Looking 4 help

smoochy boys on tour

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
Hi, i just finaly got my webspace and domain name but i have no idea how to make a website, would someone be able to give me a hand ??

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
use google if your wanting to know how to add a template and edit it.

after all its the worlds biggest dictionary :P

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
If you waited a little longer I would have completed my hosting site by then and we offer a domain,customised website,and online marketing all in one for a cheap offer. We even set everything up for you aswell and support you on creating the site with full help. But that's yet to come.

h

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If you waited a little longer I would have completed my hosting site by then and we offer a domain,customised website,and online marketing all in one for a cheap offer. We even set everything up for you aswell and support you on creating the site with full help. But that's yet to come.

h

Really helpful, thanks Del boy.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Why on Earth would you buy web space & a domain name if you don't know how to create websites?

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Why on Earth would you buy web space & a domain name if you don't know how to create websites?

beats me but guess some people like to live on the wild side lol

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Like that's any helpful. gay boy.

Gay boy? Oh dear...

It's helpful in the sense that if it turns out to be something that I or anybody else is interested in, then I, or anybody else, may then wish to help.

Now GTFO k?

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Hi, i just finaly got my webspace and domain name but i have no idea how to make a website, would someone be able to give me a hand ??

Drop Hustler a pm I'm sure he could help you out.

use google if your wanting to know how to add a template and edit it.

after all its the worlds biggest dictionary :P

No its not, infact its not even a dictionary. Its a search engine.

Why not? Just because you dont know how to create/build websites means you shouldnt bother or have one ? I think not, what sort of answer is that anyway. Do you know how many companys are out there that build websites for people who dont know how to.. tit
I myself have no idea how to create/build websites and to be honest I have no intention on learning how to either (Atm anyway). Yet I still have a vn1 website and I didnt do nothing to it, got it built for me as I dont know how. So your saying people who dont know how to build sites shouldnt have one? Just get someone to do it for you, simples.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Why not? Just because you dont know how to create/build websites means you shouldnt bother or have one ? I think not, what sort of answer is that anyway. Do you know how many companys are out there that build websites for people who dont know how to.. tit
I myself have no idea how to create/build websites and to be honest I have no intention on learning how to either (Atm anyway). Yet I still have a vn1 website and I didnt do nothing to it, got it built for me as I dont know how. So your saying people who dont know how to build sites shouldnt have one? Just get someone to do it for you, simples.

give me a hand ??

He said give him a hand, which (to me anyway) means he wants some help in creating his site, if he was looking for someone to do it for him he would have said "would someone be able to create me one?". My "answer" was completely legit and necessary - what the general idea in the post was is that he should have learnt how to create websites a bit, then bought the space to upload/test/improve his skills.

Also, Skunk - none of the replies were aimed at you so stop being argumentative for the sake of it, try using your brain for once. Continue to do so and receive a ban.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
None of the replies were aimed at me and I wouldnt of expected them to be either considering this is my first post on this thread. I'm not being argumentative about nothing either. But the way you said "Why on Earth would you buy web space & a domain name if you don't know how to create websites?" sounds to me like dont bother building one if you dont know how to which I find silly. Try using my brain for once lol, love that :)

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
My point was that the OP shouldn't have bought the space nor the domain without first learning how to create a site and actually having a go first. Then made the first draft, uploaded it and improved it from there.

hustler

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Gay boy? Oh dear...

It's helpful in the sense that if it turns out to be something that I or anybody else is interested in, then I, or anybody else, may then wish to help.

Now GTFO k?

And mine was helpful too. He could drop me a pm and I could help me out, i've helped a few other people make sites on lomcn. But I don't really want to play the "my post was helpful, your was not" game. So jog on.

h

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Skunk's post is just as fair as yours Jealy...but I think neither were necessary. Just drop it.

Viper

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2007
Newcastle

h

Really helpful, thanks Del boy.

LOL

on topic, who did u get webspace/domain with?

Last edited:

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Play Get a copy of Xara Web Designer only £40 & you get a lot of good Templets & on there web site you get step buy step videos for help.

or you could allways get a cracked copy ;) (search isohunt for "Xara Web Designer 5 with templets" but i dident tell you that)

Playboy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 20, 2006
Grantham / Lincolnshire
Its not that i dont know how to make a website, but i just dont know how to use it in Photo shop as i want a website that aint looking the same as all others want it full out fantasy looking, but to do with Mir.

Website is for my LOM2 server but atm its looking very boring and stuff, got the forums up just need to get a website now.

Pyraine

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
w3schools. they're sweet. also html dog. use his site too.

you might just wanna install a cms like drupal, joomla or wordpress, it's a lot quicker to install and get started, but it's a lot more complicated to configure, thankfully you can install templates.

Reactions: Tai