New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
some of those lights would be great for dungeon effects =) You should include it if you ever make a map maker.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i like the colours but personally i'm too used with the last one that i wouldn't cave but probably as suggested it would be nice in some dungeons to have different light effects..

another idea could be adding a special field to choose the light colour in the mapinfo.txt.. so that the colour is changable and it is not only setted by the mapmaker

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
How about this.

Radio One in the background, and its not as jittery as the video looks. (Its really smooth ingame)
[Youtube]PYggJnb9eSs[/youtube]

Advent

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2010
Gradual sunset and sunrise. Sick!

Beats the hell out of Mirs God flicking the light on an off.

x

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
i like the colours but personally i'm too used with the last one that i wouldn't cave but probably as suggested it would be nice in some dungeons to have different light effects..

The coloured ones should probably be used to enhance spell gfx. So FireWall has an orange glow around it. FC has a blue glow that tracks the screen with it, etc.

Best use of them imo.

p

Last edited:

GOMEEE

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
i think the blue is abit dark tbh.

lovin the sunrise/set. i think it would be good to have the torches/wings fade as the dura goes down aswell.

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
i think the blue is abit dark tbh.

lovin the sunrise/set. i think it would be good to have the torches/wings fade as the dura goes down aswell.

that sounds like a good idea to me about the torches/wings. makes it easier to tell when there dura is getting low :P

With regards to spells, will you be fixing the buggy ones from mir 3? Like Stunning which doesnt work at level 4-5, that sort of thing?

Also, will you be getting rid of the poison bug that makes para ineffective?

Also, pet spells, Skelly, Shinsoo and JinSkeleton etc, will you be able to use Skelly and Shinsoo together? As obviously cant use them together in mir 3 at the moment. Would be nice to be able to use both really until you get JinSkeleton.

Just remembered one of the other things I was going to ask, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you might be setting fields in the mons database to control para resistance etc, will they be seperate fields for each resistance? And going further with this, would it be possible to add an option to add para/poision resistance as a hermit option?

One more thing. items like Para, Pro and Revival rings are set by shape at the moment, would it be possible to maybe add a seperate field in the database for Para, Pro and Revival function or maybe a shape 1, and shape 2 and possibly shape 3 field? If people wanted to use just one function could put 0 in the other 2 shape fields as long as shape 1 is set :P If you released the files could make for some interesting items if gm's could combine the special functions in items :P I know its probably more work, but would certainly be a nice change to mir as some people like to have a para and pro, or pro and revival etc, this means you could still have a ring slot free :P

Oh one last thing, will it be possible to add some more advanced refines into the weapon refine system? Ok having options for Dc/Sc/Mc/Element & Dura is ok, but to add poison, critical hit etc would be a nice option for advanced refines :P

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Since these files are from scratch, The glitches / bugs you mentions do not exist and never have existed, About the Special effects... That's been taken care of, I can have currently 16 different special effects in one item... I can increase this to 32 or 64 at a push of a few buttons, but 16 seemed enough

I am also not bound the the limitations your used to, If I wanted I could add spells up to level 100... well actually I could add spells that go way past the 2Billionth Level... but that's OTT :p

Yes there are fields in the database to do almost everything with.

All Elements (7) Attack/Resistance/Vulnerability.
Poison/Cripple/Magic Resist. etc etc etc

Edit:
Torches:
100% Dura= 100% Brightness
99% Dura = 99% Brightness
90% Dura = 90% Brightness

You get the point.. :p

Last edited:

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Thanks for the reply. I have got to say, sounds better every time I read this! really cant wait for a playable beta its gonna be epic lol

Oerot

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 11, 2010
With these files, it just seems you can add whatever the hell you want into the mix.

Like changing the colour of mobs pretty easily. Or making them change colour as they die/get angrier. Also I'm guessing you'll be able to add bosses that take different strategies to kill. I wouldn't mind seeing all bosses recoded so that they give people a new challenge or them having beefed up effects (like when Zuma summons his minions, having them use special effects when spawning instead of just spawning).

Also I was thinking the different torch colours could be used as a skill. Like assassin's have the green version that allows them to see in the dark, but nobody else can see their torch radius.

I know it would probably leave you open to a lot of work, but maybe when you're nearing completion, opening a suggestions page where people can submit ideas they might like to see (and that can be implemented).

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
There is a suggestion section in my siggy link.

About that Sin Torch, I already have something in the works.

More expensive then a regular torch that only your allies (People you can't hit) can see.

I am changing the Attack Mode design.

You can will be able to set what you want to attack.
Example:
Attack Guild Yes/No
Attack Group Yes/No
Attack Allies Yes/No
Attack Red/Brown/Yellow/White...
Attack Someone with the Name beginning with 'J' and ends with 'e' (This one isn't real).

Etc etc etc.

Anyone you can't hit can see your torch (with the special torch).

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
It's all a good read but tbh not everything goes as smoothly as you'd wish it too, as other servers have found out, i know your coding from scrach but still theres bugs to be found out and there willl be some if not more, but you tallk like you know what your doing so were just have to wait and see what your beta test shall be like, and what actuall improvments have been made. Looking forward to seeing this froom whaat yyou posted heree and on other server threads. Ps. goood work on what you done so far but lets not get ott on something that aint out yet, don't go ott on epectations if you can't fullfilll them :) buy in all honesty i hope and wish you do, but were just have to wait and see.... pissed also so sorry for spelling :)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
It's all a good read but tbh not everything goes as smoothly as you'd wish it too, as other servers have found out, i know your coding from scrach but still theres bugs to be found out and there willl be some if not more, but you tallk like you know what your doing so were just have to wait and see what your beta test shall be like, and what actuall improvments have been made. Looking forward to seeing this froom whaat yyou posted heree and on other server threads. Ps. goood work on what you done so far but lets not get ott on something that aint out yet, don't go ott on epectations if you can't fullfilll them :) buy in all honesty i hope and wish you do, but were just have to wait and see.... pissed also so sorry for spelling :)
I Know what you mean,

But I have yet to mention something that can't be coded :)

I am thinking about leaving the server up more often and release the new client for those who want to test the create account / character. (I am not allowing people ingame yet) :p

ChiliPepper

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Dec 26, 2003
If you do keep your source closed, would you consider perhaps allowing someway for people to have additional coded AIs created by them read by the server. And also the same for the client side of things.

Not just for monsters but also Item Sets, Spells, etc. It would give each server a more unique feel.

Oerot

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 11, 2010
I was further thinking about the extra resolution issues and how to balance.

There should be something like a PVP outline (optional to turn on/off) that shows you the border of PVP combat. If you are outside of this range, then it's impossible to attack or be attacked, there could also be a little cross or ( / ) sign if you are on an attack mode and trying to hit someone outside of this range.

For monsters this border could be the same, but going any further an the damage starts to dramatically drop off. So you could hit something from afar, but it wouldn't give you any advantages. Then there is a outer limit that you can see what is happening beyond, but only the graphics... so you wouldn't be able to see any names. Think this would also help with guild hunts, so you can see what people are generally upto, and if the leader has a huge monitor, he'll be able to monitor a lot of the map (only if it's lit up by others torches).

To perhaps counter the people on small resolutions being stalked by people with an advantage, giving them the option to turn on the ability to see who is outside of the resolution range (but only seeing the names around the edges if they are actually entitled to see them).

Also to prevent people walling easier, AI could generally be improved to walk around obstacles if there is a route, or try to force their way through.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
I'm confused about the multiple character's with same name thing. I don't like it at all. This is an MMORPG. You're playing your own character's. They should have individual names. Just unncecessary imo.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
I'm confused about the multiple character's with same name thing. I don't like it at all. This is an MMORPG. You're playing your own character's. They should have individual names. Just unncecessary imo.

I dont get why they would need individual names?? =S seems like a good idea to be honest. Id prefer to call all my chars Omen if I could... just keeps things simple to be honest.

On top of this, I think in your account you should have a shared storage for all the chars on your account, and all chars on the account can retreive items from TM as well as the cash from sold items.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Thanks for the Idea of "Account" Storage / "Account" TM. I think I'll implement these rather then character Specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.