Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
in a way this is a fun story but:
if you want: just go to any local lawyer and sue 'luke' for spreading personal info (+ anyone who wants to can sue luke in the future if they happen to get that ip lol, since ip's arent linked to actual users )
not to mention you can sue lomcn for not taking down this topic :p

aka: it's stupid to post these things with stuff like ip's cause
- an ip is not a direct link to a person < these things change and you're basicaly 'insulting' anyone who gets the ip assigned to them
- you never even bothered to validate the ip (aka if he gave you a fake ip/ the ip of someone else > you just gave that person a bad name
- you never gave any proof of the ragequit/giving away items (so technicaly all you're doing is proving he gets upset and threatens with dos attacks if he doesnt get what he wants) < this is basicaly what 90% of the lom ppl do and even done it to euromir (with success) lol
- you're breaking a couple of privacy laws by posting it on a public forum (although i'm not 100% sure but, it's similar to ppl posting dashcam footage on youtube: they get sued and ...)

Last edited by a moderator:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
if you want: just go to any local lawyer and sue 'luke' for spreading personal info (+ anyone who wants to can sue luke in the future if they happen to get that ip lol, since ip's arent linked to actual users )

- an ip is not a direct link to a person < these things change and you're basicaly 'insulting' anyone who gets the ip assigned to them
- you never even bothered to validate the ip (aka if he gave you a fake ip/ the ip of someone else > you just gave that person a bad name
- you never gave any proof of the ragequit/giving away items (so technicaly all you're doing is proving he gets upset and threatens with dos attacks if he doesnt get what he wants) < this is basicaly what 90% of the lom ppl do and even done it to euromir (with success) lol
- you're breaking a couple of privacy laws by posting it on a public forum (although i'm not 100% sure but, it's similar to ppl posting dashcam footage on youtube: they get sued and ...)

There's a reason most websites (Reddit etc) don't allow witch hunting. Removed your post Luke, I've no doubt you're telling the truth but it's a slippery slope and it's not worth the hassle it can cause nowadays

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

There's a reason most websites (Reddit etc) don't allow witch hunting. Removed your post Luke, I've no doubt you're telling the truth but it's a slippery slope and it's not worth the hassle it can cause nowadays

Did you two wake up in Narnia this morning?

TD you've contradicted yourself in the first sentence by calling an IP "personal info" and then pointing out they aren't linked to anyone in particular.

Posting an IP here is not illegal, when you sign up to this forum you give our staff consent to see it and effectively do as they please with it. Some forums even publicly display your IP when you post; always read the T's & C's.

Naming and shaming is one of the little defences we have against lowlifes like this who jeopardise our servers, or even threaten to.

Milo this is what the admin section is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.