Terror

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
[Heroes]Terror Server
Exp Rate
Custom
Stats
High Rate
ETA
N/A

Completion
Leveling Areas: 40%
Hunting Areas: 20%
Boss Areas: 0%
Group Boss Areas: 0%
Quests: 100%
Functionality: 70%
Items: 30%
Mobs: 30%
Spawns: 30%
NPCs: 60%
Rebirth: 30%

Information
Items
There will be multiple ways of achieving items on this server.

First type of item
Gear Box's...These will be dropping from the Leveling Area mobs. Instead of single item dropping, Box's will drop that will give you an entire set of items.

As these items are SET, they will have the same AC/AMC/DC/MC/SC regardless of class

Second type of item
Special Items...These will be dropping from the Hunting Area mobs. Unlike the leveling areas gear box's, these will be dropping seperately which is what you're all use to ;) Of course these stats will be better than that of the Gear Box's, BUT theres a catch. These items will break on death.

Third type of item
Rare items...These will be dropping from the Boss/Group Boss mobs. Once again these items will be better than the Specials and will also not break on death

Special and Rare items will FORCE the player to go more into their class role as they do not possess the same laziness as the Gear Items. Instead these will act like that of Mir items where stats will be specific to your class

Example, Noob items will have 10-10 AC/AMC for all classes, where as a Warrior Special/Rare will have 15-15 AC and 5-5 AMC, BUT the DC will be higher.

Caves
There will be 3 types of teleports on the server.
1. Normal Teleport
2. GameGold Teleport
3. ReBirth Teleport

Normal Teleport
Leveling Caves
Payment No
SafeZone No
DropRate Normal
SpawnRate Normal

Traditional leveling caves where the exp and drops are set to the default rates of the server. These caves will give more exp than any other cave on the server (Dependant on level comparison of course) but will only be dropping Gear Box items as explained in the previous section.

Hunting Caves
Payment No
SafeZone No
DropRate Normal
SpawnRate Normal

Traditional hunting caves such as StoneTemple, ZumaTemple, PrajnaTemple etc. These mobs will give LESS exp than Leveling caves, but the drops will be that of SPECIAL items that have been explained in the previous section. These drops and exp rates will be the default rates of the server. Also in these hunting caves, this server is going to bring new meaning to "The deeper you go the harder it gets" as the further in you go, the mobs will actually not change but rather become STRONGER and FASTER than the previous floor

Boss Caves
Payment No
SafeZone No
DropRate Normal
SpawnRate Normal

These caves will consist of 4 bosses each room. These bosses will be those of the Hunting Cave KR's (WoomaTaurus, ZumaTaurus etc) BUT because it is instant access they will have approx. 1/10 of the drop rate due to the faster spawn rates and ease of access in comparison to running to their KRs. These rooms will also be filled with SUPER mobs from their cave origins (e.g. SuperZG from the ZT cave) in order to cause that extra bit of difficulty.

Group Boss Caves
Payment No
SafeZone No
DropRate Normal
SpawnRate Normal

These caves will consist of 1 boss each room. These bosses will again be those of the Hunting Cave KR's, but they will be MUCH more powerful and spawn in 3 different stages. But because of the extra power and difficulty, they will be dropping the best items in the server, these are the RARE items which have been explained in the previous section.
Stage 1 = Massive AC Stats
Stage 2 = Massive AMC Stats
Stage 3 = Massive HP and Attack Stats
Each stage will automatically respawn upon it's death. Stage 1 and 2 will drop merely potions to assist the players in continuing the fight, but the item drops will only occur in it's final stage death.

GameGold Teleport
Leveling Caves
Payment Yes (1 time payment for unlimited access)
SafeZone Yes
DropRate 2x
SpawnRate 5x

These leveling caves are identical as the first set of Leveling caves, except with a few perks and also requirements to enter (See above).

Hunting Caves
Payment Yes (1 time payment for unlimited access)
SafeZone Yes
DropRate 2x
SpawnRate 5x

These hunting caves are identical as the first set of Hunting caves, except with a few perks and also requirements to enter (See above).

Boss Caves
Payment Yes (1 time payment for one access)
SafeZone Yes
DropRate 2x
SpawnRate 5x

These boss caves are identical as the first set of Boss caves, except with a few perks and also requirements to enter (See above). In additon to this, the difficulty of having SUPER mobs in the room will be eased as the amount of them will be cut in half.

Group Boss Caves
Payment Yes (1 time payment for one access)
SafeZone Yes
DropRate 2x
SpawnRate 5x

These group boss caves are identical as the first set of Group Boss caves, except with a few perks and also requirements to enter (See above). In additon to this, the difficult of the bosses will be lowered as the stat's of each of the Stages will be decreased to make them slightly easier to kill than the original caves.

ReBirth Teleport
Once the player has reached Lv.500, it's time to ReBirth!! This Teleport is quite simply upped in Exp to make leveling faster (As i'm not going to force you to grind your way back up lol) and the areas will be drop adjusted to drop ReBirth equipment (Undecided whether or not I will do GearBox/Special/Rare like before or just simple items)

I have decided against creating a GameGold ReBirth section, as this way everyone will eventually, one way or another end up on the same playing field

Quests
So far the only quests i've focused on are Quests to gain books. As a lot of people are either hounded at Boss's and unable to achieve the books, or simply don't have sufficient enough strength to gain them. This way everyone is going to be at an equal playing field and all have to put the same amount of effort in.

To complete the quests it's simply a matter of killing a certain amount of BookWorms which will die in one hit. The amount to complete the quest will be determined by the important and usefulness of the skill

Item Stats
In addition to having different types of items, they will also be dropping with star grades as shown by the NoobSet in the image below. Each Star Grade will be adding 1-1 to every stat on the item. So if the weapon had 5-10 on normal, the +++ would have 8-13.
+ Grade can be achieved either through Drop or Upgrade
++ Grade can be achieved either through Drop or Upgrade
+++ Grade can be achieved either through Upgrade or GameShop
Noob_Set_GIF.gif

Upgrades
The Upgrade NPC will be specific for Gear Box's only.

This will allow players to avoid having to find the better Graded box's, but at the expense of losing everything.

(Grade 0) Gear Box will have a 1 in 8 chance of upgrading to Grade 1 (+)
(Grade 1) Gear Box will have a 1 in 16 chance of upgrading to Grade 2 (++)
(Grade 2) Gear Box will have a 1 in 32 chance of upgrading to Grade 3 (+++)

If the upgrade fails, the player completely loses the box. But this service is completely for free!

ReBirth
ReBirth will be for players who have reached Lv.500!

In addition to the extra Teleport (ReBirth Teleport) there will be extra quests for extra items! These items will not have very good stats, but will provide the player with a new spell! So Warriors could have MagicShield or Taoists could have MassThunder as long as they are wearing the item but will be removed upon the item being taken off!

To make things a little more fair, these will have the same weakness as the Special items and will actually break upon death! But not to worry, these quests will be repeatable!

Punishment
I miss the good old days where people were actually punished for being red lol, so i'm bringing it back! Players that PK will be sent to a VERY tiny room where they will remain until at least yellow. BUT, they have to be killed first to wind up there!

Here is how it is done!
1. Revival will detect if a player is red, and if so will be sent to this small room instead of BW
2. TownTeleport automatically takes you to this map anyway
3. Logging out if red also takes you to this map

But how will we continue to hunt if we're red?
EVERY map will have coords that will bring you back to BW, these exits were originally for people who don't get TTs from a full bag, but i've decided to make them useful for you reds ;) lol. NPCs will also continue to talk to you even if you're a murderer.

These are the exit holes! (Or at least one of them lol). Each map will have it's own unique platform suited to it's current tiling (This one i'm showing you is the leveling area). Although it looks like it would be difficult to find the correct spot to go back to BW with, it's not as i've flooded the entire thing with coords so anywhere will work!

Thats a bit OTT for PKing isn't it?!
Not at all, because you will be restricted, you will not suffer the traditional rules of a PKer:
1. Your entire bag DOES NOT drop, it remains the same as usual
2. PK points decrease quite rapidly, if you were to be silly enough to die, you'd be in that room for at most about 15 minutes (Although this would depend on how many you've killed lol)

So really if you're "that" good, you shouldn't have a problem ;)

Beginner Guild

Upon creation of a new character, you will:
1. Be announced to the server
2. Be added to a beginner's guild

This guild notice board will be flooded with helpful information such as how to use the Upgrade NPC or how to achieve the better skills of the server. This will also be run by myself! This allows players to be in instant contact with me which will allow me to do a number of things such as getting real reactions from suggestions to the server (So I can see how it's really going to effect you). Obviously you will also have the traditional advantages of being in a guild such as a helping hand from the start (Hopefully lol) and all the information on the guild notice you require to begin your journey!

Wings
I decided to add a small ability for you guys to customise your characters a little bit. As tbh I find just changing the hair style is so boring lol, so I have added an NPC with every Wing type so you can pick and choose to add whatever you like to your armours, completely for FREE!

Custom Maps
I have decided to add a few custom maps, things that have never been done such as Maze maps! (e.g. a Labyrinth type of map)

As it will take a while to produce any decent looking maps, i'll post a picture of the HomeZone ;)

Last edited:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Re: TerrorUniverse

No comments or posts (Ouch) lol.

But yer good luck mate with server! Hope it goes well.. (This your 1st ever mir mate?)

-Ash

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

No comments or posts (Ouch) lol.

But yer good luck mate with server! Hope it goes well.. (This your 1st ever mir mate?)

-Ash

Lol thanks, yeh first one. But i'm not exactly in any rush to complete it as i'm doing everything by myself :P Plus i'm still adding to this post, whats there atm is only 2 days of work lol

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom

Not enjoying the name. Pick one or other in my opinion, Terror or Universe.

However I am enjoying your plans. Looks good and Good luck.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Not enjoying the name. Pick one or other in my opinion, Terror or Universe.

However I am enjoying your plans. Looks good and Good luck.

Yeh I was thinking that myself lol, Terror i'm changing it to

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK

Goodluck with the server Sonic, The gradual updates is a smart thing as it's adding teasers to keep people interested in the advert. Smart :) I'll give it a shot.

/Zelda

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!

Good idea's mate, best of luck, But maybe having full kits that BOD is but much. Why not makes 2 sets of the same Boss Items, but have 1 thats high tier that BOD and one that has lower stats which doesn't.

Gives people 1 Variety.
and 2 another option if they don't want to rish breaking decent kit.

Best of luck all the same.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007

Dam another high rate -.- would like to see a low rate heroes server but you got some nice ideas, hope all goes well, sure il give it a bash.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

Dam another high rate -.- would like to see a low rate heroes server but you got some nice ideas, hope all goes well, sure il give it a bash.

These days mate if anyone makes a lowrate i bet most of the community wouldn't play.. Unless it had constance quests to keep the players busy also good rewards.

But i'll give this ago mate.. Good luck.

-Ash

SuperDragon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2012

nice advertisement ill defo steal ur progress idea gf :P

Completion
Leveling Areas: 10%
Hunting Areas: 0%
Boss Areas: 0%
Group Boss Areas: 0%
Quests: 100%
Functionality: 40%
Items: 5%
Mobs: 5%
Spawns: 5%
NPCs: 5%

and good luck with ur server mate :)

have u seen Conquest ?

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!

Conquest closed due to no players (Was low rate.)

High rates are dull as fook, but seems people like not having to chug stuff out for rewards, they like stuff on a plate.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara

Conquest closed due to no players (Was low rate.)

High rates are dull as fook, but seems people like not having to chug stuff out for rewards, they like stuff on a plate.

indeed , i miss the good old days :(

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Good idea's mate, best of luck, But maybe having full kits that BOD is but much. Why not makes 2 sets of the same Boss Items, but have 1 thats high tier that BOD and one that has lower stats which doesn't.

Gives people 1 Variety.
and 2 another option if they don't want to rish breaking decent kit.

Best of luck all the same.

The reason for doing it this way is so that everyone will have the ability to kill bosses, rather than having to wait around getting lucky with drops, then when you do get lucky the bosses will simply become easier in terms of dieing, as when you get to the specials and rares your damage output will increase but your defence will change for your class.

Example, a Wizard would have to start kiting as there AC will decrease. The reason for making them break on death is so you might decide to switch between full weaker sets or stronger breakable items (Unless you kill group bosses for rares)

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Oh, the only items that have the Grades are the gear box's so even if you don't get lucky with specials and rares you still get the opportunity to be better than some people ;)

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I just re-read your post and believe you mis-understood lol.

The Gear Box's DO NOT break, ONLY the Specials will and they don't drop in sets

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008

you didnt mention donations which is good! will there be any though?

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom

There is nothing wrong with low rates. Am creating one. If you create something what lacks content and idea then they wont play. But if you pack a server with a structure then people will play. Look at Project 69.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I'd imagine I will put some sort of GameGold purchase yes, but it will simply be for lazy people. Example, either kill a boss and get 1 GameGold or pay £1 to get 1 GameGold, rather than the usual kill 5000 of these mobs to get one. Not entirely ironed out yet, but I don't intend to give people advantages over others such as selling rare items in the GameShop lol

To be perfectly honest I haven't thought much about the shortcut side of the server, but I assure you that nothing will be near to impossible to achieve and nothing will be given that takes months to find

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

But other than the promise to not give an unfair advantage, don't quote me on anything as I'll look into it at a later date

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011

he mentioned gamegold and gameshop a couple of times, from what i have read gamegold is needed to unlock caves, and to buy or upgrade the 3rd tier stuff, wether or not this is via donation hasnt been stated.

Server sounds alright on paper, putting it into practice and keeping to YOUR ideas of how the server should progress will be the hard thing

Perrin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2005

Its certainly a different approach on a server, and i like most of your ideas, keep the momentum, dont rush and release early, and you have to potential for a great server.

Maybe you doing this completely by yourself is a mistake, only time will tell, just dont burn yourself out and take shortcuts.

Best of luck

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Put it this way, I spent 5 hours yesterday ensuring one PART of ONE script was air tight in terms of being able to gain multiple rewards...I don't intend to rush anything and everything I create will be perfect before I continue on, right now I'm working on the first set of items, until they deal/receive the damage I want the next kit won't even be started

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Also I have completed my PK system (Although it didn't take long to he honest) and I know there are a lot of people that kill for bosses, I would like to know what you think of that specifically, and is it fair?

E.g. More punishment, less? There own town where the same caves are cut in half in terms of spawn and drop? (Yes that was an idea of mine lol)

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Perrin,

I appreciate your concern but the way I see it, and so should you, is an advantage. I know where everything is, what's needs doing, where the weaknesses are (e.g. I currently have 1 half assed script that I've been able to exploit twice lol) now imagine if I didn't make this and I used it on launch? Badddddd lol