[2.3] Wanting to set up a personnal server but need help.

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
Quick Personnal Info: Im a CS major at UCF and I am really looking to strengthening my game programming knowledge through this. What I am trying to accomplish is to set-up a personnal server for myself and 2 of my programming buddies so in our free time we can code and implement ideas we have and also climb the tree to become badass programmers :P. Anything that we come up with that is fully functional we will put on the forums for others to use, if allowed. We are only wanting to do this for our own self improvement and also to help other servers.

OS Info: Windows Vista 64 bit OS.

Problem: Not able to find a 64 bit DB Commander that will work for me. (Looked on the forums but the closest I came to finding one was at dbcommander.com but only saw either a "30 Day Trial" or "Buy". I havn't touched either one cause I was able to get the free delphi crack (thank you :) ) and SVN (for 64-bit) downloaded and installed with no problems.

So my next step is the db commander, is there a way i can get around this to work? Such as will I just have to keep redownloading and do the trial everytime or did I miss a link somewhere on the forums that solves this issue?

Any input to solving my issue or if you see something I put that I did wrong and I need to do would be much appreciated.

Thank You

ChronicleGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2004
You use MySQL with the 2.3 files.

Theres a link in the Setting up a Server Sticky thread under mir2 server help.

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Bit confused by this thread. You want to learn programming by developing mir? Well for a start 2.3 files are useless to you then cos there's no source for it. And you don't need DB commander for them either. My guess is you're actually using Hero files? In which case you're better of using MS Access for the databases.

Either way, you need to clarify exactly what you're looking for here.

Upvote 0

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
Either way, you need to clarify exactly what you're looking for here.

uhhh ok... Im looking for a functioning DB commander like I said in the post for a Vista 64 bit OS.. I am following the Delphi Compilation Guide and it says to get Delphi, SVN, and DB commander. I will use the Source Code from one of the links that says "Souce" or use the SVN. I didnt even want to put a 2.3 but it said I had to put a prefex when I am not that far into the steps yet. I am just following the steps and was just wanting a DB Commander that works so I can move on to the next step.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
whos being negative? its cool me and tai just had a bit of miscommunication. no worrys though.

Upvote 0

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
heroes files no longer use dbcommander so ignore that, it now uses access as tai explained.

Upvote 0

IckityWickity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2003
Would any DB work or just MS Access. I have Open Office and that comes with a database and Im just wondering if that would work also.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Open office won't work, your either need microsoft office/access (advised) or use the mdb viewer.

Upvote 0

neo16uk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 20, 2006
ms sql will work with heros files i am using now u will need ms sql 2005 free from microsoft

all so try googling mssql2005 ssmse

Last edited:
Upvote 0