Myth Of Soma (Somadev Test Server)

Epsi

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2004
http://www.xtremetop100.com/out.php?site=1132311070http://myth-of-soma.com/

A Brief History

The Myth of soma was released in 2001 by GameNetwork at this time the game was popular and broadcast almost constantly on the GameNetwork sky channel.
The game although popular never really recieved the attention or time it needed to grow further. It was this and a combination of unfortunate hackings that happened in late 2008 led to its demise.

SomaDev Team

Who are SomaDev?

SomaDev are a team of voluntary interface designers and software engineers who have had experience with The Myth of Soma in the past including doing work on the old GameNetwork server.
The team at SomaDev have done work to ensure that The Myth Of Soma is restored back to its glory days with better security, added features and a more optimistic view on the game.
Sounds good, how can i help?

SomaDev are always looking for talented individuals with enthusiasm to help with the project or just post their ideas, if you have some suggestions or feel you could help visit the forums at http://www.somadev.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

If you like the game and the progress, please vote for it
http://www.xtremetop100.com/in.php?site=1132311070

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Finito and isylver have been working on this since like 2006 lol, ment to be released years ago but never happend so i just gave up following it, plus that forum is full of complete tools, pop on and see how they post lol.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Finito and isylver have been working on this since like 2006 lol, ment to be released years ago but never happend so i just gave up following it, plus that forum is full of complete tools, pop on and see how they post lol.

Yeah they do make you laugh lol, gonna bang you out m7. lol

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Yeah they do make you laugh lol, gonna bang you out m7. lol

Yeah that crap lol, you seriously cannot stick around on that forum with kids posting like that, they really should moderate and control the forum alot more.

Epsi

LOMCN n00bie
Oct 8, 2004
At the moment the server is under development while they add in LUA so that more features can be added and alot easier. After which the clients would be done.

Since the original game went down ALOT of hacks were published. ALL of which have now been fixed on somadev due to finito's dedication and player feedback.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Some is the only other game I was truly addicted to except Counter-Strike and Legend Of Mir, couple of my mates were one of the first people to get a hold of the official soma files then someone leaked them and servers sprouted up everywhere. Would be good to see a well run server back again with a decent user count.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Anyone post some videos or screenies? Interested to see what this looks like.

/Nymph

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Finito used to help me a fair bit, we did allot of work with Droyan (old gn game) back in the day.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Finito used to help me a fair bit, we did allot of work with Droyan (old gn game) back in the day.

You that Sausage guy? i remember the Droyan server (PForums) awhile ago but had to many bugs.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Isn't it Droiyan lol. Had a good wee play at that game aswell, another I quite liked. Xander interested in playing or running an MOS server.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Myth Of Soma is a great game, apart from woool its the only game i got addicted too, played official for over 3-4 years then moved to private servers, back in the day it was epic, PVP was just.....INSANE!

1 memory from Myth of soma and that was hitting Angel then 5minutes later i went back down to Victorious (i think thats what it was lol) i was so gutted :blush:.

Think its called Virtiorse or something along those lines i no it begins with virt, :P yeh i was also addicted back in the day, i first started playing mir when it came out then moved onto soma, played a few charcters back then one being mung (got banned for cliffing :P ) then namtara which we multied abit. Good times though.

Anyone post some videos or screenies? Interested to see what this looks like.
/Nymph

Tbh mir looks better all in all, but i found soma to be much more addictive, you could be a war/mage etc, it all depends on what you use during a level, say you kill mobs with a axe you'd gain strenth and hp that level but if you done magic youd gain inteligence and mp, if you mixed levels youd gain both but not get much hp or mp so each level youd have to do either a strenth/dex (axe,sword,spear,bow,knuckle) to gain as much hp as possiable, or do magic a whole level. I found it worked so well.

Just checked somadev webby and seems to be beta yet again, but as been said thats been going on for years so i don't hold much hope on there being a final release for it, hope i'm wrong though.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
This is what Soma has turned into now.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4d-zV41ZNo&feature=related[/ame]

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Sanity, do you know the guy who runs that server? If you do is he Scottish?

Some guy called Remix, no idea tbh. I remember his servers from back in the day, always had a ganja neon logo lol.

I might have a crack at this test server if anyone eles is up for it.

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Ayt thats him used to now him from years ago, right stoner good guy though had some very funny laughs with him on vent/teamspeak.

Aye think that would be a good idea Sanity.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Isn't it Droiyan lol. Had a good wee play at that game aswell, another I quite liked. Xander interested in playing or running an MOS server.

Either :P i've checked the source these guys have released it's coded in C++. Not my area might be able to use it to convert to C# though. Myth of Soma had great gameplay and slightly worse gfx than mir. PvP was awesome!

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Either :P i've checked the source these guys have released it's coded in C++. Not my area might be able to use it to convert to C# though. Myth of Soma had great gameplay and slightly worse gfx than mir. PvP was awesome!

Well let me know if you do start putting anything in motion and I'll see if I can be of help at all, got a notion to play some soma lol!