Project69 has been online 10 years today

smoochy boys on tour

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
However tempting it may seem I just don't see the point in "upgrading" only to be locked out of the source code once again like TD did, and have the coders ideals forced on you, its bad for business and it gives me a headache. Not that I don't think you work is really impressive, or anyone else's for that matter.

Thanks guys. Here's to 10 more.

Gratz on the 10years, still a cracking server.

Are there any plans to open a second server?
With a fresh start I mean. leaving the older players on the original server and have new people playing at the same levels on the new...

I know i'm not the only one who has entertained this idea in the past with the amount of unsuccesful and boring servers around these days.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
worlds laziest GM u pretty much abandoned the server for years. yes for the first 2 years u had a good server my first p server and it was great but then u got just got lazy.

whats the user count at now and i dont mean the 20 odd accounts sat in SZ all day not moving
Yeah, really lazy. Keeping a server online for 10 years is exactly what I would call lazy.

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007
wonder how much money hes made from all the silly donations ie lvls ect ....stupid prices but some rish fk would pay :P,,, graz anyways scorp

UniTY

O.G.
VIP
Apr 29, 2003
Florida, USA
I can respect the fact you've been operating one that long. And all those mir players paying for your doctorate and all ;) Just kidding obviously. Either way, good stuff. I've been playing on mir2forever as it's pretty tame and similar to EuroMir, has a decent usercount, and doesn't have power trips going on. Not to say yours does, but I'm thankful for a clean server running (somewhat a dream I had years ago.) Different strokes for different folks I imagine.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
Was the first p server i ever played lol almost 10 years ago... I keep meaning to pop back on and see how things have changed. Well done m8 its some achievement.

ViperNight

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2012
Congratulations. Its an achievement hopefully you also made some cash to repay you for your efforts.

UnseenPower

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2003
Pretty impressive stat. I recall hearing of it, but was on Ragezone and Euro only..

zeo
UnseenSpirit

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
how much money did you make :P

i must be reachin like 7-8 year mark for "running servers", but none of my servers last more than 2years, as theres not much point, ppl wanted fresh 1s!

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
how much money did you make :P

i must be reachin like 7-8 year mark for "running servers", but none of my servers last more than 2years, as theres not much point, ppl wanted fresh 1s!

Not enough :).

Did you not start in like 2007/8? So more like 5 years :P Your as bad as Lapta apparently mir revenge is "the longest Running Mir Server outside of Asia", cute o.O

Joking aside yeah I agree P69 probably peaked at 2-3 years. Its not easy keeping people interested after that and attracting new players is almost impossible

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
At least I didn't abandon it...

Did you know Project69 has:
120+ Bosses + sub-bosses
30+ Full item sets for each class (so 90+ sets plus just as many non-set items)
150+ Quests (to aid you through the game)
200+ Achievements (earned as you play)

I went insane from the players after the first couple of years >_<

In all honesty 10 years for this? This isnt a moan , its constructive criticism take it or leave it, but you should have far more on the server if you've spent 10 years on it.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
In all honesty 10 years for this? This isnt a moan , its constructive criticism take it or leave it, but you should have far more on the server if you've spent 10 years on it.

Well I don't disagree when you put both facts next to each other they don't look great :P I was hoping no-one would bring that up..

In my defence I have never added content for the sake of it, its not a throw away server as you are aware. And there are limitations on content in terms of available graphics data. I try to give everything meaning otherwise I am just wasting my time. If you consider the fact the top level is 125 and around 90% of active players are level 110 or less - plus the start level for the server was 33 - then the content density is pretty high across the levels.

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
The only problem with this server is that new users are pretty much on their own after the tutorial.
The community is long standing and so tight knit you have to grin and bare the steady rate at which your progress to even be considered amongest the guild or gameplay aspect that are the most fun.

But its an amazing achievement and im sure an amazing server, not that I ever reached above level 60.
I tried to return but alas, my previous explanations deterred me from staying.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Not enough :).

Did you not start in like 2007/8? So more like 5 years :P Your as bad as Lapta apparently mir revenge is "the longest Running Mir Server outside of Asia", cute o.O

Joking aside yeah I agree P69 probably peaked at 2-3 years. Its not easy keeping people interested after that and attracting new players is almost impossible
hahaha ye i know!!! that made me laugh when some1 told me that on MSN the other day.

Ur probably right i prob started more 2007, i dont rly remember.

Hmm let me think
OS was about 2 years, then 4heros HR was abotu 2 years, 4heros LR was about a year, and current 3heros has been up about a year or more.. so ye about 5-6 years i been doing it.

As for everyone moaning about him takin a break, so wot, u need a break when u gotta deal with a bunch of moaners.. least the server didnt close.

laptas full of **** as well, hes wiped his server like 2 or 3 times? but he prob dont count that as "reseting" :P

ne way, personally i think runnin a server for 10 years is a bad idea, no1s goin to join the server cause ur so far behind.. u dont need to have a server online for x amount of years to prove ur stable... ive had 4-5 servers and proved my servers have stability, but when they have run their course, ill just do a new 1 - as its wot everyone wants

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Personally if i knew a server that came out today and was going to last 10 years i would play it, aslong as it was a euro copy anyway, these high rate servers are just poo imo.

Good work on keeping it for 10 years though.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
euro was 1 of the worse servers/games ive ever played, it had no support and no update/content.. it was only the community that made it good - which will never come back.