Votes: 64 66.7%
  • No because (Please post why thanks)

Votes: 32 33.3%

• Total voters

Buffy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2003
No keep 1.4 servers. Ive tried always to get 1.9 working on me comp, even downloaded the client about 4 times and just dont have a clue. Theres gonna be loadsa people like me that cant get onto 1.9 servers and will stay with 1.4.

/Mackem

Sco

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2003
wut?
I say no, i dont think u should take away 1.4 . I enjoy playing 1.4 the most. And lomcn wouldnt be the same without 1.4

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Sco said:
I say no, i dont think u should take away 1.4 . I enjoy playing 1.4 the most. And lomcn wouldnt be the same without 1.4

Yet you dont enjoy the emu which features everything in 1.4 + so much more Strange..

Mackam said:
Ive tried always to get 1.9 working on me comp, even downloaded the client about 4 times and just dont have a clue. Theres gonna be loadsa people like me that cant get onto 1.9 servers and will stay with 1.4.

Im sorry but if u can set up a 1.4 server u can setup an emu there both set up excatly the same bar 2 ip's which need to changed to a reg server

Webby said:
so i reckon move 1.4 section down and 1.5 up then after more 1.9 "reliable" servers go up then close the 1.4 section
The 1.4 help and AD section's would remain open so people could/would still freely advertise there 1.4 servers

Mystikal said:
Give people the choice if they want to work on the 1.4 or emu files. We cant force people to just work on emu files, there are other forums they would just go to if 1.4 section was closed. Therefore losing many members of the community

Um Im sorry but whats the point using old ancient files Its not like u lose anything when u use the emu quite the opposite u gain so much more

Love said:
i voted no..... to make the poll percentages a nice neat 75/25
Not surprised tbh :P

I think that it should be a slow transition

Technically it would be its not gonna happen overnight, About the rest i dunno if i have the patience or the time to work in a team However i MAY release a basic translated set for use

Sco

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 14, 2003
wut?
Id be really disapointed if this happened, but why not keep 1.4 still and make another for emu?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Sco said:
Id be really disapointed if this happened, but why not keep 1.4 still and make another for emu?

Because its pointless Dont u see that

Whats the point in supporting older files its silly The fact that help and ad's stay will mean that it wont be cut off entirly but dont expect to see ANY new 1.4 based releases from china No new m2servers no new clients no new nothing Everything is going towards the emu we might as well do the same

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
Honestly - mir2 1.4 - what question have people got left to ask? If you aint figured it out by now - go back to your playstation. Mir2 1.9 - I ser this up without looking at any guide, I grabbed a set of file from here (icemans i think), changed the IP/name in the ini files, installed DB Commander and bugger me sideways - it worked.

In the same Vain - might as well have a mir3 2.9 section and a seperate JOB section (im joking btw). Tell you what is needed, so simple tbh...

Someone/anyone go through the files AS-IS, translate 100%, produce a download. People then have a base set of files (Much like you did for 1.4) and people can post Add-Ons such as latest mobs and so forth.

Dump the 1.4 section and while your at it - dump the other MMORPG sections (raganorok etc). Thats my views anyhow....

Tasha

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 13, 2003
I think if you supplied the forum with a totally stable set of translated server files for all to work d/l ect on, then many would change to 1.9 from 1.4 cas I think most wouldnt be botherd and know how to do all the translations.So if these were all done in a basic set of files then i vote yea otherwise keep forum as it is.(1.4 is very stable and easy to use and pick straight up)

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Tasha said:
I think if you supplied the forum with a totally stable set of translated server files for all to work d/l ect on, then many would change to 1.9 from 1.4 cas I think most wouldnt be botherd and know how to do all the translations.So if these were all done in a basic set of files then i vote yea otherwise keep forum as it is.(1.4 is very stable and easy to use and pick straight up)

agree. :bounce:

Thigh

like i said i dont care what happens but just coz theres new stuff out doesnt mean the old stuff should be disgarded. why not just leave 1.4 there and make wotever else u want

TheMonk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
The Void
anto135 said:
Huh mir is chinese 0_O.
yeah but its made "profesionaly" not a half arsed pice of crap like the "1.9" files

im sorry to say if lomcn closes the 1.4 section i wont be commign here any more

Danny-B-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 16, 2004
I voted no as i wouldnt like to see the 1.4 section completely removed (bar help section)

I think it would be better if the 1.4 sction was just moved down a bit more so the 1.5+ section was higher up than it.

ATM i dont think the files are quite ready to replace my 1.4 server but as soon as they are i will be switching completely to 1.9 :)

Stoyz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
Wait till some1 has made a fully english client with all the additions, just a blank server, then host it, let ppl download and make their own server out of it.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
i fink yes.

only however if there is definatly future in the 1.9 files, and there is a definate move forward, which i beleieve there is.

However i dont feel this is the most major thing tht needs chnging so far.. the communities attitude, will stay the same even if the forums change

ATOMonline

Milo i get where your coming from, but why start a thread like this when the 1.9 files arent out in the open, translated and easily accessible to all? you shud have known what would be said....stick with 1.4 until 1.9 is properly released.