The Primordials Rise [C# Mir2]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah it is daneo, its just a little event to say thanks to the beta testers before we close up to make all the remaining changes etc before live :)

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
nice, but is this not a beta lol? XD

Events really good for a catch up mechanic and items/gems for a stats boost so we can test the PVP and have some Xmas fun. Sub bosses and bosses are really good aswell spawning frequently. Can’t wait for live man you gonna stick with the ol faithful warrior?

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Events really good for a catch up mechanic and items/gems for a stats boost so we can test the PVP and have some Xmas fun. Sub bosses and bosses are really good aswell spawning frequently. Can’t wait for live man you gonna stick with the ol faithful warrior?

Indeed I am bud :) haven’t had much time to test out the beta though :(

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
[MENTION=21920]LightBringer[/MENTION] moaned at premus last night, not a fan of the new pot skin lol not nostalgic for me :D and i like the idea for the quest tracing, i logged on last night to do a few...couldnt remember where i started or who i had to go to so kinda gave up (largely cos of a quick reboot too though) but definitely good to put the location/tracing for quest thing in if your want people to really utilise the quest system (which i will for 1)

---------- Post Merged at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:16 PM ----------

When is live ?

Some point in January, no concrete date as of yet.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah there will be an extra quest field for the return npc's location.

I thought the pots felt more sleek, to be fair, I probably had to reduce the size of the normal ones and they would have looked nice anyway, something to take a look at anyway, cheers Swoosh!

Reactions: Malski

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Yeah there will be an extra quest field for the return npc's location.

I thought the pots felt more sleek, to be fair, I probably had to reduce the size of the normal ones and they would have looked nice anyway, something to take a look at anyway, cheers Swoosh!

Oh they do look very sleek, just more runescape or something than mir :P (I may be alone in my nostalgic ways of thinking so dont worry i wont not play if the majority prefer your new one haha)

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
any eta when this server will be released? If remember correctly u said before Christmas or new year?

Sodslaw

Ol' Phart
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
Suffolk
Yeah it is daneo, its just a little event to say thanks to the beta testers before we close up to make all the remaining changes etc before live :)

a little event !

bugger , if you are a n00b TAKE CARE !
snowmen hurt, and the FakeSanta is leathal ! not enjoyed myself in ages. Thanks LightBringer.

Last edited:

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
Played a bit, looks pretty cool with the map event system.

Biggest annoyance I can see on release would be the skill leveling system, honestly it's so pointlessly frustrating for many spells. We've played mir for decades now, and no one has really done anything about the crap system. It's a simple and pointless time sink. I can't see how anyone can like this system, at best it's tolerated/indifference to it.

My suggestion, get rid of the skill exp system. When you hit the required level for the spell, you learn lvl0 instantly, which is pretty much always weak anyway. To learn lvl1 you need the book, same as learning lvl0 currently. lvl2 would be needing another book, but it would be a % chance (increasing each time you attempt and fail, so like 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% 100%? While failing ill be upsetting to the player, knowing it has increased their chance will keep them trying again). This would ensure all books continue to be semi rare in the future, as most servers books start off expensive but plummet once people have read the book. Lvl3 skills I would suggest putting behind the challenge token system. I would have said quests, but that would take far more effort and the daily system is basically that anyway. Cost could be something simple like needing the level of the skills worth of tokens for it, ie 7 tokens for healing lvl 3.

As a player is going to need multiple books (6 in some cases!) could it be possible to have book drop rate based on class? So a tao has a -50% chance to find a war or wiz book, but a 50% increased chance to find a tao book. Not sure if that's at all possible, but it would be cool to promote hunting for books rather than buying them.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The beta is now over, I want to thank everyone who helped out!
I will keep this thread posted on the live ETA as well as any significant changes that have been made!

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
Nice man, ETA when will be the release? After new year? Also during the beta feel like the drop rate was set too high tho for a low rate server, wanna gears to be like rare drop to make the server running longer. Also any screen shots of the new UI we gonna get :D

Sodslaw

Ol' Phart
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2010
Suffolk
Thank you LightBringer.
I assume the auto patcher will help with the new server ? My downloading capability
seems limited and re-downloading the client will take an age.
(If I have to spend a whole evening downloading, then I will !
Enjoyed Beta and look forward to new server

TwistedSoul

Twisted-Extreme-MirII
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2016
Thank you LightBringer.
I assume the auto patcher will help with the new server ? My downloading capability
seems limited and re-downloading the client will take an age.
(If I have to spend a whole evening downloading, then I will !
Enjoyed Beta and look forward to new server

You already have the base files covered, however there will be a small patch to download before the "Live" Release. nothing too major though.

[FONT=&quot]
Nice man, ETA when will be the release? After new year? Also during the beta feel like the drop rate was set too high tho for a low rate server, wanna gears to be like rare drop to make the server running longer. Also any screen shots of the new UI we gonna get [/FONT]:D[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]Eta will be in January, we cannot give a specific date, as that would lock us into that date, as we aim to deliver when announced :), there will be more "Images" added to the advert, so keep your eyes peeled :)[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

meijiz

Banned
Banned
May 17, 2017
You already have the base files covered, however there will be a small patch to download before the "Live" Release. nothing too major though.

Eta will be in January, we cannot give a specific date, as that would lock us into that date, as we aim to deliver when announced :), there will be more "Images" added to the advert, so keep your eyes peeled :)
thank you hope we won’t wait for too long, lot of ppl quitting from apocalypse and waiting for something new to come out

---------- Post Merged on 28-12-2018 at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 27-12-2018 at 03:58 PM ----------

so when the server goes live do we have to download another client if some ppl already have the beta client

Status
Not open for further replies.