Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

FurianMir

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 25, 2010
Halifax
The majority of servers are going offline as a avid mir fan and server host i was just wondering if lomcn could have promote mir in anyway at all? im as much as the next guy not wanting mir to die.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Lets start a "Don't let Mir die of Aids Campaign" ?

Truth is, i don't think it matters how much u advertise this game, It's 10 years old, Graphics are abit shabby, and tbh when you have Huge games like WoW / Rift (Diablo 3 Around the corner), Many people will take one glance at this, and laugh tbh.

Maybe, if the people of the community pulled together, finished of a set of files (Heroes / RubyM2 / Lemon.... Etc) Then i think it would bring some of the community back.
But there's people who don't appreciate this kind of work, and the people doing the work get pissed off from taking there own time and trying to do something for people, and having it thrown back in there face!

FurianMir

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 25, 2010
Halifax
Lets start a "Don't let Mir die of Aids Campaign" ?

Truth is, i don't think it matters how much u advertise this game, It's 10 years old, Graphics are abit shabby, and tbh when you have Huge games like WoW / Rift (Diablo 3 Around the corner), Many people will take one glance at this, and laugh tbh.

Maybe, if the people of the community pulled together, finished of a set of files (Heroes / RubyM2 / Lemon.... Etc) Then i think it would bring some of the community back.
But there's people who don't appreciate this kind of work, and the people doing the work get pissed off from taking there own time and trying to do something for people, and having it thrown back in there face!

totally agree with you tbh maybe lomcn should get rid of old server threads i think that would help alot imo.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
LOMCN cannot be a poster boy for Mir... One private servers are not legal LOMCN just provides a gateway to discuss and get access to such servers.

To go out and publicise that would be foolish, LOMCN does not get hassled because it stays relatively underground.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
In ur sig knight "Beta testers required PM me" This for mir? And isit an old sig you haven't updated ?

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Fact is in this day and age with the graphical capabilities we see in games now, unless you were an old school player of Mir, you're simply not going to be able to "Get into" playing Mir...If I showed my younger brother this, who is a huge gamer, but I have an extra 7 years on him, he would simply say no "because the graphics sucks"...he's use to higher end graphics and gameplay, something that Mir just does not offer. Whereas me on the other hand, i've played Mir type graphics and these awesome higher end ones, so I could simply slip into any type of game that is out today as long as its enjoyable at the start

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
Fact is in this day and age with the graphical capabilities we see in games now, unless you were an old school player of Mir, you're simply not going to be able to "Get into" playing Mir...If I showed my younger brother this, who is a huge gamer, but I have an extra 7 years on him, he would simply say no "because the graphics sucks"...he's use to higher end graphics and gameplay, something that Mir just does not offer. Whereas me on the other hand, i've played Mir type graphics and these awesome higher end ones, so I could simply slip into any type of game that is out today as long as its enjoyable at the start

Its the gameplay that counts, all the new mmorpg are just carebear! They're boring and repetitive, one you've played one you have played them all. There not offering anything different.

Dk

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
LOMCN cannot be a poster boy for Mir... One private servers are not legal LOMCN just provides a gateway to discuss and get access to such servers.

To go out and publicise that would be foolish, LOMCN does not get hassled because it stays relatively underground.

i'm pretty sure no1 gives a damn what lomcn does lol , gamepot is dead and wemade have no reason to sue lomcn as they wont win anything

anyways i'm sure that lomcn could do some advertising stuff like sending all registered accounts an email like "hey we are not dead , still here and growing, take a look"

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

I don't agree. Not anymore.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
tbh i think if you wanted to get mir back to being succesfull (private server wise)
you'd need:
- only 1 'team' of hosts (it's stupid to think that a game is good just cause there's alot of hosts), 1 big "host" would allow shared user accounts over multiple servers, easy acces to every server to pick from (aka you might have 3/4 different exp rates etc, but they are all under 1 roof)

- all players united in a verry verry limited amount of servers (maybe 3 max for the current playercounts), lets face it: most ppl say they want pvp, most pvp only gets fun if there's at least 200 active players (and hardly any servers even reach 20 on at any point)

- decent files maintained verry frequent and reliable: i see lomcn changing sets of server files every few weeks, and never finishing any + the few closed source either get bad reviews, die out fast or simply never get going cause ppl keep dreaming of having their own code to go modify as they see fit

in the end: the main goal to make a better tomorrow= kill all other servers so there's only a limited (but great) supply to chose from

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
tbh i think if you wanted to get mir back to being succesfull (private server wise)
you'd need:
- only 1 'team' of hosts (it's stupid to think that a game is good just cause there's alot of hosts), 1 big "host" would allow shared user accounts over multiple servers, easy acces to every server to pick from (aka you might have 3/4 different exp rates etc, but they are all under 1 roof)

- all players united in a verry verry limited amount of servers (maybe 3 max for the current playercounts), lets face it: most ppl say they want pvp, most pvp only gets fun if there's at least 200 active players (and hardly any servers even reach 20 on at any point)

- decent files maintained verry frequent and reliable: i see lomcn changing sets of server files every few weeks, and never finishing any + the few closed source either get bad reviews, die out fast or simply never get going cause ppl keep dreaming of having their own code to go modify as they see fit

in the end: the main goal to make a better tomorrow= kill all other servers so there's only a limited (but great) supply to chose from

- its to late for this personally, in the past yes, i remember this was discussed on the mir unleashed project (?) and people didnt like the idea of not being in control of their host / users accounts.

- heroes and ruby will be good and different if the work continues to be done on them.

- i think whats left of the community is 70% server creators and 30% players lol, if people cant create / advertise their server here they will simply go else where, also there is only a few servers left, you cant really narrow it down any more than it currently is.

Sneezy

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 3, 2010
many host find it hard to update with data.

if a great team was to code and host but just not a set data map and so would make a server.

key is to have a open mind coder.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
- i think whats left of the community is 70% server creators and 30% players lol, if people cant create / advertise their server here they will simply go else where, also there is only a few servers left, you cant really narrow it down any more than it currently is.

I think this is true.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
its the community thats killing mir, constantly slating server owns until they decide to eventually quit cause its not worth the hassel

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
I don't agree. Not anymore.

Why? How I see it at the moment is GamePot is dying, we all know this. If they are dying, they could easily blame the private server community, sue us all for damages and then we bankrupt!

Personally, I think there's just too much talk about how to revive Mir and Lomcn, and not enough action.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Why? How I see it at the moment is GamePot is dying, we all know this. If they are dying, they could easily blame the private server community, sue us all for damages and then we bankrupt!

Personally, I think there's just too much talk about how to revive Mir and Lomcn, and not enough action.

And I believe one of the main reasons for that lack of action is due to too much speculation over minute possibilities.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
its the community thats killing mir, constantly slating server owns until they decide to eventually quit cause its not worth the hassel
Lol, your the biggest culprit of this.. Yet when someone accuses your server you throw a hissy fit and remove your advert " because it will tarnish your name"

Status
Not open for further replies.