Time No?

Join Discord

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
When the hell are you big geniuses going to finally become smart and none selfish and put a real server together, Think about how many server creators got it half right... now imagine you all could work together for the greater good?.. Jesus take the wheel...…. For years now, Half ass servers, half ass ideas... Catering to the new mir players for store bucks..... in case your insane... their will never be a new mir player....Mir is old, and you need to grow the **** up and get over not being lvl 40 at some point... you can code bro...use it for greatness..

If I look at the user count total.. its enough to sustain a server and the team live good...so whats going on aside from greed and dimwit game creators.

Lomcn.. you are in control.. Tell me why
Post automatically merged:

@lomcn
I realize this is a "niche" business wise .. but its not t the players... enough is enough... it will die soon if no one takes proper care of it. .. this game means something to a lot of us.

Mace+2... Drop

Last edited:

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Who the **** is this aimed at ?

Are you suggesting that all the developers / Content Creators / Database Editors / Designers all come together to create one Mir server to rule them all?

Trust me , won't work. I've provided designs for the majority of live / upcoming servers and their ideas are completely different to each other. The clash would be too big, some love High rate , some love low, some want completely custom, some ideas are great and some are ****.

We had planned to create a "test" server for crystal that would have somewhat portrayed this idea (lots working on it).

If something like this was to happen with the "17" developers and "1" designer (chuckles) then I'd be game, I'm currently being torn apart by UI requests so for me it'd be great to see and be able to work on one project (not 5 or 6).

Just don't think it would happen.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Sounds like an original idea that no ones ever mentioned before

Reactions: Emzie

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
If all coders will work together then you will not see any diversity.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Ive been thinking this for a while, as I just haven't got the time to make a server on my own anymore.

But like breezer said, it wont work, everyone has their own ideas.

Reactions: TheRealCaNiBuS

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
would be cool to have like a login gate similar to euro Dragon or Phoenix Server but like Low Med and High rates as a selection, i know so many players that miss just a nice clean original mir server :( bring it back

Reactions: TheRealCaNiBuS

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Peoples ego's become a problem, people have different ideas.

I always wanted to get a server up n running. but lack of time is a problem for me. and giving feature content is now a problem especially that new servers have coders

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Could be showing my age here...but i'm positive this idea already came up about a decade ago lol.

Don't know to which extent the team would have comprised of though, but I do know it was an idea for an LOMCN Server...it probably wouldn't work though, even if you had a select few team members as oppose to all of the developers of the forum, not everyone likes the same thing.

Also with the open sources at hand now, you would have even greater divided opinion of how to do stuff.

At least when it was first mentioned the only argument would be the rates :P Now it could be balance and workings of skills lol.

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
Rum is a hell of a drink my friends. I broke rule1, don't drink and internet lol... I am just tired of trying to play any online game and think about the memories and experiences of mir.
Its haunting and wont let me enjoy anything for a long period of time. I know that's no bodies fault, its just time doing what it does.

But for real this would be something that could work well.

If somehow, someone who knows how to create a server could become a team lead, hand pick a few server creators and make one team. The work would be minimal because the files would be raw.

@Breezer Just like any game that's made, they would work as a team and have a designated job.

@Koriban If the user count all converged into one server, there would be thousands of people playing, just put up a store similar to what mir did, put up a go fund me, put up a patreon, I would pay a monthy donation just to see this happen. Also with ads and proper marketing there is room for constant income, in china this game still has millions of players.

@Tai yes, but that guys not very smart, he wants to make a test server and expects people to play on it like testers. Instead of just making one server and working on it.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Rum is a hell of a drink my friends. I broke rule1, don't drink and internet lol... I am just tired of trying to play any online game and think about the memories and experiences of mir.
Its haunting and wont let me enjoy anything for a long period of time. I know that's no bodies fault, its just time doing what it does.

But for real this would be something that could work well.

If somehow, someone who knows how to create a server could become a team lead, hand pick a few server creators and make one team. The work would be minimal because the files would be raw.

@Breezer Just like any game that's made, they would work as a team and have a designated job.

@Koriban If the user count all converged into one server, there would be thousands of people playing, just put up a store similar to what mir did, put up a go fund me, put up a patreon, I would pay a monthy donation just to see this happen. Also with ads and proper marketing there is room for constant income, in china this game still has millions of players.

@Tai yes, but that guys not very smart, he wants to make a test server and expects people to play on it like testers. Instead of just making one server and working on it.

GoFundMe for a pirated game? 🙄

Reactions: Pete107

TheRealCaNiBuS

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2014
@ breezer That's all you took from that?
Im not pretending to know everything, ok that was a bad idea. but see, at least we are talking about it.

Glad Lomcn is doing their part... by shelfing this into the forum support and suggestion category..

@daneo1989 I agree with the ego thing, but their has to be a solid number of people who can put it aside for something big. They would make money, and have less stress

@NightScare the fix to that, is to use mir the way the original creators did, no argument over ideas.... its already been done. If they slow deliver content the way it was originally.. it will have the same life span

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
When the hell are you big geniuses going to finally become smart and none selfish and put a real server together, Think about how many server creators got it half right... now imagine you all could work together for the greater good?.. Jesus take the wheel...…. For years now, Half ass servers, half ass ideas... Catering to the new mir players for store bucks..... in case your insane... their will never be a new mir player....Mir is old, and you need to grow the **** up and get over not being lvl 40 at some point... you can code bro...use it for greatness..

If I look at the user count total.. its enough to sustain a server and the team live good...so whats going on aside from greed and dimwit game creators.

Lomcn.. you are in control.. Tell me why

@lomcn
I realize this is a "niche" business wise .. but its not t the players... enough is enough... it will die soon if no one takes proper care of it. .. this game means something to a lot of us.

Mace+2... Drop
You've clearly never even tried to collaborate on any form of a project before, have you?
Let alone one with open-ended design. Hell, people can't even agree on how many classes are 'best'.

Like me, most just mess with the files for fun and see what comes out at the end.

Sure there's a bunch of pretty bad servers, either they didn't get it right, or just wanted a cash-cow. If you don't like them, make your own better, the likelihood you get it right either is pretty slim (Even the big servers only satisfied half the players); instead of insulting all the people here that help those have fun making something with the files.

Also, you don't seem to realize that everything here is wholely copyrighted & there's no way you would get away with any kind of commercial advertising/support. The Mir brand is still actively promoted in China, unlike the rest of the world.

FYI people have been saying it will die soon since Euro closed...

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I am just tired of trying to play any online game and think about the memories and experiences of mir.

Man this is too close to home, i've tried so many games on consoles and PC and it doesn't matter how good the story is or how amazing the graphics are or gameplay, nothing actually compares to the early days of MIR, hell even MIR about 5 years ago was pretty amazing, i've been on this forum on and off just downloading these servers and deleting them more or less straight away, I guess Mir has had its time but i still hold out hope for a well balanced server similar to those of a few years back without trying to add all this crazy stuff.