Sparta High Rate 2.3+ Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
KK heres new castle map :)

craftwallly0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

CandyMan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 29, 2004
Middlesbrough
Server sounds pretty ace,
Is there going to be an estimated time when server will be up for testing?
Theres like a 3/10 chance that a decent server will stay online for 1Year Plus
And this sounds like its going to be long term :)
Well i hope so newayz.
GoodLuck

/HabTrix

reece

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 20, 2005
Looks nice, good luck to the hole server team.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
if the estimates u reveal arent correct u shudnt really reveal them atall ><

Are you joking me pal ?

An estimate is exactly what it says it is. an ESTIMATE. It wouldn't be an ESTIMATE if it was 100% correct, it would be a fact.

I don't owe you or anyone else a set date. I'm busy as of late and don't have alot of time for this but I'm doing what I can. - If you don't like that, stop posting and don't play, it really is THAT simple.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
:) wen is beta up or has it bin up alredy ?

Please take 20 seconds to read though posts by the server team which consists of myself, 12345678910, Miles, and Xanan and this will provide you with all the information you need.

Please stop with all the posts asking when beta is.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Quest Update
  • Hero Armour Quest
  • Hero Town Quest
  • Spell Quests
  • Probe Necklace Quest
  • Master Refine Quest
  • Advanced Poison & Amulet Quests

All 100% Complete.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
Please take 20 seconds to read though posts by the server team which consists of myself, 12345678910, Miles, and Xanan and this will provide you with all the information you need.

Please stop with all the posts asking when beta is.

Mate .. .not being funny, when is beta ?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Ok I think alot of people dont understand whats really happening, so ill post it again

Server isnt 100% complete yet.
Beta will last ONE to TWO days, not for a week or so. The whole point we are putting it in beta, is to make sure the exp is set just right, as if its to high or low it could ruin server.

Beta start when all things on Wonds todo list are done. After beta is all done, server will be launched properly.

Map Update
• Hero Town - 100% Complete
• Hero Dungeon 1st - 100% Complete

Im now working on Hero Dungeon 2nd though to 12th

DarkDragon14

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2003
Orlando, Florida
hey anyone on the staff think we could get an update? i kno it wont be up until it is finished that is fine...just thought maybe we could get some info on wats goin on

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
I've just been taking a break from it for the past week. Miles is home from holidays tomorrow and we'll get back to work at the server then.

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Sounds awesome....this just might be the server that drags me back to mir 2 :) nice work guys.

Setro

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2005
Hey Guys,

We are currently creating a brand new DM2+ High Rate server which hopefully will become one of the most popular servers out there.

-=[Sparta Team]=-
Wond - Sparta Owner and Main Developer
Miles - Developer
Smavid - Map Maker
Ash - Host

-=[Current Status]=-
.:UPDATED:.
Wond said that there may be a test server up some time this weekend, but that is not final.

.:BEFORE:.
At the moment we do not have an estimated time to give you, but we will probably have some sort of beta test quite soon. There is the added complication that I'm going away for 2 weeks, and hence won't be able to do any work on the server, but the other team members will probably host a test server without me. This will be updated as soon as I get any new information.

-=[Information]=-
EXP:- Sparta will have Exp of around 100x Euro EXP.

Start Level:- The start level is 39, and hence you get to miss out the boring start levels.

Items:- We have added a large amount of new items, and currently have sets every 10-20 levels. Obviously we will be adding more items as people progress through the server.

Caves:- One of the most redeeming features of Sparta is the fact that we have a huge amount of both Leveling, and Hunting caves. These are there so that you won't get bored having to level and hunt in the same old monotonous caves every single level, and hence we added a variety. We currently have caves up to level 145, and will be adding more when, and if, we think necessary.

One of a Kind Refining System:- Sparta currently boasts a unique refining system which will be added to at a later date. Currently after your weapon has reached a certain amount of added stats, certain items are needed to allow you to continue refining. We also have high stat, unwearable items which can be bought at a highish price to increase your chances of a successful refine.

Maps:- We have over 30 original maps made by Smavid (and others) which will give Sparta an authentic feel, and will allow you to hunt and level in places which are so far unknown to you. More and more maps will be created as the server grows.

Quests:- We have added, and will continue to add, many new quests to Sparta. We know that quests give players things to do other than kill bosses, and level up, and we recognise that having a large amount of quests adds a lot to a server.

Two Capturable Towns:- We currently have 2 Capturable towns - Sabuk and the Crafting School. Unlike most servers, we have added rewards for having control of these towns. Both offer unique things which give guilds a reason to fight for these towns. Hopefully this will make Castle Wars much more interesting, and will give people a reason to capture Sabuk Wall, and not to have it just for the name.

Spells:- We originally had planned to use the Level Me files, but circumstances (such as bugs in them) have caused us to change to the DM2+ files. I am confident that we will have all the latest spells working before we launch. We also have a unique system for procuring the more advanced spells (such as Blizzard). To get the higher level spells you will have to complete a quest (the difficulty of which will range from hard to near impossible depending on the skill). We hope that this will be more enjoyable than endlessly killing a monster until he drops a spellbook.

Unique Weapon and Armour tags:- Different versions of each weapon and armour will drop, and each of these will have different properties. There are currently 5 tags for weapons, all of which are explained below.

• A: Increases minimum, lowers maximum
• H: Increases maximum, lowers minimum
• R: Increases minimum
• S: Increases maximum
• W: Increases both minimum & maximum
DC 5 Increase
Mc/Sc 4 Increase

The increase always occurs to the main stat (which would be SC for a Taoist weapon, MC for a Wizard weapon, and DC for a Warrior weapon). Obviously these will be rarer than the normal weapons, especially the W which increases both the minimum and the maximum.

We have also added tags for all the armours which drop, and there are two different tags that you can have (as shown below)

• P: Increases AC, lowers AMC
• M: Increases AMC, lowers AC

As you can probably tell from what I've already said, we have gone away from the traditional 'all in one' sets, which we personally think can ruin the game, and we have seperate sets for each class. We hope that the tags will add more of a variety to the items which drop, and we hope that they add something to the overall experience of the server.

Orbs:- We have increased the rarity of orbs, and hence this means that people won't instantly have a full +8 stat kit - they will have to work for their orbs, and use them wisely. If orbs drop too often then you might as well increase the stats on every item by 8. Hopefully this will allow the people who work hard to find orbs to gain a slight edge over people who don't, and it once again gives people another thing to aim for.

All of this, and more (including things I have probably forgotten =p), will be present in Sparta at launch, and our decidated team will add more and more to the server as it progresses.

-=[Other Information]=-
We currently don't have a launch date, but we expect to have a beta sometime soon. There is the slight problem that I am going away for 2 weeks from tomorrow, and hence both won't be able to work on the server (and give it my special touch =p) from now on, but it's likely that the server will be launched sometime before I'm back, and I'm sure that Wond will keep you updated with everything.

We hope that Sparta will be a rare profressionally made, high rate, server with a large user base, and I look forward to seeing a lot of people on it when I return.

Any suggests would be very welcome, as would constructive criticism, and if you have any questions then please post them here and I, or another Sparta Team Member, will answer them as best as we can.

Regards
/Miles - LOMCN Administrator
/Sparta DM2+ Team
sounds good, any news whens this is gonna be out?