New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Every Possible Stat or almost (I think) On 1 Item.

client2010052619281974.png

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
yes, there is a very lot of into there.. not sure if this could help but some time ago i used to make a graphic trick to make things transparent.. could you try to make a 60% opacity / 40% transparency on the black background of the box which contains the info and post an image of how it looks with some transparency? i think it would be nicer to see all that info if at the same time you can aswell have a small limited view of the background..

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
If you wanted to make the hint different, you could use some kind of tab's.

If there is to much on show.

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
jamie tbh its a good idae, but 1) what is C.resist and the other c. stuff
and u shud make it say PR and MR coz we all know what it is as it shud be on the bit that shows ur accuracy

graphite

Likes to retract PayPal transactions.
Dedicated Member
Apr 2, 2009
To Be honest, You won't ever get a box this big as you won't get every single stat on an Item :p

<-- Shade

Just a thought.. is the box design going to be staying like that? Not to be a dick.. but it looks terribely noobish. Maybe use a more cleaner interface like Mir3 official server has done for text font/colour and background?

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Looks wee bit complicated for the mir we know as just so used to it how it is and how easy it is to understand but im sure after few days most probably get used to it, all looks nice though, looks like it's progressing nicely keep up the good work.

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
I'm quite worried to be honest Jamie. Seems to me you might be putting aesthetics before the major components needed for the files to work. Hope this isn't the case!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Naa, Don't worry.

Just late updates.

Open Question:
With the Item of Stats screeny, What do you think would improve the layout?

What Colour for what, Location, Hide /Show stats, Stat Order, Shift to Show XYZ Stats etc etc.

figured I should seek outside opinions

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I think what someone above said was true.

It's different from Mir but i'm sure it's easy to get use to once you been using it for a few days. Only real problem i have with that is the Elements.

It makes the box go really wide, could you perhaps use the images of the elements instead of the name or perhaps shorten the names to single letters?

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Could have a menu where you can tick boxes to show if you want to see refines etc.

Or have several pages, And you can click to next/prev page of stats, bit like character screen but alot smaller.

HellsFire

LOMCN Leecher
Nov 17, 2008
Yep, elemental images would be best, but then a lot of people would complain about not knowing which image is what lol. Can't make it a tooltip on the images as it's already a MouseOver, and too much info for purely text.

Just thought I'd throw that in, food for thought.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Btw Jamie maybe add more item types ? Trinkets/Wrist/Waist/Legs/Shoulder ?

I think that could cause unbalance lol, having too many items means more stats, even if you lower the stats wouldn't really work.

Would make finding single items make very small difference

Yep, elemental images would be best, but then a lot of people would complain about not knowing which image is what lol. Can't make it a tooltip on the images as it's already a MouseOver, and too much info for purely text.

Just thought I'd throw that in, food for thought.

Well if people don't know what element it is, they can put it on and check their stats, the appropriate image should pop up with +1 or something

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Please for **** sake, dont change the interface at all

Its perfect as it is

that would look horriable for items layout ect.#

Mirs 2 has the best interface, for how ur items look in F10 ext,

dont change it to the crappy mir 3 one..

Its Mir2, Not mir 3.

If ur codeing a mir 3 server, **** off to the mir 3 section.

God annoys me wen ppl change the interface ¬_¬.

rofl love ur FPS Rate btw. suprised u can move.

Apart from that it looks good, except for ur FPS Rate, if i had an fps rate of 830, id delete the game from my computer
especially as ur playing of the machine ur hosting it on, ur meant to have a better fps/ping then aswell...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.