New Home Zone

Join Discord

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
While i was waiting for HR to come up id thought id give Map Editor anover try And this is my 2nd Map. I'm going to add more Objects and a few trees. It aint fully done yet.

The map is Y:150 X:150

Feedback/Suggestions would be great :)

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Ok i added more objetcs this is what it looks like now.

Fixed! Thanks MStation your a Star :)

Last edited:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
you need to delete the object you have placed near the corner... and if you want to add it put it slightly higher.. then reput the corner again

Thanks mate.

EDIT: Did the objects improve the map? Just wondering if i putted them in the right place :D

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
no thats not bw

but its alil big for a home zone

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
This map going to look shít in game as the objects you "putted" in dont even match the floor tiles no thought or effect has gone into this map.

-2/10 tbh...

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
What you even on about skunk? Post some of your maps... oh.....yeh...... you dont have any do you, I think your slightly jelous because it has a simular layout to the map you posted a couple of days ago.

For a second attemp at mapedit thats not a bad effort. Especially on a scale of 150 by 150. But like people said keep testing the map once you add to it, Make sure everything looks ok ingame.

6/10

Reactions: ^G0trex

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Sorry I meant he's used Bichon Wall side walls to blend in with the water :)

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
i think it looks alright, need more stuff in the big open bit, not trees tho theyre gay lol

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
the grass up to the edges will look tacky in game, as you will see it clash with the sand.

Map editor: use detail tiles to fix this there is matching grass and sand tiles to place in the sections that do not match.

tilematch.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ^G0trex

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
What you even on about skunk? Post some of your maps... oh.....yeh...... you dont have any do you, I think your slightly jelous because it has a simular layout to the map you posted a couple of days ago.

For a second attemp at mapedit thats not a bad effort. Especially on a scale of 150 by 150. But like people said keep testing the map once you add to it, Make sure everything looks ok ingame.

6/10

Lmao, Il post my maps its not a problem..
Jelous ? of what a crap make like this one ?
And please link me to where i posted my map

This map is crap how can you even mark it 6.. when objects dont even match the tiles..

Il post my maps once you showed me where i posted before ok ?

dick head

EDIT -
If you like i will even re make the above map with matching objects / tiles

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
hmm i'm i got ur name mixed with some one else my bad

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Lmao, Il post my maps its not a problem..
Jealous ? of what a crap make like this one ?
And please link me to where i posted my map

This map is crap how can you even mark it 6.. when objects don't even match the tiles..

Il post my maps once you showed me where i posted before ok ?

dick head

EDIT -
If you like i will even re make the above map with matching objects / tiles

Its not bad for second attempt using map editor, don't see why you gotta be a dick about it, give him criticism sure but why act all big headed and be a dick ? you learn the more you try so don't give up listening to idiotic people like the one above.

-Luke-

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 9, 2010
Its not bad for second attempt using map editor, don't see why you gotta be a dick about it, give him criticism sure but why act all big headed and be a dick ? you learn the more you try so don't give up listening to idiotic people like the one above.

Wrong, I only said about tiles / objects not matching up.
Then you get tits like zen who come along saying "show your maps blah blah blah" Yeah il show my maps its not a problem. Lets see the maps zen made aswell ?

I dont no what attempt this is and dont realy care either. Its a map it needs to be correct. Yes if he has just started well done as when i first started map makings christ know how many years ago i tried one of my first with water and didnt exactly work out well. But now i have no issues with any map objects tiles. But sure this map will look awfull in game.
You telling me it wont ?

He used map editor :w00t: thanks for clearing that one up.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I'm not going to be nice here.. as frankly there's nothing to say nice.. you want opinions, ill give them, and before you haters start posting, make maps to a standard, and get recognised for it, then tell me to **** off.

Its looks horrid, and the concept of using those bricked up river edges is tacky, and old. If however you made them symmetrical with a central point of interest, and branches out into regions possibly.. but then still it needs to be done symmetrically to work, with heavy detail to make it look good....

You need to work on matching your tiles as previously said, and work on layout, running from one set of shops will feel like running from BW to Oma caves!

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Ok ill delete all the objects what don't blend in well And ill fix the grass. That sand tiles look horrible for some reason. Might look good ingame. I'll take some screenies ingame. But remember this is my 2nd attemp. 1st Ettemp was 1 main town. 2nd Attemp is loads different spots. Not everyone have the map makin skills ;)

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
Not everyone have the map makin skills ;)

honestly, alot of it comes down to common sense, all the tools are there to make great maps its up to the person to know when 2 tiles don't match up, like the base of the objects have grass around them, and your map is a desert.

I see this error over and over and its really annoying that the person couldn't use their better judgement to see the fault.

just practise and be creative, and always test in game.

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
i personally dont think it matters if he has grass there(u wont notice it as much ingame), i think it looks good and different, i see ppl spending loads of time on maps and ppl saying OMGZ THATS PRO WD but then i think that maps bollox and pointless