be a resolution by LOMCN as they do not wish to commit any time/rules/enforcement against this that requires some form of management. It's much easier to just let people get on with it and continue paying towards the P2W LOMCN

Feel like these comments are blaming the bus driver for the quality of passengers.

People raised issue with usercount tai opened a vote right away to remove or keep. Were not against change just some of the changes requested aren't practical.

I have said in many replays "what do you think the potential solution / rule would be to fix this"? And it's been nice to see some ideas but others just say "that's up for yourself to figure out".

You want P2W servers to be fixed by lomcn but what do you mean by that? You want them banned? How do we know it's P2W based on the server ad? What would the rule be so we can apply it fairly? "You can't have items more than a £1.00 or take more than 5 donations per person".? I personally don't think it's fair to ban a server without a rule in place as that person could of spent months of effort for me to rip it away for no reason other than "some don't like features of your server". At least if we do ban it can say look listen rule page is there and clearly states you can't do X remove it and you can advertise again.

(Personal opinion as player) - I don't think it's up to lomcn to police server owner features. I think server owners should be able to put in any feature they want as it's their server. A load of people are critical of Bons crypto idea. That's cool some for some against it that's cool but not lomcns place to ban it for using crypto. If it's offering a mir private server that users can play and enjoy without mistreating their personal information then it's in the right place. Even the gambling aspects other has complained about I personally don't like gambling aspects but why ban it on private servers when massive games like overwatch has done it legally for years with loot boxes? Even euro mir had that gambling casino all be it with gold and tickets and not ££

The forum is a place to come to and have a list of servers to play. The quality and features are down to the owner not the forum.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
@3gena

18 crashes on launch day is incorrect - happy to provide the server logs, yes had a few crashes like EVERY server including yours. - Just checked, it was 2.

I'm not blaming anyone for my failings, unsure where you are getting that from.

Think i've done a fine job running Banshee, its lastest longer than all of yours?

You know full well that the main pull of any server is the initial pull of launch... otherwise you'd still be on your first, no?

Merc_Draven

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
Mir when it launched was an amazing game and first time for most of us to join an MMORPG. All these attempts to revive that classic feeling is futile, some servers have quenched the thirst but in reality, we are all beating a dead horse to pulp here.
Please admit the game is dead.
I'm saddened it went into the disgusting road of p2w, botters and gold sellers. Shame on that

For it to have a second life, it would need a strong development team, and I stress the word team. Working hard to bring it into the year 2023.
All these skilful people on these forums, if they banged heads together, could create Mir 2.5

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
@3gena people sat in safezone doesn't justify user count, which I understand yours does. User counts go up and down, just like how they did before and after the Christmas event. Not everyone wants to PvP, many want to just relax and hunt when they are online. We develop very different servers, that also means our user base is very different too.

Also in regards to 'attacks', as the way you spun it about the 'haters' attacking you.

I find it really strange how we spoke in private about you hiring DDoS specialists on two occasions who created you a BOT, then the FOLLOWING day... an Egyptian DDoSer contacts me demanding money for protection, every month as he's got a BOT that can take down any server.

1672759805349.png

I asked him is he asking speaking to you, he said he doesn't work with other Egyptians... so as your are reminding Bon of being careful in this community, the only attackers so far that LOMCN have evidence for is from an Egyptian paid hacker, who has never heard of Mir2 in his life.

I have no idea to this day, how this guy found his way into this community.. but blaming it on haters isn't the correct wording here. It was driven by greed and money in the end, which we have all helped to contribute towards stopping.

You mention that I was asking for you help, it was called a discussion and I fixed it myself and sent you it for improvement. If you really want to try and paint me as being the bad person, let's just look at this:

1672760908809.png

Message you sent to your whole server - 10/17/2022:
1672759442134.png
Then you message me..
1672759496015.png

You also seemed very certain on one thing:
1672759642148.png

So you can paint me out in whatever picture you like... But I want it to be clear we will never and have never been associated with attacking anyone. Whilst I was paying LCD to try and fix this for us, you was pestering me for it which I did share to crystal that Far further improved.

Attackers are not always 'haters', they can be driven by greed and are profiteers after one thing only... MONEY.

I may not agree with your tactics for generating revenue, but it's your server and you can do whatever you wish..

Good luck! (y)

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
@SPL1FF
for you I really can't find anything but jokes you started a server that literally had 18 crashes on its first day and you're putting blame on other GMs who actually know how to run a server code and fix bugs that your server can't go bigger?
you mean you PAY someone to fix your bugs because you cant code for **** either!

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Mir when it launched was an amazing game and first time for most of us to join an MMORPG. All these attempts to revive that classic feeling is futile, some servers have quenched the thirst but in reality, we are all beating a dead horse to pulp here.
Please admit the game is dead.
I'm saddened it went into the disgusting road of p2w, botters and gold sellers. Shame on that

For it to have a second life, it would need a strong development team, and I stress the word team. Working hard to bring it into the year 2023.
All these skilful people on these forums, if they banged heads together, could create Mir 2.5

See I would happily be part of a community driven server team; but the biggest thing it boils down to is trusting the other team members.

Me and Storm have worked together since 2016 and bringing more into the fray takes a big risk on our side (having access to our years of work)

Status
Not open for further replies.