Mir server populations

Kazababy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2007
Been away from mir for 2-3 year, coming back looking for a server to play on.

Could someone post a list of the current servers, low/high rate, how long its been online and the average usercount.

Thanks a lot

Kazababy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 23, 2007
Hi I love the fact its only been online a week, will certainly come and give it a try! Would still love to know about other servers out there if someone could give me an update, had a read through forums and very excited for chronicles atm!
Thanks, /Kaza

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Just chronciles, it has no competition, gone are the days of multiple servers online at the same time.

Now-days it 1 at a time.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Hmm.. There are quite a few server online..

Two of mine
Arcadia http://mirarcadia.com/ 200+ players at evening
Project69 http://www.thelegendofmir.com/ 30-50 players at evenings

Yeh, but your's dont count.

As it's not even Mir, it's just some really badly done WOW Clone, with Mir graphics.

+ i highly doubt 200+ is legit, guaranteed half the chars have been in Fort evil since release and haven't moved.

Merc_Draven

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 19, 2013
Mir Arcadia could of been one epic server; new features that adds to the gameplay, Player drops, Quests! Defo worth checking it out! Sadly It's a pay 2 win server, every rare item/book can be bought for money.

Chronicles seems to head down the more sensible path where players can earn thier items and PVP is so much more fun compared too Arcadia's super saiyans, 1 hitted para monsters.

Each too thier own! Classic game play against steriod indulged gameplay.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Mir Arcadia could of been one epic server; new features that adds to the gameplay, Player drops, Quests! Defo worth checking it out! Sadly It's a pay 2 win server, every rare item/book can be bought for money.

Chronicles seems to head down the more sensible path where players can earn thier items and PVP is so much more fun compared too Arcadia's super saiyans, 1 hitted para monsters.

Each too thier own! Classic game play against steriod indulged gameplay.

1) Arcadia is and has been an epic server
2) The gameshop holds few items and the best of which is level 95 - there are 8-10 kits above that can only be gained only through hunting
3) The gameshop sells skills up to level 100 - leaving 8 better skills per class that can only be gained only through hunting
4) It takes 3-5 full power hits to kill a like for like player

Of the top 25 players only 3 of them have ever bought GameGold. Fact is Success in Mir = Time and Effort

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Handbags away please ladies,

I gave up developing C# source because I felt there was no longer the population to sustain a decent server (atleast to the standard euro was).

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005

I gave up developing C# source because I felt there was no longer the population to sustain a decent server (atleast to the standard euro was).

Depends what your developing, Mir3 development would have a very high population.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Chronicles is looking at 400+

Which i know for a fact is more than Euro P had for the last 3-4 years lol.

Granted, 250 of them will leave/quit in the first 2 weeks, but it shows the interest is their for the right type of server.

@ Scorp

You live in a dream world, Arcadia is no way shape or form an "epic" server, its not even Mir, you locked people into HAVING to do quests to get anywhere. Basic spells such as TDB/FF are none existent, and half of your user count is fake and doesn't exist. (which is evident by the fact the last post on your forums was 2 days ago) 200+ Users, but no-one ever goes on the forums?

Yeh, Ok then, that's believable....

Not to mention its always the same 50 people AFK in fort-evil for 6 months straight who don't move once....

Last edited:

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
The two main contenders are Chronicles and Arcadia to my knowledge I don't believe there are any other servers out there with either Arcadia's/P69's sustainability (p69 has been going longer than euro mir did) or Chronicles interest (we have had over 650 accounts made in 72 hours).

The two servers differ drastically, Arcadia is more custom with a modern edge toward Mir where we have been aiming for the nostalgia euro based approach.

Any who, we are going live tomorrow at 8pm GMT:
http://www.mirchronicles.com

Sam

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Chronicles is looking at 400+

Which i know for a fact is more than Euro P had for the last 3-4 years lol.

Granted, 250 of them will leave/quit in the first 2 weeks, but it shows the interest is their for the right type of server.

@ Scorp

You live in a dream world, Arcadia is no way shape or form an "epic" server, its not even Mir, you locked people into HAVING to do quests to get anywhere. Basic spells such as TDB/FF are none existent, and half of your user count is fake and doesn't exist. (which is evident by the fact the last post on your forums was 2 days ago) 200+ Users, but no-one ever goes on the forums?

Yeh, Ok then, that's believable....

Not to mention its always the same 50 people AFK in fort-evil for 6 months straight who don't move once....

Lol its pointless arguing with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. You relentlessly contradict yourself to cover up your ignorance. I get that you don't like my servers but it is unbelievably pathetic how you insist on following me around trolling. Fact is a good proportion of the community have enjoyed my servers and still do. Ill continue to support my supporters and leave you to troll on LOMCN about every server that comes online and how nobody should play it because you the almighty didn't like it

Reactions: Tom27 and -Luke-

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Depends what your developing, Mir3 development would have a very high population.

maybe but me and jamie see very little interest in it. compare mir 3 usa to mir 2 usa, mir 2 had 2-3 times more player base and it was horrid compared to mir 3. and with that alone mir 3 has no chance to ever get 300 active players. after all 300 players is nothing considering its a free online game. didnt digemon smash mir 3 usa in forum posts and user count, and how crap was that game to the eye.

its pretty simple tho mir players are not what they were, they have grown up many have wives, partners and in full time jobs add the fact some have kids this leaves little or no time to play mir, and lets face it you really need to play mir to be anywhere near the top and to be able to compete when it comes down to the ingame things that matter to most.

another thing is that 300-400 players is nothing in the grand scheme of things. imo developing a game for 150 active user count after 2weeks or so game play is a waste of time, money and effort unless you are a person that is doing it for a hobby. which was what me and jamie esp jamie were doing.

if your not doing it for fun an a hobby then the only options you will end up with is servers like mir 2 forever, mir revenge, ben servers and even andys which are all enforced on pay to win. even the usa servers were.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Mir3 USA was very active but after a year of no updates (because update had to be paid for) people lost interest, when people lost interest the staff slowly lost interest and thats where it started dying.

I dont know what you mean by Mir2 having more players then Mir3, Did you play Mir3? The difference in players wouldn't have been that noticeable unless you was sitting in Bichon thinking thats where people congregate on mir3...

Most people who code, like me and yourselves do it as a hobby and sometimes a challenge, which is why I don't see why your basis around a waste of time is based off a 300 player base.

I do however understand that you could be using the time to dev a whole different game based around the same concept without any copyright infringement and still get more of a player base then any private mir2/3 server no matter how good it is or its features. After god knows how many years I'm surprised no one has attempted to do so with different libs and graphics.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
after all 300 players is nothing considering its a free online game.

another thing is that 300-400 players is nothing in the grand scheme of things. imo developing a game for 150 active user count after 2weeks or so game play is a waste of time, money and effort

For a game which is pretty much extinct (has no European support / official servers). 300-400 users is a good amount, and still a fair size chunk of what the official servers had all those many years ago.

If you came into developing c# thinking you would attracts 1000's of players you couldn't of picked a worse game to develop for.. European mir's usercount has always been relatively low in comparison to other games, even as an official server.

We've spent alot of time and effort advertising and imo its time well spent, iv seen alot of old faces crawling out of the woodwork to give a forgotten game another shot. Advertising is the key to keeping Mir/lomcn and servers in general alive, we just need to find a way to break ground to bring new players into the fold.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Well it attracted thousands originally. But that was when online games were new. Now there is so much more competition of modern games which lets face short term games like gta. League of legends. Om not talking about how many months you play it for, more the fact you can just pick up and put it down. This is what most gammers want. Mir is not that game. Mir is a full on geek fest where you need hours every day to not fall behind.

Ill let jamie upload my mir 3 screenshot,maybe the ranking one where I was number 1 level 81 or 82. I question you regarding did you play mir 3 lol. I had a 4month break on that usa server.

im not knocking anyone for doing the work they have im just being honest. Time spent elsewhere would be far more financial rewarding. Which is what 95% of servers are about.

Only one that I know that wasn't was mir reunited. The rest have been pay to win

---------- Post Merged at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:01 AM ----------

I do however understand that you could be using the time to dev a whole different game based around the same concept without any copyright infringement and still get more of a player base then any private mir2/3 server no matter how good it is or its features. After god knows how many years I'm surprised no one has attempted to do so with different libs and graphics.

This is something ive discussed with jamie and would have probably started this if it wasn't for graphics. This takes massive amounts of time to get right as far as im I know

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
is mir2 forever buy guy that runs it is a tit and shows favour to the people that have thousands of pounds in there pocket that are willing to give him lol. He also goes power mad and hands bans out to people that are good at refining. so highly wouldn't recommend that. Chronicles everybody is going to tbh- well anyone I have spoken to.