New Eden V2.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey Nightscare,

I've not played tao in over 5 years and I'm not trying to start a 10 page 'taos need balancing blah blah' flame here.

Just wanted to mention that when playing tao for about 6 hours or so it was a slow grind of luring mobs, poison each mob 2-3 times before it dies and repeat, while using pet. I got to level 18 and found 69 lesser soul shards in total.

I played wizard for literally 30 minutes and was level 12 as I 1-2 hit most things to start with in starter kit. I had firewall and lightning by level 10 also. I made a massive lure in a cave in Eden (glowing blue mobs, cant remember which) and had 29 lesser soul shards by the time I logged. That seems like a lot of progress for half hour against tao.

I know taos are grindy so just wondered when they get their next pet or mass attack? Not moaning at all by the way!! I think this servers gunna be great, really hope it gets a good count.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Hey Nightscare,

I've not played tao in over 5 years and I'm not trying to start a 10 page 'taos need balancing blah blah' flame here.

Just wanted to mention that when playing tao for about 6 hours or so it was a slow grind of luring mobs, poison each mob 2-3 times before it dies and repeat, while using pet. I got to level 18 and found 69 lesser soul shards in total.

I played wizard for literally 30 minutes and was level 12 as I 1-2 hit most things to start with in starter kit. I had firewall and lightning by level 10 also. I made a massive lure in a cave in Eden (glowing blue mobs, cant remember which) and had 29 lesser soul shards by the time I logged. That seems like a lot of progress for half hour against tao.

I know taos are grindy so just wondered when they get their next pet or mass attack? Not moaning at all by the way!! I think this servers gunna be great, really hope it gets a good count.

The tao pets AOE, but i believe the issue lies in their dc scales with your sc (10 sc means 10dc) but sc is always alot lower than dc. So could just need a slight increase in source.

ill have a gander when get home From work.

thanks for feedback.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
No worries dude, I'm loving the skeles AOE attack but it was averaging about 6-7 damage on mobs, I could use red poison to bump this to 10-15 damage but it was difficult to lock onto mobs standing next to it while In a big lure.

Also, are taos limited to one pet? Or is it 1 skele one shinny or deva or whatever the next pet is?

Forgot to mention, damage taken by wizzy is about right I think (only reached lvl 12). I died in the temple in Eden after 4 hits, given that the temple had no ranged mobs and large corridors that seems about right.

Cheers,

Northend

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 19, 2017
Started to play this over the weekend, loving it! Can't wait to get home and help to continue testing stuff :D

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hows the boss testing coming along? Didn't get a chance to help you but mrs is out tonight so should have time - on my level 12 wiz :hopelessness:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
theres an NPC ingame now to lvl u to 25 with all the gear/spells to be able to test bosses lad

---------- Post Merged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Good amount of testing going into this , be nice if could get a couple more to try some of the group bosses out.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Server has rebooted randomly again (Blue screen)

Have passed it to the dedi company to fix, best to get it fixed now before we go live.

Will be offline till they sort it out.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Server down? Or is there a new IP or something?

Server has rebooted randomly again (Blue screen)

Have passed it to the dedi company to fix, best to get it fixed now before we go live.

Will be offline till they sort it out, I think their just gonna set me up a new Box.

Blue screen is 99% of time hardware related.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Gives me a chance to re-do all the drops.

After some extensive testing yesterday , the item progression curve is a little too harsh.

---------- Post Merged at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Server back online.

Can people let me know if they can connect?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Bit of a set back tonight (my PC had a fit), But I have re-do the drops for All Eden Bosses/Subs, this is live now, will be doing the rest tomorrow.

Along with a few other much needed changes.

Going to put the next stage of beta on hold, as these new changes will need to be tested.

Elseani0

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 7, 2014
Text doesnt appear when creating an account and ingame the test and gui doesnt line up. tried 2 resolutions. Something I'm missing?

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Text doesnt appear when creating an account and ingame the test and gui doesnt line up. tried 2 resolutions. Something I'm missing?
this happend to me. had to change full screen mode to= false and play in windowed ;/ try it should help you to see what your doing atleast

Last edited:

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Its due to latest windows update, only fix is roll back to before last update or play in windowed till windows do a fix.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Has been a reboot tonight, following changes

- Eden Province drop files overhauled - Made the progression easier, tweaked and made each file individual.
- God system overhauled for eden - you will see npc on 1st floor of each cave
- Caves re-ordered, each cave now does something different, exp/gold/bossess ect. Up to you to figure out which is which.
- Subs./Bosses now give Exp (Around 20k for a sub, 100k for a boss)

Suspending next Beta stage as I could really do with a few off you logging on and re-testing Eden Province Subs ect and giving feedback on the progression curve now, compared to before.

---------- Post Merged on 15-06-2018 at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 13-06-2018 at 09:45 PM ----------

It's so hard to get good testers now days.

Need some feedback/testing or not gonna get anywhere ¬_¬

---------- Post Merged on 16-06-2018 at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 15-06-2018 at 06:21 PM ----------

More changes today to drops/bosses - Eden/Serpents Boss had their AC/AMC Stages removed.
New Item specifications LesserRare/SuperiorRare LesserLegendary/SuperiorLegendary - This is to make way for level 38+ content.

I really need people to log on and test the progression now, compared to what it was before at the start. Have been alot of changes since then.

Last edited:

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Will test it out tomorrow, I still found the starting area a bit extreme and way too difficult when you get teleported in by NPC, although this was a day ago.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Will test it out tomorrow, I still found the starting area a bit extreme and way too difficult when you get teleported in by NPC, although this was a day ago.

The trials? Its more for level 20+'s than pre 20's. If you went back at level 22/23 with some LesserRare kit, would probably smash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.