Not open for further replies.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
ImageShack isn't what it used to be. Annoying features:

1. Using their standard links, you have to click at least 3 times in order to view the image at its actual size.
  2. Many of you ignore the resize option (which is set to 15" monitor by default) therefore the images are often too small to read
  3. Many of you also just post the direct link, instead of using tags, which is annoying for quick browsing, especially in the Help sections
    [/LIST]

There are plenty of other free image upload sites to choose from, and I've tested and selected a few for you to try, instead of imageshack.

[B][URL="http://www.postimage.org"]www.postimage.org[/URL][/B]
    [B][URL="http://www.tinypic.com"]www.tinypic.com[/URL][/B] (requires Captcha (human verification) but a good site)
    [B][URL="http://www.imgur.com"]www.imgur.com[/URL][/B] (drag & drop enabled, my personal preference)

There are loads more on Google.

So please, stop using imageshack and use an alternative! And don't forget to use [IMG] tags ( [B][IMG]link[/B] ) when posting your pics.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Hone

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah it annoyed me when i had to signup to provide a direct link. no more imageshack for me.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
never had a problem with it, been a member for years.

i only need to click once after uploading, and that's to copy my direct link.

iv tried other images site and none of them have anything on imageshack.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
i need to agree , i've been using imageshack for a while but lately it became annoying as **** , thanks for alternatives !

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Just "view" your image, then right click it and either copy image URL or view image and get the URL from there.

Or yaknow... make an account.

Always used Imageshack, it's just what my fingers type when I need to host an image.

steve

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 20, 2005
Reading
Just "view" your image, then right click it and either copy image URL or view image and get the URL from there.

Or yaknow... make an account.

Always used Imageshack, it's just what my fingers type when I need to host an image.

same

never had a problem with it, been a member for years.

i only need to click once after uploading, and that's to copy my direct link.

iv tried other images site and none of them have anything on imageshack.

im
ageshack ftw

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Also, why is this in the announcement section?

People can use whatever image hosting service they want.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

This is aimed at the people who don't have an imageshack account, who don't know how to use it without requiring the 3 click system. I thought I made this all clear. I've been reading a lot of threads lately that include the annoyances that I listed. What's your problem

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
My problem is the fact you're trying to police what bloody image hosts people use... basically saying to avoid it like the plague.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
My problem is the fact you're trying to police what bloody image hosts people use... basically saying to avoid it like the plague.

Are you serious?

It's advice. Advice to benefit the majority. Grow up man.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Only annoying thing with imageshack is the sign up for the direct link AND it doesn't keep you loged in! sucks but i still use it.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Your welcome and jsut thought i'd promote it, its really good and iv hated imageshack forever

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Your welcome and jsut thought i'd promote it, its really good and iv hated imageshack forever

The post I made this morning made no sense sorry...that's why I don't normally post in the morning :x

But yes! Photobucket! Same as me, I still use my account from like 2004

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

what? you didnt see this coming?

I like imageshack, have always used it and probably still will, nothing wrong with the site.

Your sending a bad msg out putting it in annoucements, sounds like ur telling people not to use that site.

Annoucement lads, i think [insert random thing] is crap, so u should 2!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
It's how it comes across... what with the "stop using Imageshack" and such.

Right, because a user on a Mir forum is going to take heed someone else's opinion...

I don't care what he says, I'm still going to use Imageshack. Heck, might even get some rebels and start using it for the spite of him.

Not really a big deal like you're making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.