Mirs 10year anniversary?

smoochy boys on tour

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
Jedi (ktest) or dr's wer mine i think, as forfunny videos game network had one on the tv show of a char throwing a grenade to blow up a mirking

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Either LOCMS or P69 was my first private server. I too remember Ragnarok's Disturbia serv. I remember being with koriban and rag and some other gm were in observer just repping us about in this ice cave.

Good times!

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
I'm sure I remember being on a ktest server before files were made super public with PuRaTech and Gadget. Could be wrong though!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I HAD screen shots from 2002-2003 range but since I've had a few clear-outs I've lost my fav screen shot of Alaria killing me for exploiting noobs when hitting people on archers, then there's the one where i was in the middle of the water. (some attr's wasn't filled in)

The first real private server I remember playing was ragezone and Devil server not sure which way around it was but im sure Devil server was first, p69, weown, whiplash and frozen came much later.

Frozen couldn't have come later than WeOwn lol...WeOwn was based off the frozen files

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Frozen couldn't have come later than WeOwn lol...WeOwn was based off the frozen files

Excuse me?

The first real private server I remember playing was ragezone and Devil server not sure which way around it was but im sure Devil server was first, (Meaning THEN) p69, weown, whiplash and frozen came much later.

Understand now?

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
i swear the 5 year anniversary wasnt that long ago lol :L

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
i know but i remember it clear as, like the dice roll game to win SOWG etc :P

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
insane server was my first, loved it

edit: happy 10th year anniverisary i guess, mir has been fun ;)

Last edited:

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
insane server was my first, loved it

edit: happy 10th year anniverisary i guess, mir has been fun ;)

nice to hear, and its coming back soon.... me and DrUgZ are working on a heroes based version! no eta yet like, not rushing it just taking our time to get it right.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Either LOCMS or P69 was my first private server. I too remember Ragnarok's Disturbia serv. I remember being with koriban and rag and some other gm were in observer just repping us about in this ice cave.

Good times!

LOCMS was my 1st, i got to the top level then the owner made me a GM and i worked on a few updates for her (when i started getin into the development side of mir) and threw a few events.. managed to get the usercount from liek 4 to 25 then i went and played weown lol

vitaminwater

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 23, 2008
I've played Mir on/off since it came out in 2001 (when I was 10) and it will always have a special place in my heart. Happy 10th anniversary!

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
the first server i played was ktest, before people found out how to change the server name.

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
some1 must have weown files. would be good for them to stick it up for awhile as a 10th anniversary kinda thing

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
LOCMS was my 1st, i got to the top level then the owner made me a GM and i worked on a few updates for her (when i started getin into the development side of mir) and threw a few events.. managed to get the usercount from liek 4 to 25 then i went and played weown lol

Wtf mert. What was your name?!

T'was such a good serv but Athena was just a horrible GM. No help whatsoever from her and made other ppl do updates. :l

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Wtf mert. What was your name?!

T'was such a good serv but Athena was just a horrible GM. No help whatsoever from her and made other ppl do updates. :l

I think a few helped her, then she turned it into a carebear server then after year or two change's it back, by that time it was far to late was fun in the early stages.