Mod Spot

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Well seeing as smavid dont release anything, well hasnt in god knows how long. Was wondering if his spot should be given to someone else. I know theres not many people making maps atm, but maybe this would get things moving. Maybe a map competition for mod spot ?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
No offence, but I don't want a compotition for a mod spot, and just because Smavid has not released anything of late does not mean he should lose the mod position... Also, this section is not exactly crying out for mods...

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Ok jese was just a suggestion. And why shouldnt he, whats the point in being mod for the map section ?? And thats the reason why i started the thread..

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Because he's there to help other people with maps etc, thats why he's mod. Not just to release maps.

End of discussion really unless you can name me someone else who is more worthy of been mod of this section..

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
well i don't get it what has a mod to do with actually releasing stuff?
shouldn't a mod keep his section clean and avoid flames/fights beetwen players ?

thats the most stupid thread i ever saw

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Well how can a mod keep a section clean, and spam free. When there is no1 posting anything in the section ? Your all talking about the forum being dead, so someone who would release maps would be a bonus. And im sure there is someone out there who would do a better job than smavid. (No offence)

Was just an idea, but oh well lol

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Well how can a mod keep a section clean, and spam free. When there is no1 posting anything in the section ? Your all talking about the forum being dead, so someone who would release maps would be a bonus. And im sure there is someone out there who would do a better job than smavid. (No offence)

Was just an idea, but oh well lol
Mods are not there for releasing lol.

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Well maybe it should be different for this section, as its only maps, and you can make them day in day out. Smavid if your reading this, make some maps and release them you no good penis :) And not some pretty little town, that we can all have a little sing song in :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Is there any reason to have a mod for this section...at all? I don't see what Smavid needs powers for.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
Is there any reason to have a mod for this section...at all? I don't see what Smavid needs powers for.

The idea, when i got time was to re-vamp section and get it back on track, as if you scroll down, its incredibly hard to find released and example work. Also all guides (mine including) are full of dead links etc. So soon i shall re-vamp them, its just hell of alot easier with powers to do so, rather than keep pestering Sky/other mods.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
you got no change in hell of revamping map section, people aren't willing to put the time into creating their own maps, and THEN release them for some server owner who is going to profit from them, in more than one way.

why even bother releasing ? they are just going to get ripped from your client anyway. what a community we have.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
The idea, when i got time was to re-vamp section and get it back on track, as if you scroll down, its incredibly hard to find released and example work. Also all guides (mine including) are full of dead links etc. So soon i shall re-vamp them, its just hell of alot easier with powers to do so, rather than keep pestering Sky/other mods.

When you got time ? Why not find a mod who has the time. This section shouldnt even got into such state to need to be re-vamped, should of kept on top of it instead of letting the section rot away for months/years. Kind of defeats the object in having a mod in such sections tbh. I would much rather have a mod that keeps on top of things and on a constant update of maps and release's, not exactly hard work is it.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
Aye, its never going to be huge, but if the resources are there, im 100% certain more people will look into trying to do it them selves.

When you got time ? Why not find a mod who has the time. This section shouldnt even got into such state to need to be re-vamped, should of kept on top of it instead of letting the section rot away for months/years. Kind of defeats the object in having a mod in such sections tbh. I would much rather have a mod that keeps on top of things and on a constant update of maps and release's, not exactly hard work is it.

When i got time yes... Who would you suggest to be a mod then? I am intrigued to see who people have in mind?

Last edited: