RIFT - The Rift Of Telara

smoochy boys on tour

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
when is this being released i dont really play betas anymore

No announcement has been made yet for release date, rumor going round saying it's March though, but some sites have pre-order dates at Jan-Feb.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
If anybody is actually wanting to play the Closed BETA's (As the game doesn't release till Q1 of 2011, meaning between Jan and Mar lol, most prob March lol), then the best way to get a VIP ALL Beta Access Key Code, is to join the RIFT Group on Facebook/Twitter.

They usually post a weekly advert along the lines of post this on your status to help get support to fend off future '@RIFTS'.

Obviously where @Rift is, would link to the rift group you have joined. I did it myself for about 2 days and got 2 VIP Keys lol.

Anyways, pre-warning, this is CLOSED Beta, they have made it abundently clear that a wipe will happen before the official beta testing world wide. Although gamers should already know this as i've yet to play a CB where theres been no wiping of the characters lol.

PvP i cannot yet comment as it has been disabled during the last 3 tests, i believe due to the fact they are clearing the PvE tests first because you spend the first 15-20 levels doing Rift/Invasion attacks. But as for PvE, it is actually quite brilliant, massive customisation of the classes unlike i've seen before (Honest!), non stop action even during boring run around quests. Example, i was heading to and from NPCs and about half way through i found i was in the middle of 6 invasion groups walking to 1 location from different directions...soon brightened up my quest, safe to say i didn't survive, but it was fun :P

But trust me, you cannot walk anywhere through the planes without encountering at least 1 invasion group and 1 RIFT, there is always action going on, and i'm sure when PvP becomes available to test the action will be hectic

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Im just havin problems which souls to get to become a strong powerful mage.. I cba readin all there strengths and weaknesses. Atm im a WarLock, Necromancer & Elementalist. These aint bad i guess. I could easly take 3 mobs at once if i dont get touched much and pet does. But i get owned by invasion because they all charge at you if you hit 1 :( Unless this happens to other people without a group or guild?

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Im just havin problems which souls to get to become a strong powerful mage.. I cba readin all there strengths and weaknesses. Atm im a WarLock, Necromancer & Elementalist. These aint bad i guess. I could easly take 3 mobs at once if i dont get touched much and pet does. But i get owned by invasion because they all charge at you if you hit 1 :( Unless this happens to other people without a group or guild?

Think invasions are ment for groups lol, i watched a video of one and it looked cool but never seen people fighting them.

I get my computer in a few days whoop!, not heard many bad reports about this game so may be the one for 2011 :D, am sick of playing f2p games now.

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
could you open more than one game on rift ? as im looking to multibox when it comes out and also is there a macro system for /follow /assist ect

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
RIFT has all the basic tools for make PvP/PvE easier.

E.g.
Your targets, target

Follow

Smart Target (Allows the system to determine for you what your spells will be casted on, i have yet to test this myself as its not really my way of playing, but i believe it's something like when you use a healing spell, it will target another player or a group member, and an attack will be used on a mob)

Cast on targets, target (Allows you to cast heals on the player the mob is targeting and attacks on the mob, this also includes yourself)

I'm sure theres a lot more of the other traditional ones, but i only had 2 days to test lol

Think invasions are ment for groups lol, i watched a video of one and it looked cool but never seen people fighting them.

I get my computer in a few days whoop!, not heard many bad reports about this game so may be the one for 2011 :D, am sick of playing f2p games now.

Invasions are solo-able, just like the Rifts are too.

But Invasions, some of them aren't as there are Elite groups walking around, anyone who can take 5 i think? Elites at once deserves a medal lol, but normal Invasion groups you can solo yourself. But i have found there actually easier to kill when they create a foothold, as when you destroy the foothold Planar they all die lol, can also work on the Elite groups, but you'd have to be quick in destroying it before the Elites destroy you :P

Oh and calling for assistance from your chosen faction can also help you out, i can't remember what the items called, but you get them from Rifts and you can call Defiant/Guardian Invasions to assist you to attack a foothold

Omega

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2010
Trion Worlds and the Rift development team have announced that the fourth beta event will begin on January 7th with a level cap increase to 25 and the opening of the PvP 'Warfront' maps. In addition, players participating in the beta event will have the opportunity to win a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.

I really want to beta this but not got a code yet.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Congratulations!
You've been selected to participate in this weekend's RIFT™ beta event!

The RIFT beta continues this weekend with our next beta event, Warfronts, set to begin Friday, Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:00am PST (18:00 GMT), and run through 10:00am PST (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Jan. 10, 2011.

Follow these instructions to join this beta event:

1. Sign into your Trion Worlds account and click the "Read and agree to EULA" link.

2. Read the EULA and then click the "Agree" button.

3. Click the "Download RIFT beta" button from your account page

If you already have the RIFT beta client installed, just log in and update. There's no need to download again.

As you play RIFT, make sure to visit the beta forums and tell us what you think.

Woot but the sad thing is i only just noticed the e-mail and it ends in the morning lol, does anyone know if there will be more phases after this one? so i can keep the game downloading and saved. 7.44GB = gosh.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
didnt relise this was such a wanted game, been getting beta key invites from them for around a year... lol if anyone wants to use my account, i think its active like every weekend or something drop us a pm/email and ill try dig out my account for ya.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Had a hour to play today and it's pretty good, not played enough to actually but a mark on it but so far it's good. Graphics and animation is great.

Few screens
rift.png

rift2.png

rift3.png

Cba2KillU

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
graphics n lighting effects look so gd better then aion.

playd it for like 15 minz but was on sons account n his pc aint to gd with graphics

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Major copying from WoW but which game aint these days, other than the massively improved graphics I think it could be quite gd

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I've got an invitation to this weeks beta event now, anyone else? Don't reckon my laptop will keep up with it though

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
NTM3-RJXW-KNKQ-KDMM-QYGN

This VIP code has 23 uses left if anyone wants to use it, I got it emailed to me because I subscribed to the newsletter a while ago. It allows you to participate in any of the remaining beta events.

Last edited:

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Beta 5 closing today, think its open for 3 days next week though.

Game is pretty good, really enjoying it. The class system especially is really good, heavily customisable. Got myself both DPS & tank setups for my warrior, can switch between them if and when needed. Just what mmos needed imo.

Got a spare key thats good for 20 uses or so. Think you'll need to wait until todays beta closes before you can use it though.

FQ39-9UEU-FCDK-7GT5-AK4Y