Mir server populations

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
I do and I dont.

You gotta think i havnt actually played mir for a very long time... once i started running servers that was the end of my playing days.

I miss the development side of things for sure... seeing new mobs/spells/maps... coding new mobs, scripting new events and stuff... that was awesome.

There were talks between me matt and another guy making a new server in java with me and matt coding it, but unfortunately reality is with our jobs we just dont have enough time.

I thought about poping on one of these servers just to see the progression the files have made, but with it being a low rate i dont have that kinda time to level and see the new stuff, shame really.

if it wasnt for the fact someone took over threeheros and new files have been released, I was about to release all my work... oldskool, 3h, 4h lr, 4h hr ... source code for the files etc just to keep the community going. But with these new files... it just doesnt seem like any of my work even comes close to it.

For reference purposes alone, it would be great if you did release your work.
So much can be learnt from good working code, be it NPC scripts or program source. Simply copying stuff is pointless as far as I'm concerned, it's much better learning how the coding works and improving your own skills.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I do and I dont.

You gotta think i havnt actually played mir for a very long time... once i started running servers that was the end of my playing days.

I miss the development side of things for sure... seeing new mobs/spells/maps... coding new mobs, scripting new events and stuff... that was awesome.

There were talks between me matt and another guy making a new server in java with me and matt coding it, but unfortunately reality is with our jobs we just dont have enough time.

I thought about poping on one of these servers just to see the progression the files have made, but with it being a low rate i dont have that kinda time to level and see the new stuff, shame really.

if it wasnt for the fact someone took over threeheros and new files have been released, I was about to release all my work... oldskool, 3h, 4h lr, 4h hr ... source code for the files etc just to keep the community going. But with these new files... it just doesnt seem like any of my work even comes close to it.

lol, come play u jew,

Just gonna bug you on skype until you do.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
lol, come play u jew,

Just gonna bug you on skype until you do.
I honestly dont have time, when im not at work im either out or doing course work. id probably only be able to manage an hour a night and that would be pointless on a low rate, id never even see level 40. plus i wouldnt spend hours trying to tweak my pc and **** to be faster.

he wont ever release lol
its people like you that stop me and other people from releasing... because your ungrateful, rude and would probably use the work without so much as a thank you.

like i said, if 3heros wasnt still online, or if it does ever close, i may release my work. I would release the OS files and some of my previous servers, but they wont work w/o the exe's from the current server.. and its not fair to do that. There would be no point in releasing the NPC scripts as all the NPC commands dont exsist on current files.. only on 3h.
The release would only be worth it as a whole.... as it would be for someone to continue coding the files. But with the c# projects and stuff, i dont see the point in that

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I honestly dont have time, when im not at work im either out or doing course work. id probably only be able to manage an hour a night and that would be pointless on a low rate, id never even see level 40. plus i wouldnt spend hours trying to tweak my pc and **** to be faster.t

WHAT THE F'K.. YOU HAVE A JOB?!?!?!?! This is not permitted! Now people cant call you a money grabbing chav! This has ruined my day!!

Jokes!

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I honestly dont have time, when im not at work im either out or doing course work. id probably only be able to manage an hour a night and that would be pointless on a low rate, id never even see level 40. plus i wouldnt spend hours trying to tweak my pc and **** to be faster.

its people like you that stop me and other people from releasing... because your ungrateful, rude and would probably use the work without so much as a thank you.

like i said, if 3heros wasnt still online, or if it does ever close, i may release my work. I would release the OS files and some of my previous servers, but they wont work w/o the exe's from the current server.. and its not fair to do that. There would be no point in releasing the NPC scripts as all the NPC commands dont exsist on current files.. only on 3h.
The release would only be worth it as a whole.... as it would be for someone to continue coding the files. But with the c# projects and stuff, i dont see the point in that

well if u wanna log on and pwn some scrubs can use my Sin.

I hardly get chance to play aswell >_<

Timmix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 20, 2009
You guys are crazy, How can you not give Scorpian credit Project69 was amazing back in the day and im sure its still good now just people being lazy and dont want to start new and i bet Arcadia is good aswelll but for someone to Host a server for more then 10+ Years on a Low Populated game like this deserves a trophy, or a Badge.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
You guys are crazy, How can you not give Scorpian credit Project69 was amazing back in the day and im sure its still good now just people being lazy and dont want to start new and i bet Arcadia is good aswelll but for someone to Host a server for more then 10+ Years on a Low Populated game like this deserves a trophy, or a Badge.
hes alrdy got his reward in the form of a lot of $$$$... i dont think he needs a trophy or a badge... nor has he done it to make everyone feel good inside.

Like u just said, it was good back in the day... he never kept up with it and it lost members because it became dead and boring. My hosting style was the complete opposite.. soon as the server had run its life cycle i began a new 1.