Upcoming Server: EuroMir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anadiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2012
Scarborough, UK
[Heroes]EuroMir: Low Rate Server!

Greetings Legend of Mir 2 players! We have recently begun to undertake a project to set up a professionally run low rate Legend of Mir 2 server!

• Experience Rate: 3x Euro Style.
  • Drop Rate: Low
  • Classes: Wiz War Tao only, We wont be adding additional classes ever!
  • Hero System will be disabled, it ruins the fun of pvp far too much!
  • Hosting: Professional Dedicated Server
  • ETA: Friday 20th July.

Having looked around the current servers on offer and seeing the lack of a low rate server which isnt full of customization, we have decided we would like to see something a little closer to the Mir of old. Due to this we wont be straying too far initially from the game in its original state. The following information is subject to change over the coming weeks:

Maps and Dungeons:

At the launch of the game all content up until Past Bichon will be active and playable, new areas will be added as and when required by the player base. All new maps added will be thoroughly tested and released as part of a larger "Expansion"

Items:
Very much, as with the maps and dungeons, we want to see the old items making their comeback, due to this we wont be adding anything in the way of custom items initially. With each Expansion we release, there will be new items to hunt for, all of which will be kept in line with the same item progression seen throughout the original game. We wont be jumping from the best ring ingame going from being dc0-8 as a normal drop to suddenly being dc0-15, stat increases will be slight to ensure balance is maintained!

Donations:
Will be exactly that, the only "perks" a donator can gain will be in the form of forum status and a few extra forum and VoIP privileges. We arent here for your money ladies and gents, just to offer you a fair and balanced Mir 2 experience. Thats right, donators gain no in-game advantages, sorry guys =)

More information to follow soon....

Last edited:

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
nice idea,the more the better
but why 2-4 weeks to just get a freshly svn'd heroes online?
not a criticism , just wondering , theres are dud doors in minos etc still unfixed in release etc

Last edited:

Anadiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2012
Scarborough, UK
nice idea,the more the better
but why 2-4 weeks to just get a freshly svn'd heroes online?
not a criticism , just wondering , theres are dud doors in minos etc still unfixed in release etc

Setting a short timeframe would be somewhat shortsighted of us. We currently have a few players running around ingame checking everything. We are trying to ensure that there are no serious bugs, and that we have certain things removed from the files before we open. We are also currently doing a little graphical work on the client side of things too.

So I guess what I'm saying is, It could be ready well before that duration of time,

Thank you for the replies so far ladies and gents =)

Anadiel
EuroMir CDO

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
cool, fro what remember , from svn there are very few serious bugs/ fixes need for mir2 feel
mino doors from 5w> and 6> and 7> are needing changing, fresh mapinfo have bad entries putting players into wall
past bichon mobs have no dropfiles
redthunderzuma no drop files , some others also like bosses
foxes arent in spawns , are a little buggy , and no signpost or mention on mud map
smaller things like minotaurking has no mc for range attack
woomyn mini map shows dungeons offset

will u wipe current players level when go live proper?

Anadiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2012
Scarborough, UK
cool, fro what remember , from svn there are very few serious bugs/ fixes need for mir2 feel
mino doors from 5w> and 6> and 7> are needing changing, fresh mapinfo have bad entries putting players into wall
foxes arent in spawns , are a little buggy , and no signpost or mention on mud map

Thankyou for that list of current bugs, means we can start to look into them and see if we can get them fixed up.

All current char data will be reset when we launch the server. Wouldn't be fair otherwise =)

ixtrix

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2012
np, any i find myself will let u know, but there really arent so many
other things are small, theres a few typos in items db , some named armor then others named armour , usa/euro should be all one or the other
and little things like nephriteshoes but nephritbelt , or vice verse
and a couple more that end in neckl , or armour(h

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011

Also BDD doors are a bit messed up, and if i remember right so is PB

Also not sure if little niggles like red poison doing nothing (not doing the multiplier), but issues like this are easily fixed.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Also BDD doors are a bit messed up, and if i remember right so is PB

Also not sure if little niggles like red poison doing nothing (not doing the multiplier), but issues like this are easily fixed.

Your right.

The drop files are abit off from what EuroMir had. FoxCave needs fixing (minimaps too) , insect cave needs adding ... alot of the drop files need adjusting , a few mob spawns etc.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Your right.

The drop files are abit off from what EuroMir had. FoxCave needs fixing (minimaps too) , insect cave needs adding ... alot of the drop files need adjusting , a few mob spawns etc.

Fox's will need finding too as they arent in the DB's supplied

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Can't go wrong using Heroes though ... i had this idea of stripping back heroes to 2.3 standards. Glad to see someones doing it , you'l have plenty of room to edit :D

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Hopefully you get almost 200 players like fourheroes. I might join.

Anadiel

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 1, 2012
Scarborough, UK
Can't go wrong using Heroes though ... i had this idea of stripping back heroes to 2.3 standards. Glad to see someones doing it , you'l have plenty of room to edit :D

Precisely this. From our point of view the heroes files are the best supported and have a solid team of people continuously working on them. 2.3 Has plenty of irritating bugs which are not being looked at as support for development has almost ceased to exist. Hence we thought, ok, strip some of the Features from Heroes to make it more 2.3 esque and build it from there =)

---------- Post added 13-07-2012 at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-07-2012 at 01:42 PM ----------

Just decided to completely redo the drop files for each individual monster to ensure that after level 26 items will start to become harder to attain, but up to that level will be a little easier to get.

For anyone interested in whats being worked on at this time , you can view a full to do list Here!

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Quick update, were currently looking for a few players to assist in beta testing the files and ensuring things are as they should be prior to launch as well as testing the fixes and such we add. A quick bit of info on what were currently working on....

Upgrade System:

Added the following items to the game:

• SmeltingStabiliser: Required for adding gems to items using the upgrade system.
  • ---

• RageRingStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1DC to a Ring if successful
  • RageBraceletStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1DC to a Bracelet if successful
  • RageNecklaceStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1DC to a Necklace if successful
  • ---
  • ArcaneRingStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1MC to a Ring if successful
  • ArcaneBraceletStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1MC to a Bracelet if successful
  • ArcaneNecklaceStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1MC to a Necklace if successful
  • ---
  • SoulRingStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1SC to a Ring if successful
  • SoulBraceletStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1SC to a Bracelet if successful
  • SoulNecklaceStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1SC to a Necklace if successful
  • ---
  • GuardianHelmStone: Used for upgrading, adds 0-1AC to a Helmet if successful

Upgrade rates will be set low as we are a low rate server, SmeltingStabiliser Will drop from monsters all over the game, allowing players of all levels to have something to sell which higher level players will want. Stones will drop from all bosses at a moderate rate and sub bosses at a low rate.

This system replaces the old style gem system ingame due to it not being supported in the heroes files. Weapons will not be able to be gemmed, only refined.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Server release date will be added tomorrow night, not a huge amount left to do before we can launch! =)

strapon

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
ITV 9.25am
This sounds great. Only reason I wont be playing is I dont have the time for a low rate. Best of luck with it.
Also like the website :)

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
This sounds great. Only reason I wont be playing is I dont have the time for a low rate. Best of luck with it.
Also like the website :)

It's all good, you're supposed to take your time with lowrates.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
will Normal mobs still have the chance to drop those Rares?

I think this makes leveling less boring as you know if your lucky you may find something snazzy! :P

On euro i had a StoneBambooFan off a normal mob in bg (an example) also the lvl 48 tao ring off a yeti lmfao!

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
will Normal mobs still have the chance to drop those Rares?

I think this makes leveling less boring as you know if your lucky you may find something snazzy! :P

On euro i had a StoneBambooFan off a normal mob in bg (an example) also the lvl 48 tao ring off a yeti lmfao!

Im calling hax! :P Good luck with the server!

Status
Not open for further replies.