• No because (Please post why thanks)

Votes: 32 33.3%

• Total voters

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Well recently as many of you know new files where released which enhances mir greatly and pushes us alot closer to offical mir

Well I feel not enough people know about em and are still working on the 1.4 files
So heres what I propose

1) We close the 1.4 section BAR the help section which would remain open for a while later

2) The Emualtor section will be swapped around with the 1.4 section so everyone sees it first

3) The server ad's section is combined with a sub forum for old 1.4/dsyonline servers

There my basic ideas most of the admins(Well those who responded) agree with this but i wanna know how you the forum users feel about it

Just answer the poll and add your toughts to this thread

Feel free to suggest other changes while your at it thanks

.:MiloFoxburr:.

Starwind

i voted yes, but this should be a long term transition. You cant close everything down straight away, and uve also gotta remember it could be a while before everyone can use 1.5 servers and client. Some will still want to play 1.4 for a while yet.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
no. dont know a straight answer tbh. but im sure some people would like to use 1.4 and the 1.4 features more than 1.9, even though 1.9 is much more advanced, its not translated, we cant easily change it atm, and we're relying on the chinese to update it.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Starwind said:
i voted yes, but this should be a long term transition. You cant close everything down straight away, and uve also gotta remember it could be a while before everyone can use 1.5 servers and client. Some will still want to play 1.4 for a while yet.

Thats why both the help section and server ad sections(With a bit of change) for 1.4 will remain open

Farril the files are more changable than 1.4 and contain everything thats in 1.4 servers currently

anto135

I agree let the past be the past and move on but not yet wait untill the files have been fully translated and released etc.

/anto - being great, as usual

EDIT:also wait for the compelte sql files imo

Last edited:

Thigh

dont care tbh.

i never look in the mir sections (the mir mods will be happy to know)

so i voted no :S

dana123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 30, 2003
No.

I enjoy surfing the 1.4 forums, i surf them more than i do the 1.5's.

This is because i don't have time to create my 1.9 server, so i stick with the 1.4's which are 100% translated, meaning i can easily add alot more to my game, or help other people. You may say this is lazy of me, but i have another reason as well.

It makes the forum alot easier to use, there is a 1.4 SERVER section, and a 1.5 EMULATOR section, these are two different things, putting down the 1.4 server section would be a big blow to alot of people as i know most if not all people here have enjoyed editing the 1.4 files.

1.5+ is cool but as i said, they still require alot of attention at the moment.

Having said all that you may argue if we paid more attention to the 1.5+ emulator, then we may get closer and closer to translating them liike we have done with the 1.4 files.

Anyways, i voted no.

:wavee:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Mrj said:
what, youd just move those particular forums further down?

Yes pritty much And since chat is barely used it would be closed

You people dont seem to know that the files are easier to translate then 1.4 hell U can translate a full set in about 10mins

Worse comes to worse ill download untouched files mod em a bit and they'll be working on the emulator

You have 90 odd % translated work

I really dont see the point in contuining to work on ancient files

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
spells suck tbh. + the fact that when new sets come out, ppl will still act like they are now and not share.

the new spells suck
the mir.exe is very annoying and id hate to run a real server on them.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Farril said:
spells suck tbh. + the fact that when new sets come out, ppl will still act like they are now and not share.

the new spells suck
the mir.exe is very annoying and id hate to run a real server on them.

The new set crap u can blame xander for

The mir exe works fine bar a couple of display cheats which if users dont like can be turned off

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
I voted yes, mainly because this isnt something that wer're trying to do to get rid of people, we're trying to make the new and better files more popular, and therefore having bigger servers and therefore getting more people to mir and therefore making mir better for everyone.

/Miles

anto135

I know there easier to use i just say u shouldnt change it just yet.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No better time than now(i.e sometime very soon) while the files are fresh let people figure it out by themselves let them discover new stuff rather than them coming along and because of 3 or 4 people(Prob Less) have everything done for them silly tbh

anto135

Ok you changed my mind i say do it now or if you dont do it now wait for the SQL files to be completed and released.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
anto135 said:
Ok you changed my mind i say do it now or if you dont do it now wait for the SQL files to be completed and released.

Waiting on the SQL file is not something i suggest doing tbh...

The Emu is as advanced as its gonna get tbh Maybe in a year or two sqlmir will be done but till then we work with what we have so why work on old stuff