SijoMiR - Development

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Yes and most server's are failure's. They end up getting shut down in a few weeks/months because of the exact reason you stated along with other factors such as poor maintenance, lack of effort/thought when adding new content and poor attitude as a game master. A wipe is necessary after it's been tested so that everyone has a fair chance from the get-go to tackle the balanced content.
To be fair if the team is good, all the games i've attended Open Beta and didnt wipe (this does not include mir) are still running today and are quite good.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
But you seem to be talking about a professional team of game developers, likely with 20 years experience in the area they are working in. We are a great team together but I highly doubt we will have the server exactly how we want it to play out first time round hence we want to wipe it. If by any means the server is exactly what we want and people thoroughly enjoy it then ofcourse we would consider not wiping. The chances of this are very unlikely.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
will there be much downtime between the different testing phazes and ultimately to live status? looking for a good lowish rate server to sink my teeth inot that i can play for years to come, this looks like the one and im eager to get started lol.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
will there be much downtime between the different testing phazes and ultimately to live status? looking for a good lowish rate server to sink my teeth inot that i can play for years to come, this looks like the one and im eager to get started lol.

Not really sure how long downtime could be. Could be a week or a month depending on how long it takes to correct issues and add more content.

Glad you're eager to try out SijoMiR. I'm eager to see people's comments.

PRIMO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 18, 2006
Nottingham
hopefully not the latter :). its lookin good so far after the disapointment of arcadia. 3rd of may cant come soon enough.

Skepta

Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Hoping this server to bring the mir feel right back, was let right down by arcadia just a P69 with few thing re vamped really let down, this sounds amazing though i hope its not based round questing like Arcadia though i know 20+ people who have left, leveling is a fun part of mir i find anyway.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Roll on may the 3rd :) looking forward to trying this one out, could be very busy.

Might be busy, we'll see :)

Hoping this server to bring the mir feel right back, was let right down by arcadia just a P69 with few thing re vamped really let down, this sounds amazing though i hope its not based round questing like Arcadia though i know 20+ people who have left, leveling is a fun part of mir i find anyway.

Quests will be in-game but won't be a necessary part of the server, unless you want to gain the extra experience, gold or items. I guess questing on Sijo will be like any good MMORPG, you'll only want to pick up the kill-chain quests. That's just the way I like to quest anyway, I'm sure there will plenty of different quests to keep the majority happy.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Not really checked the status of AceM2 - Had a ru naround and stuff but not had time to really look into it, I'll probably spend more time when the files get released.

how are they getting on? Are they stable enough for Sijo's BETA to be on schedule?

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Will it be gettin wiped after beta?

A wipe will not happen if everything goes well and everyone reports bug finds quickly. My main concern is how the economy will build itself but everything else seems reasonable. More information tomorrow.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Would it be possible to release the download of the Client before the opening of the server so we can connect straight away? Saves everyone downloading at the same time, just leave out the exe for release like Milo did with the test server. Unless of course it's practically the same files? Lol

MCDONALDS

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
Southampton, UK
Couple of rubys drings and **** like th at on trust merchant on server launch, will create a sorta need for gold straight away and set a benchmark price. and create economy (money has worth)

Nemo

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
UK -Manchester
Hi Primo! :)
This is MirIILOMCN
I think SijoMiR using same client as ACEM2,just have to download Patcher and run it to update n PLAY~~

I believe Sijo is using all custom maps etc. so it would need its own folder for the client really. patching the AceM2 client may have a few things the same, but likely the patcher would overwrite most of it anyway. So either way its going to be basically a full download.