Server Setup Guide

dwaring28720

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Hi, right to cut a long story short, me and the mrs are long time mir players, we moved from mir2 Phoenix > Mir3 US > Mir3 Zentaur, but with the servers slowly dying a slow death we decided to look into making our own so we can just spend a little time together playing where theres no restrictions or "lagg :D"

we eventually came across this forum where we found a few files and guides to help us on our way however, even with the knowledge i have on systems and programs, ive never setup a game server "besides hosting the odd 1st person shooter server" and the instructional videos on the sticky post "http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?67000-King-0238-Setup-Videos-and-Guides" are unviewable on my pc "cant read the txt while playing" im just wondering if anyone else has come across another guide or could give me a few pointers, i did however download all the King files/DB etc but was unable to download the client this was probably due to the fact the post was a year old and the files was probably removed :-/

thanks

"Btw its nice to see that this game still has followers"

vortex69

LOMCN Member
Nov 12, 2010
Mir3 needs a big update or a new game system if he whants to survive ...if u are looking to make a copy of zentaur wont be online for long.
Im working now on a combination of king whit holly... the client its working perfectly now, i have to work on a new game system that will be unique and will have a long life.
tryng to make 4 worlds on 1 server Heaven ,Hell ,Purgatoryand Earth(Noob Starting) players depending on there behaivior and level will get acces to the Heaven , Hell or Purgatory and after gaining the rank of God they wil be abble to go on all worlds whit no restriction.
More will be added ....now i hope i can launch the server on september.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Clients are around, you can check around for a download. Good Luck! or You can pm me and I will give you
a link for client download.

Upvote 0

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Clients are around, you can check around for a download. Good Luck! or You can pm me and I will give you
a link for client download.

Oi, are you the mir3 mod? sort the stickies out please, mapa ones especially and links are broken in guide and what not, took me ages to find what i wanted tut.

Upvote 0

dwaring28720

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
are you the mir3 mod? sort the stickies out please, mapa ones especially and links are broken in guide and what not, took me ages to find what i wanted tut.

Agreed however im new to this forum so i dont want to be shouting orders etc, i know the guide was an old thread but just wondering if anyone knew of a more usable guide thats still active thanks

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

if u are looking to make a copy of zentaur wont be online for long.

im not personally looking to clone the game setup of zentaur, just a private server me and the wife can run around doing our own thing on, nothing fancy, doesnt have to have the fancy glowing armors, its the gameplay that always attracted us to the game not the added extras that Zentaur and other servers seem to urge people to pay for nowadays

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
anyone interested in recording a setup guide for the Mir 3 server files, to be featured on the Lomcn youtube channel?

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Oi, are you the mir3 mod? sort the stickies out please, mapa ones especially and links are broken in guide and what not, took me ages to find what i wanted tut.

I know, its disgraceful but we can't find a decent mir3 mod :(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

dwaring28720

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
anyone interested in recording a setup guide for the Mir 3 server files, to be featured on the Lomcn youtube channel?

this is the kind of help i need :D, just not getting anywhere with the files and guide, and its embarrasing when other people have managed to follow the main guide on this forum with no problem at all >.<

Upvote 0