Sdo Mir.exe

Join Discord

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Not seen anyone mention this in here yet, how do people plan to translate the mir.exe to English? it's been compiled packed (don't mean packed with protection) so hex editing it out of the question and most launchers now have the mir.exe built in. The only possible way of making it English is by the client source which i don't belive exists..

I am refering to sdo mir2 client here, if anyone is confused, unless i have missed something then let me know, someone must of known this surly? i was doing good with my files til i found out this lol =/.

Oh also, can someone mention the bugs that other Hero versions use please, i was told something wrong with Heros with the other versions, got them all working fine so far, untested combo skills though.
mainhero.png

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
When I was still working on Hero files I just used Launchers that I could extract and import the client back into.

Normally the Client in the launcher is packed with Aspack so easy to unpack. So unpack, translate, repack and this is the difficult bit, you need the new packed English client to be the exact byte for byte size of the original file you took out of the launcher. Otherwise I found the launcher would break and you'd be ****ed.

If you can find a Launcher that you can unpack and run I'll be happy to take a look at extracting the client for you and showing you how to reimport it.

What stopped me really in the end was the cheats though :/

-edit- Hero files were very stable back when I stopped working on them so they should only be better now.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
When I was still working on Hero files I just used Launchers that I could extract and import the client back into.

Normally the Client in the launcher is packed with Aspack so easy to unpack. So unpack, translate, repack and this is the difficult bit, you need the new packed English client to be the exact byte for byte size of the original file you took out of the launcher. Otherwise I found the launcher would break and you'd be ****ed.

If you can find a Launcher that you can unpack and run I'll be happy to take a look at extracting the client for you and showing you how to reimport it.

What stopped me really in the end was the cheats though :/

-edit- Hero files were very stable back when I stopped working on them so they should only be better now.

Scanned launcher - Nothing found [Overlay] *.

Never used this type of launcher before, the mir2.exe is built in the launcher and it only starts when you click Launch Game, so even if the main launcher was unpacked could you even get to the mir2.exe to translate?

May have to search and ask around, Mir launchers ait the same as WoOOL but if i can get one which reads from the sdo mir2.exe then maybe it's possible but would mean unpacking the sdo mir.exe.

The official mir2.exe isnt packed - Borland Delphi 6.0 - 7.0 [Overlay], just compiled packed if you know what i mean.

launcherj.png

@Bad

Need to find a way of translating the client side first, unless you want chinese stats and client system messages =/, Using 3K Version, still checking to see if this version is stable, seems to be a new group but i think the Upgrading system from bag is buged.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I didn't even know you could use the official client with private servers. That must be a fairly new thing.

I just had a brief look at files from a group called FaqM2. Both the client launcher and m2server were aspacked and seem to run fine unpacked.

http://www.4fcom.net/Soft/fwd/mir2/201007/10359.html

Il take a look at them thanks, good thing about this version your never short of launchers, just got hold of another 2. The 3K engine was packed with Aspack also and runs unpacked.

Edit: Same launcher as 3K Version, the MakeGameLogin.exe creates the launchers and thats what is packed.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Il take a look at them thanks, good thing about this version your never short of launchers, just got hold of another 2. The 3K engine was packed with Aspack also and runs unpacked.

Edit: Same launcher as 3K Version, the MakeGameLogin.exe creates the launchers and thats what is packed.

The launcher is aspacked. You can unpack it, extract the Mir client from it, translate and place back into the launcher.

I don't have the tools to do it anymore but if I have time tomorrow I'll look into it and post how to do it.

-edit- You don't need to unpack MakeGameLogin btw just the file it creates afterwards.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
The launcher is aspacked. You can unpack it, extract the Mir client from it, translate and place back into the launcher.

I don't have the tools to do it anymore but if I have time tomorrow I'll look into it and post how to do it.

-edit- You don't need to unpack MakeGameLogin btw just the file it creates afterwards.

Oh i was scanning the launcher and nothing was being found but it was packed, Peid is crap =.=!

If you could explain it would appreciate it, ty.

Got new login here which is really the same except you can choose a skin and you can translate these skins so could make a English launcher which is good.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I had a look at the FAQM2 launcher and I can't extract the client from it. If you upload the launcher you'd wanna use I can have a look at it. Or you can try it yourself. Unpack the launcher, open it in PE explorer and see if you can find a client file in the RC Data section.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I had a look at the FAQM2 launcher and I can't extract the client from it. If you upload the launcher you'd wanna use I can have a look at it. Or you can try it yourself. Unpack the launcher, open it in PE explorer and see if you can find a client file in the RC Data section.

FAQM2 same launcher as 3K, can't unpack it myself. Tried loads of launchers but they are all the same, going to need the source which isnt going to be easy to get but am speaking with 3K at the moment.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Ah never knew client side was included in that source :glare:, cheers.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Taken a look at the source and i only see the soruce for the launcher to read from the sdo MIR.exe, so still need to unpack the sdo mir.exe but i can't find what it's packed with, best i got is
Borland Delphi | Object Pascal
But thats just how it's compiled.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Taken a look at the source and i only see the soruce for the launcher to read from the sdo MIR.exe, so still need to unpack the sdo mir.exe but i can't find what it's packed with, best i got is
Borland Delphi | Object Pascal
But thats just how it's compiled.

The IGE Source has full Hero client source. You won't need a launcher if you compile and run that surely.

Regarding SDOMir.exe if they code is encrypted before compiling it'll be damn near impossible to translate.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
The IGE Source has full Hero client source. You won't need a launcher if you compile and run that surely.

Regarding SDOMir.exe if they code is encrypted before compiling it'll be damn near impossible to translate.

Getting a exe. to login game and create account is easy but translating sdo mir.exe is impossible and that contains all in game string information i.e stats, messages, and others. Unless someone can create a whole new mir.exe then i think it's impossible to do.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Best one i found, packed with ASPack 2.12b -> Alexey Solodovnikov
No unpacker exist for this version as far as i know but am sure it will be alot easyier then the others to unpack.

Download GameLogin

Edit: Never mind, source for the mir.exe is inside, well i don't know if the source is but the mir.exe is and you can unpack the then rebuild it and all is ok, translate it then compile the launcher should be ok.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Getting a exe. to login game and create account is easy but translating sdo mir.exe is impossible and that contains all in game string information i.e stats, messages, and others. Unless someone can create a whole new mir.exe then i think it's impossible to do.

You have me a little confused.. Why do you need SDOMir.exe for the IGE Hero source? It's a full client, launcher isn't required for Mir.

That HeroMirLogin rar is Sky's/HeroM2? They any good nowadays? I used to use them but they removed the ability to turn off cheats :/

-edit- The gamelogin exe included in that rar crashes for me and MSE says the other file has a virus.

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
The IGE Hero Source still uses lauchers I think. I cant get the source to go past doors tho all I get its the doors and no login screen.

12119931.png

55095866.png

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The IGE Hero Source still uses lauchers I think. I cant get the source to go past doors tho all I get its the doors and no login screen.

You most likely need to change the source back to not require a launcher. Just compare it to other source code and you should be fine. I had a brief look at it and noticed that the ServerAddr was encrypted in the source and in a file called BlueYue.ini.

g_sServerAddr :String = '393A3F263826382639'; //127.0.0.1

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
That version of the client does not compile for me, the one that does is the 0204 client source in the IGE Mod.

Only way I can get it to the doors is using the launcher and even with that it doesnt show a login screen.