Kent, UK
Accordin to wikipedia... the release date of LOM2 was:

September 19, 2001

So that means we're coming up to almost 10years of playing mir? thats crazy :P

Zer0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 8, 2003
Hmm while it's true that Mir went into commercial on that date, open and closed betas were on for months before that. So for those people the 10 years have already passed. The earliest date I could find using the wayback machine is somewhere around May 2001...

By the way does anyone know the name and date of first private server ever? I know it was around the time spider patch came in.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The official Korean servers already have celebrations going for it. Loads of flags around town and stuff.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Hmm while it's true that Mir went into commercial on that date, open and closed betas were on for months before that. So for those people the 10 years have already passed. The earliest date I could find using the wayback machine is somewhere around May 2001...

By the way does anyone know the name and date of first private server ever? I know it was around the time spider patch came in.

First server i ever played is when i didn't even know LOMCN existed lol, but it was called DigitalDoom if i remember correctly

Well....apart from the 'ktest' ones lol

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
If i remember rightly wasnt it LouD who leaked the first set of server files from the korean servers after he had been found cheating as a GM? I remember working on server files i downloaded from fernys in late 2002, some 6 months after i quit real Mir due the lack of updates etc. I used to go to a place called 'The Mir Server Resource Forum' of which i believe a few people are here from there!

i cant remember the name of the first mass played private server, just that there were 100s running them off their own Broadband connection... The Insane Server began life 3 months before my join date on here, and then passed on to TheBoss to finish in mine and DrUgZ's abscence.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
weown was the only server to get over 100+ at the start, then p69 did it as well, then no1 really got over 100 users till mir revenge, oldskool etc that got 200

there was just so many servers to play back then unless it was just amazing it was never gonna see uber user count

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
weown was the only server to get over 100+ at the start, then p69 did it as well, then no1 really got over 100 users till mir revenge, oldskool etc that got 200

there was just so many servers to play back then unless it was just amazing it was never gonna see uber user count

Lol well back then things wern't really about user count, but more about having fun creating a server. There were no expectations of server owners, apart from keeping an eye on the mob lag lol.

Did enjoy the fact a fight broke out between WeOwn and P69 about who has the most users :P Infact i remember someone making a thread called "WeOwn Vs Project69" and had those nifty little user counter images to see who was winning lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Lol well back then things wern't really about user count, but more about having fun creating a server. There were no expectations of server owners, apart from keeping an eye on the mob lag lol.

Did enjoy the fact a fight broke out between WeOwn and P69 about who has the most users :P Infact i remember someone making a thread called "WeOwn Vs Project69" and had those nifty little user counter images to see who was winning lol

ye but still weown was such a good server because it had 100 users, where as the servers with 10-20 users were kinda boring.

the best thing about weown was you had like 20 ppl at a time fightin over reddragon xD

the msot fun thing tho was trying to lure OwNaGeOnE to a fence 2 kill it.. the real 1 that 1hit u lol :p

Zer0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 8, 2003
Anyway since it's all about Mir's 10 year anniversary, does anyone have any nostalgic screenshots, youtube vids or anything else to share? I remember there being a very funny flash made video of mir, with some zombies or ghouls dancing around, a hunt to wooma temple and some other funny bits. Think it was supposed to be made in a few parts but I've only ever seen one of them.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Reactions: Zer0

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I HAD screen shots from 2002-2003 range but since I've had a few clear-outs I've lost my fav screen shot of Alaria killing me for exploiting noobs when hitting people on archers, then there's the one where i was in the middle of the water. (some attr's wasn't filled in)

The first real private server I remember playing was ragezone and Devil server not sure which way around it was but im sure Devil server was first, p69, weown, whiplash and frozen came much later.

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
I still keep meaning to download all the files. It's going to be a sad day when Mir does eventually die. Would want to boot up my server for nostalgic reasons, although playing on my own would be weird.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
I HAD screen shots from 2002-2003 range but since I've had a few clear-outs I've lost my fav screen shot of Alaria killing me for exploiting noobs when hitting people on archers, then there's the one where i was in the middle of the water. (some attr's wasn't filled in)

The first real private server I remember playing was ragezone and Devil server not sure which way around it was but im sure Devil server was first, p69, weown, whiplash and frozen came much later.
Devil owned ;P

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
think Ragnar's disturbed server was first 1 i properly got into, it was an awesome server