What do you prefer as your Main(home) Map?

What map do you prefer as a home map

• BW

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • MW

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Custom Map

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Other - please post what

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Think it was DevilSoul that used a little camp located in the Tao Village map, I thought that was pretty cool.

That was and still is a custom map, we just used does buildings and tiles (I like blue)

You just gave me an idea form a Homezone, thanks :P

BH

Thanatos

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 26, 2003
Sheffield
i personally hate when i log on a server for the first time and it has a custom home map, i like to try a server befor downloading new maps,

when u can't move around because the maps are black, gets on my nerves

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
agreed

custom homezones r ok, just annoyin getin 2 know em etc

Isn't that kind of irrelevant when, like on your server, there's one big **** off teleport NPC in the middle any way. :P

That being said, most "custom" jobs simply dont cut it, and never will. There's probably one good mapper on LOMCN... at best.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
thats why i used both... BW was the main, and there was a tiny teleland map... server grew.. used 1 of smavid's bigger nice lookin homezones... then added in PI aswell

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
thats why i used both... BW was the main, and there was a tiny teleland map... server grew.. used 1 of smavid's bigger nice lookin homezones... then added in PI aswell

omg bens mentioned my name!! I FEEEL SO PRIVILEDGED!!!!!

again... custom maps are ok IF TOWNS PLANNED, most people just chuck buildings down not caring bout acess or stuff, making it hard to get around town. Its function and looks, and people over look function!!!!! also 1/2 dont know how to fix common mistakes in the mir.set PFFT!!!!

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
here comes mr master map maker to tell every1 how its done haha :P

You lot need telling, i sit in class and plan maps before i make um... lol ok maybe its sad but its fun to doodle mazes :P

Anywho ye maps need thier love!!! and only i and a few other peeps give them thier nessecary love.

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
again... custom maps are ok IF TOWNS PLANNED, most people just chuck buildings down not caring bout acess or stuff, making it hard to get around town. Its function and looks, and people over look function!!!!! also 1/2 dont know how to fix common mistakes in the mir.set PFFT!!!!

Weren't you going to release an updated mir.set or did I imagine that :P

Although to be honest not knowing how to fix the mistakes wont make you any less a map editor, it's a ****ing stupid program to begin with. You can make good maps, quite simply if you're a good designer and have enough experience with the game.

Whilst I've seen good town maps on here, and some nice experimental ones. None are actually any better then Bichon Wall in terms of ticking all the correct boxes. Sometimes I feel people try to deviate too much from default mir and it doesnt quite work.

Any way....