Shanda's Server

SoulStar

LOMCN n00bie
Nov 3, 2013
Hi, I am new to forums. I have been looking for a somewhat official mir2server and have come short since the Gamepot server went offline. I was wondering if it is at all possible to get an account on http://mir2.sdo.com and play using their client I have got as far as downloaded the client but I hit a wall when attempting to register an account I did manage to register an account but it doesn't work in log in screen for game. I clicked some chinese writing which then took me to another registration page which asked for an ID Number and name Is this one of those games that you need Chinese ID code to even make an account?

or am I wrong and it is possible to make an account without one.

Thanks (Just trying to play mir again, don't like mir2forever at all. Sorry to whom ever hosts it.)

---------- Post Merged at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:05 AM ----------

I get to the mir 2 character creation page then bam something pops up and I cant get past it.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
based AROUND shanda , did he say if you want an EXACT copy play chronicles?

We are talking about a game mechanic that effects pretty much the whole game, you can't really "Base" your game around something without the major elements which Shanda offers.

Jest

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 29, 2005
Walk before running.
Get hit, 3 steps walking before running.

The crap that euro added, completely ruins the game imo.

What's wrong with that? On euro I think it was 3000 ms

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
I thought that the Instant run after being hit were cheats?
it was but i think shanda was sick of people cheating so made the cheats available to everyone, including mob hp bars / run through?(due to sz over crowding) correct me if im wrong.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I thought that the Instant run after being hit were cheats?

Technically speaking it is, considering the version we use has the function to stop you instant running.

But Shanda removed it due to so many cheats...more of a "If you can't beat them, join them" kinda thing lol

Personally I think have the 3 step is a must have for a bit of decent strategy requirement in PvP, otherwise it's very simple running and shoot as oppose to any kind of strategy lol

---------- Post Merged at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:56 PM ----------

it was but i think shanda was sick of people cheating so made the cheats available to everyone, including mob hp bars / run through?(due to sz over crowding) correct me if im wrong.

I think the run through was limited to SZ only, but I'm sure I saw they were able to run through mobs too (But not players unless in SZ)

Rev was also put in because of cheats, but kept the bars OFF bosses to have some usefulness left for Revelation spell

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
Hi, I am new to forums. I have been looking for a somewhat official mir2server and have come short since the Gamepot server went offline.
Thanks (Just trying to play mir again, don't like mir2forever at all. Sorry to whom ever hosts it.)

Why are you advertising here Samuel / Shady.. he is asking for help to access Shanda Mir not a replica.

Although the middle part is about shanda. His response is still relevant to the post, in that he's looking for a server..
You are the one posting something irrelevant.

As far as shanda I have also tried and failed to get on there. I gave up pretty quickly because the asian mmo playstyles, (which i'm sure they've added to shanda? (auto running you to places etc)) I find to be annoying and pointless. :P

Oh, and of course instant run is purely down to cheats!

Last edited:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
I don't think Shanda have ever had the walk before run? it makes PVP so slow and boring "imo", dose the Korean version have this walk before run also? it yes then Ace should focus on that version instead of Shanda if they wish to keep it like that as features are developed around that were as Shanda's are not, you will just head into unbalance problems.

I had my account for about 4 years now, i used a ID for a website i found, never had any problems.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
I don't think Shanda have ever had the walk before run? it makes PVP so slow and boring "imo", dose the Korean version have this walk before run also? it yes then Ace should focus on that version instead of Shanda if they wish to keep it like that as features are developed around that were as Shanda's are not, you will just head into unbalance problems.

I had my account for about 4 years now, i used a ID for a website i found, never had any problems.

as far as im aware ace has always been balanced around wemade, it only uses the visual upgrades from shanda, it doesn't use their item / mob DB etc.

walk before run has always been apart of mir, i dread to think how melee pvp is against casters on shanda, having no way to slow them down.
and its not like it benefits melee pvp all that much as you can hit / instant run as melee in pvp anyway, seems to me like it would be a huge caster buff, which they don't even need.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Just sounds like Sanity gets pwned in pvp to me ^.^

---------- Post Merged at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Samuel as you're not advertising here I can remove your section yes

DeadGirl

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2013
Manchester
Just sounds like Sanity gets pwned in pvp to me ^.^

---------- Post Merged at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Samuel as you're not advertising here I can remove your section yes

Funny because sanity never got pwned in pvp.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Why are you advertising here Samuel / Shady.. he is asking for help to access Shanda Mir not a replica.

I do apologise, the last I checked this was a Mir community and I am a member of that community; I have as much right to post as you do to critique :).

To clear up confusion around my "based around" comment, I merely meant that Chronicles is the only server that will potentially offer Shandas Maps, Mobs and Graphics.

Sam