Sacred Mir (Heroes) Discussion Thread

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
heres an idea guys... stop going on like a bunch of ****ing nerds. lol at the end of the day Todd is stopping people having an unfair advantage over others, its his server so i dont see a problem with this?
This actually happened by the way... im running in a straight line and someone is running behind me, is then able to catch up and tdb when im still running does this seem fair lol?
So heres the thing i really dont understand, all you tweakers are able to go beyond every1 elses speeds but yet somehow cant configure your PCs back to a normal level? i sense this is because theres nothing in it for you?

Lastly, any1 who is isnt involved in this - im having fun on this server so dont let the minoritys ruin it for everyone, surely if no1 liked the server there wudnt be an average count of 20?

Reactions: warblade

warblade

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2011
heres an idea guys... stop going on like a bunch of ****ing nerds. lol at the end of the day Todd is stopping people having an unfair advantage over others, its his server so i dont see a problem with this?
This actually happened by the way... im running in a straight line and someone is running behind me, is then able to catch up and tdb when im still running does this seem fair lol?
So heres the thing i really dont understand, all you tweakers are able to go beyond every1 elses speeds but yet somehow cant configure your PCs back to a normal level? i sense this is because theres nothing in it for you?

Lastly, any1 who is isnt involved in this - im having fun on this server so dont let the minoritys ruin it for everyone, surely if no1 liked the server there wudnt be an average count of 20?

+1

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND

No, what todd is doing is not stopping people having an unfair advantage, the sooner he sees that the better. Like I've already explained, playing on W7 left me with 20FPS, 90% of the server was faster than me, it was simply unplayable. I switched to XP with ACPI, no other tweaks what so ever and now I'm faster than 90% of the server. I can't adjust my speed level otherwise, that is the only two options open to me.

If someone is cheating of course, ban them, but to insist certain people are allowed to use XP and others aren't makes no sense.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
No, what todd is doing is not stopping people having an unfair advantage, the sooner he sees that the better. Like I've already explained, playing on W7 left me with 20FPS, 90% of the server was faster than me, it was simply unplayable. I switched to XP with ACPI, no other tweaks what so ever and now I'm faster than 90% of the server. I can't adjust my speed level otherwise, that is the only two options open to me.

If someone is cheating of course, ban them, but to insist certain people are allowed to use XP and others aren't makes no sense.

you could always tweak to the max and walk not run? :) haha sorry dude i do much prefer todds way of handling it, rather than mir chronicles which is to pretend its not a problem

On another note --- If someone is speed hacking and going faster than everyone, and someone is tweaking and going faster than everyone, whats the difference?

Last edited:

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Ofcourse you prefer it, less opposition playing means you can have a lovely carebear server with everyone in the same guild. Im slower than most and still kill you so it doesnt matter about speed. Whats really sad is for Todds work to be a waste as the majority(PK guild, lol btw as they fear PK more than any guild iv ever seen), which is only a majority cause they all obviously agree with eachother(By this i mean !~Every1 pm Todd about their speed, this was evident as even i got a complaint....) have clearly complained to him so much that hes had to resort to banning them. Not sure whats more pathetic, cheaters or defeatists crying for a savior and wanting people banned.

Last edited:

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012

Im playing on w7 and it's not unplayable...ask pork and tangod they tried to pk me in bdd. Made pork tt even tho im on w7 and he was on xp acpi'd . But yea.. its abit frustrating fighting some1 faster thn u. I could too dual boot my pc to tiny xp , make few reg tweaks , or run it in a vm and skip on ya screens but what for? So todd can ban me? No ty lol

Adv

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Just logged on and saw people who have been banned for actually hacking still playing (Atleast 3 people in sz). Using chars with names that have accents and ****, so that Todd cant @regoto them to discover them cheating, again. Where did it all go wrong..

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Installing Windows XP with ACPI is an option open to everybody on the server. People have different PC's and different lines, so obviously speed will differ from person to person. Certain people will always be faster than others, that is something you simply have to accept when running a Mir server.

Currently what Todd has done is remove the fastest person, wait for complaints about the next fastest person and remove him. What then? Continue to do so until there is 1 ridiculously slow person left?

Porkpie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 8, 2010
wot some people are not getting my pc is running xp and apci that it if u go by the way todd see,s he need,s 2 find the slowist on server and any 1 faster bann um cuz its unfair on some 1 slower

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Just need the C# files insted, seems like everyone runs the exact same speed no matter what they do on those files :P

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Installing Windows XP with ACPI is an option open to everybody on the server. People have different PC's and different lines, so obviously speed will differ from person to person. Certain people will always be faster than others, that is something you simply have to accept when running a Mir server.

Currently what Todd has done is remove the fastest person, wait for complaints about the next fastest person and remove him. What then? Continue to do so until there is 1 ridiculously slow person left?

So is running it on VM (which is faster thn tiny xp + acpi ) + tweaking registry files + o/c ur pc, but that would be sad innit?

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
This is stupid man, usercount would be hitting 30+ If todd did not banned Pork, Wond, After he done this hole of there guild has stopped playing now its just a one guild server which is ****, Todd you need to give them there char's back man they are not doing anything wrong and its fun with them on server its somebody to fight i can still hit bother of them fine, Peacemaker is just as fast as both of them yet hes still ingame ?

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
This is stupid man, usercount would be hitting 30+ If todd did not banned Pork, Wond, After he done this hole of there guild has stopped playing now its just a one guild server which is ****, Todd you need to give them there char's back man they are not doing anything wrong and its fun with them on server its somebody to fight i can still hit bother of them fine, Peacemaker is just as fast as both of them yet hes still ingame ?

I'm not banned, just been told to play on W7 rather than XP which I refuse to do. There are quite a few in game that are just as quick as me or pork yet they are allowed to continue to play. Todd needs to accept the fact that people will be different speeds on Mir, otherwise its pointless running a server.

And the reason Peacemaker is still in game is because we haven't went crying to Todd about him. I only installed XP on Friday, before that when I saw anyone such as Peacemaker I had to dodge the fight and rt. The only option todd is leaving open to me is to be slower than 90% of the server, which just isn't gonna happen. I'd rather not play at all.

Last edited:

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
I'm not banned, just been told to play on W7 rather than XP which I refuse to do. There are quite a few in game that are just as quick as me or pork yet they are allowed to continue to play. Todd needs to accept the fact that people will be different speeds on Mir, otherwise its pointless running a server.

And the reason Peacemaker is still in game is because we haven't went crying to Todd about him. I only installed XP on Friday, before that when I saw anyone such as Peacemaker I had to dodge the fight and rt. The only option todd is leaving open to me is to be slower than 90% of the server, which just isn't gonna happen. I'd rather not play at all.

i understand people are different speeds, but you and pork had speeds which meant players would be flinched even though you "missed" them on their screen and you would have already moved to dodge their melee, even though on there screen they hit you. I test everyones speeds ingame and watch ppl in observer all the time. I am not picking on individuals, only trying to bring balance to the game.

P.S only 2 people on my server has these speeds (without the use of the cheats going round currently) and they was Wond and Pork im afraid. A 3rd if you include Luke but he hardly played before he raged.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
i understand people are different speeds, but you and pork had speeds which meant players would be flinched even though you "missed" them on their screen and you would have already moved to dodge their melee, even though on there screen they hit you. I test everyones speeds ingame and watch ppl in observer all the time. I am not picking on individuals, only trying to bring balance to the game.

P.S only 2 people on my server has these speeds (without the use of the cheats going round currently) and they was Wond and Pork im afraid. A 3rd if you include Luke but he hardly played before he raged.

So what about Skepta, Gizza, Peacemaker & Swamp? If I didn't go through the hassle of installing XP then this lot would do exactly the same thing you just mentioned, flinch me from 1 step away. Are you suggested that if I go back to playing on W7 and complain about Peacemaker being too quick for me then he will be removed aswell? This is exactly what your server is going to boil down to if you continue to get so involved. People crying to you about others being faster than them and expecting you to ban them, rather than doing something about it and simply installing XP.

Its your choice in the end, but telling certain players they have no choice but to be slower than everybody else makes no sense. Someone will inventively always be the fastest on the server. Think it through for half a second.

Last edited:

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
So what about Skepta, Gizza, Peacemaker & Swamp? If I didn't go through the hassle of installing XP then this lot would do exactly the same thing you just mentioned, flinch me from 1 step away. Are you suggested that if I go back to playing on W7 and complain about Peacemaker being too quick for me then he will be removed aswell? This is exactly what your server is going to boil down to if you continue to get so involved. People crying to you about others being faster than them and expecting you to ban them, rather than doing something about it and simply installing XP.

Its your choice in the end, but telling certain players they have no choice but to be slower than everybody else makes no sense. Someone will inventively always be the fastest on the server. Think it through for half a second.

I'm not gonna lie, now you have gone i think im now the fastest and im by no means fast (or slow for that matter) Im not the kind of person to moan about speed's because i like i bit of healthy competition

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
I'm not gonna lie, now you have gone i think im now the fastest and im by no means fast (or slow for that matter) Im not the kind of person to moan about speed's because i like i bit of healthy competition

Exactly. By all means if someone is cheating then ban them, but doing so otherwise because a couple of people have cried is just silly.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
yeh as you say wond, im 100% sure he just banned people after 1 complaint. I totally agree, I meen why would he not go into observer mode and take a look first for proof?

Did any1 feel the burning sarcasm? ;)

Im no brown noser, i just agree with todd, my simple understanding is how can you tweak to become fast, but not tweak to become average speed.

Ive played mir on the same laptop for 4 years now and never had any problems, the only problem i see is when people run at a stupid speed across my screen, the other day a war in heaven armour was 6 spaces away, he ran towards me and TDB'd before i cud even rt lol

Status
Not open for further replies.