RADS error?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
This happens when I launch the game (on my new pc -_-)

Can't find any answers for it! any ideas?

Attachments

• lolrads.png
    lolrads.png
    43 KB · Views: 37

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yes I turned firewalls off, installed DirectX 9 and .Net Framework 4.0, restarted computer, restarted router, the lot

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
LoL forum not sure if it'll work.

Hi!

I have spent all day trying to solve the RADS problem.
Now when the client is "RADS"* there is gonna be problems for all who install:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows 7 x64-based Systems (KB982670)

Do not install this until it's solved by the Riot team.
If you have it installed and you cant start the launcher do this:

Control Panel --> Uninstall programs ----> Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile --> Uninstall

PS. this is only if you use x64 Windows 7 (if you dont know you prob dont have it).

* Rapid application development: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_application_development

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Tried repairing the files at all assuming you can open the client to the launcher at least if so then press the cog in the top right corner and run the repair tool then try.

/Zelda

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Tried repairing the files at all assuming you can open the client to the launcher at least if so then press the cog in the top right corner and run the repair tool then try.

/Zelda

no the launcher does not load. logo appears and then it goes and the error pops up. i tried the repairer from the installer though, to no avail of course

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=ja

Download this shiz i seen on google people said it worked for them... Fk noes why it has to be Japanese version though.

strange :s ive n0t seen anything about this one. ill try it when i get home but n0t getting my hopes up lol

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
tried everything you normally would. tons of ppl having the same problem in the past on the lol forums, zero answers, zero responses from staff, all saying fresh installs didnt work etc. i sent a ticket earlier but judging from the lack of answers on forum (youd think other ppl submitted tickets and at least one wouldve updated the forum with an answer) am not feelin too hopeful :s

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Definitely your PC then, reinstall LoL.

Also, what firewall software is your PC running & how is your PC connected to the router?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Reinstalling means downloading again -_- ugh

Windows Firewall and MSSE. Tried turning them both off. Wireless.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Okay then, perhaps it's the router... are any specific ports open for your laptop?

Dunno why I'm asking this though I have a feeling you'll have no idea what I'm on about.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
omg you think i'm some kind of total idiot! I think I may have opened a couple of ports for mirserver stuff. I'll check now. Also tried ethernet btw and still same.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
I kinda jumped the gun on the whole saying you're an idiot thing I admit, but what I was going to ask after you replied was that if your laptop was set up to a static IP on the router (192.168.x.x) - if so you could try connecting the PC through that IP and see if that works... it would save you rooting about and seeing which ports you have open for your laptop.

I genuinely couldn't think of anything else after that.

If it's not the firewall on the PC or the router then it's the installation (either Windows or LoL) - and I'm assuming your Windows installation is fresh.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
nah it would appear i haven't forwarded any ports. Gonna try reinstalling LoL.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Reinstall worked it's patching now, why didn't i just do that in the first place? lol