Mir server populations

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Again I still find it hard to believe.

I dont see where all these users would have suddenly come from? its not like euro just suddenly shut down... that happened years ago. When it did shut down sure there was a lot more users about, but still no where near 600+

Unless uve managed to advertise well and actually attract brand new users it just makes no sense. Do you have brand new users that have never played mir before? how did they near about the server?

also doesnt ur server have something like shop stands or w/e where a character sets up shop then just goes afk? couldnt a lot of users be people running more than 1 client with characters doing shops / mining etc?

To truely believe it id like to see a list of all players ingame with what map their on etc, or a list of unique connections from 1 IP or something

Btw dont get me wrong, im not saying it has like 10 users, id imagine theres more like 150-200 users actually active and moving ingame.

either way it must be an impressive server to get that kinda user count, even if it has no competition, from that kinda usercount its either attracted a lot of new users, or its a lot of afk characters.

btw is this ur server haz? i rarely visit mir any more so no idea who even runs the server, wot files it uses, who the team is etc lol... what happened to the server u was gonna run? that sounded cool.
Are they run on these AceM2 files that Milo etc worked on... then this server was meant to be "file testing" to prepare for release... then shock suprise were never released?

The number is real but yeah it's hard to believe. Sam and the team did a fantastic job advertising on Facebook and building up a fanbase. It's brought back players from Euro who never played other servers and I'd imagine it's brought in new players too. There's also a decent number of Chinese players who want that old school feeling that they can't get in China. There is no Stall system in game or afk mining (You mine nodes now and they random spawn) so like Primo said that rules them out.

Chronicles uses the AceM2 files yes, the ones that were supposed to be released. Times changed and so did plans. I was the one who always talked about releasing and I quit developing Mir mid last year. Sam and the team are free to do what they want with the files and code now. Though at some point when/if Chronicles is gone I'll push for a release or do it myself.

You can see the increased activity for Mir in general btw Bon, the LOMCN daily active members was hovering around 700-800 at Mir's lowest slump it's now at 1600+.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Its believable ingame Ben

that screenie of MW is nothing.

BW/PI/TV are ALL like that.

And even Woomyon woods camp is like that.

everywhere you hunt there's grps all around you.

Its better than i EVER remember euro being (tho i did play P Server...)

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Some really good comments and feedback from the community which is really appreciated.

Glad everyone is enjoying it :).

Sam

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
is it just a euro clone tho?

name some features and stuff... i cant find an advert anywhere?

fk i just noticed ive been on these forums for 10 years, thats sad

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
It's actually really nice to go to places like ST, caves which on most Private Servers are unused expect the 7th floor, but on here they're full of people hunting. Solo, people in groups with 2-3 and then you get loads of full groups running past you.

Go OmaCave, and you will struggle to find a BE even if you hunt there for 3 hours because theres that many people playing

---------- Post Merged at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:45 PM ----------

It's actually really nice to go to places like ST, caves which on most Private Servers are unused expect the 7th floor, but on here they're full of people hunting. Solo, people in groups with 2-3 and then you get loads of full groups running past you.

Go OmaCave, and you will struggle to find a BE even if you hunt there for 3 hours because theres that many people playing

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
is it just a euro clone tho?

name some features and stuff... i cant find an advert anywhere?

fk i just noticed ive been on these forums for 10 years, thats sad

Basically, yeh its a Euro clone, with sin+archer in their and a few map changes + new area's in between.

It's just a "properly" done euro clone, it's not 1 of them servers were everyone has rubyrings/vios/10m and a JMace within 2 weeks. but they call themselves a "LR".

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
either way it must be an impressive server to get that kinda user count, even if it has no competition, from that kinda usercount its either attracted a lot of new users, or its a lot of afk characters.
Competition of servers is probably the highest its ever been, you have Arcadia, p69, mirrevenge, mir2forever , ThreeHeroes - all big names with big usercounts, and also C# servers in the making.

helpmeplay

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 21, 2005
I downloaded Chronicles but im getting wrong client version when I log in? but im using that patcher?
Despite fight mcafee to let exe download

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
I really want to.....but dont have time for the next few weeks...have tons of work and visitors from london.......why dont they **** OFF BACK TO UK SO I CAN PLAYYYYYYY loool

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
be interesting to see how long it lasts... from past experiences low rates are extremely fun at the start when your all racing to be #1 and the highest levels etc... when levels and items/upgrades come as frequent as a high rate.... but as soon as you hit that brick wall and you realize it'll take a month of solid levelin to gain 10 hp the game soon loses interest.

thats when the real challenge starts for a developer because you need to be supplying that sense to achievement/reward but at the same time you gotta keep it "low rate" as to not unbalance it all.

lets face it the only thing that kept euro going was the social side of things.. the game itself was pretty boring and repetitive.

then later on you find troubles of not getting any new members because its impossible to catch up.

wish u the best of luck, its not easy!

Jungle123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Feb 2, 2014
be interesting to see how long it lasts... from past experiences low rates are extremely fun at the start when your all racing to be #1 and the highest levels etc... when levels and items/upgrades come as frequent as a high rate.... but as soon as you hit that brick wall and you realize it'll take a month of solid levelin to gain 10 hp the game soon loses interest.

thats when the real challenge starts for a developer because you need to be supplying that sense to achievement/reward but at the same time you gotta keep it "low rate" as to not unbalance it all.

lets face it the only thing that kept euro going was the social side of things.. the game itself was pretty boring and repetitive.

then later on you find troubles of not getting any new members because its impossible to catch up.

wish u the best of luck, its not easy!

beats any of your 'lowrates' handsdown

Reactions: Samuel

Witty44

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2010
When has it ever been about beating other servers? Its a low rate like every other low rate.. Added features or not. Bon has got a point, just because you re-release a game with a few added bits, does not make it any different, or remove any old problems. Mir has always had the problem that people got bored and spent majority of time stood in SZ waiting for the next SW or pvp Fight. If you want this all to work, then some massive parts of Mir need to change... As soon as people start hitting higher levels you will see many people drop of, that is just the way of the low rates. Only the most geeky survive.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
beats any of your 'lowrates' handsdown
probably does considering the usercount... i never said it was a competition or tried to put the server down... so jog on kid i aint got time for people like u.

im just saying low rates have the biggest challenge of all keeping people engaged in the game when it becomes super hard, boring, and repetitive. high rates dont have that feel because every month ull have gained some levels, probably gained a whole new set of items, hunted in a whole different bunch of areas, killed a bunch of different boss's... its essentially a new server every month or so

the only ideas i could come up with on low rate to keep it more fun is to really focus on the pvp side of things... on euro i only played because of the OKS wars every 3 hours followed by ZT/MTK/BL etc fights. it was only fun because of that 3-4 guild battle... w/o that the game woulda been dead to me.

maybe these coders can add some sorta pvp battleground like WoW..... if you add in pvp items you open up a whole bunch of new things to do for players also

like i said its tuff be interesting to see how it goes

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
probably does considering the usercount... i never said it was a competition or tried to put the server down... so jog on kid i aint got time for people like u.

im just saying low rates have the biggest challenge of all keeping people engaged in the game when it becomes super hard, boring, and repetitive. high rates dont have that feel because every month ull have gained some levels, probably gained a whole new set of items, hunted in a whole different bunch of areas, killed a bunch of different boss's... its essentially a new server every month or so

the only ideas i could come up with on low rate to keep it more fun is to really focus on the pvp side of things... on euro i only played because of the OKS wars every 3 hours followed by ZT/MTK/BL etc fights. it was only fun because of that 3-4 guild battle... w/o that the game woulda been dead to me.

maybe these coders can add some sorta pvp battleground like WoW..... if you add in pvp items you open up a whole bunch of new things to do for players also

like i said its tuff be interesting to see how it goes

you should come play mate.

Dont you miss Mir?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
you should come play mate.

Dont you miss Mir?
I do and I dont.

You gotta think i havnt actually played mir for a very long time... once i started running servers that was the end of my playing days.

I miss the development side of things for sure... seeing new mobs/spells/maps... coding new mobs, scripting new events and stuff... that was awesome.

There were talks between me matt and another guy making a new server in java with me and matt coding it, but unfortunately reality is with our jobs we just dont have enough time.

I thought about poping on one of these servers just to see the progression the files have made, but with it being a low rate i dont have that kinda time to level and see the new stuff, shame really.

if it wasnt for the fact someone took over threeheros and new files have been released, I was about to release all my work... oldskool, 3h, 4h lr, 4h hr ... source code for the files etc just to keep the community going. But with these new files... it just doesnt seem like any of my work even comes close to it.