Other Whats happened? ...

Join Discord

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
There went from being a new server advertised on "Upcoming" once every week, to 1 every 5 months.
Come on guys, get some spirit back and start working on a server!
Don't let mir2 die out like mir3 has.

Rememer the good old days with 20 servers online at once?

Torozor
Crusade
HellzLoose
EvilMir
Meteora
Nemesis
JamRock
Bandit
RageZone

Where did you lot all dissapear to?

Last edited:

SynteX

I own myself
Supporter
Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
World Of Mir
Don't worry Tom , am working on 2.3 high rate server and it just need a few weeks to finish it , am also looking for mir 2 online server xD

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
I am making one grumpy tits.

EDIT - We're in closed beta :P
Roughly 9-10 people testing for me atm

this is the reason i dont play most servers , hate all the stupid wings and daft looking weps.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
O.o

You haven't lived :P
I havn't added stupidly ridiculous weapons, only suitable ones for kits ;)

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

yea thats about right , mir isn't fun when theres 20 players on a server.

tom the big wings dont even look right in mir2 and the heaevarm wings look daft on that armour , dont suite at all.

Turrican

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2012
UK
This fix has came at a cost of losing mir players.

this is the reality of Lomcn, each set of files released keeps spreading the community more and more thinly across more and more server, thus this turns more have ago hero's thinking they can change the game into developers, until you end up with a community of developers and a tiny player pool.

games aren't made to have 1000's of different versions.

You need to back one horse and stick with it.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
no files worth using, all 2 Buggy.

What we need is a set of 2.3 files without bugs, but every development team focuses on adding new Korean features and doesn't fix all the issue/problems the files have in the first place...

I'd be happy with a pair of files were FW didn't last 30minutes....., and TDB didnt ignore 100% of AC, and were curse worked properly like on euro.

Last edited:

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
this is the reason i dont play most servers , hate all the stupid wings and daft looking weps.

You can't compare what's in that screenshot to the likes of OldSkool and many other servers which took that to the extreme x1000. So, unfair comment imo.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
I don't know why lomcn don't make an official lomcn server. 1 server, big population, mir = revived.

Dorf

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
no files worth using, all 2 Buggy.

What we need is a set of 2.3 files without bugs, but every development team focuses on adding new Korean features and doesn't fix all the issue/problems the files have in the first place...

I'd be happy with a pair of files were FW didn't last 30minutes....., and TDB didnt ignore 100% of AC, and were curse worked properly like on euro.

yeah, well maybe mir wasn't meant to be high rate, and most of the problems are to do with high rates.. granted TDB was a little silly even on euro, particularly at l+9. People have moved the goal posts, unfortunately the mir 'engine' doesn't really scale that well, not unless you do some major surgery, this game was built for years of play, not 3 weeks...

helpmeplay

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
May 21, 2005
A lot of people dont know how to make any decent servers, i could probably make an awful one lol but that is the problem to many 5 minute servers.

Tbh maybe more could be done help noobie makers create better servers.

I like high rates and low so why would it be that hard for someone creating a low rate + a high rate? for example Phoenix and Dragon but low rate and a high rate.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
The mir2 community was much bigger on LOMCN when there was lots of servers to play.
Fair play they were 5 minute servers, but people enjoyed bouncing around server to server for fun.

It's alright people saying "Lets just have 1 euro server back, and we will get more users".
I don't think that is true at all, there is alot of people including myself who dislike low euro rate servers, with basic euro items.
Whereas if the variation of servers are out there, its going to cater for a wider range of people.

Personally, I enjoy servers where I'm not stuck in the same cave for 12 months to gain 10 levels.
If I'm looking at the same monster, gaining the same exp, getting the same drops over & over again I'd get bored
far too easily and end up finding another game to play.
But again that Is down to personal preferences, people like different things.

yeah, well maybe mir wasn't meant to be high rate, and most of the problems are to do with high rates.. granted TDB was a little silly even on euro, particularly at l+9. People have moved the goal posts, unfortunately the mir 'engine' doesn't really scale that well, not unless you do some major surgery, this game was built for years of play, not 3 weeks...

Fair play you do have a point where people are gaining things ridiculously fast, but as If you get the right balance It works out great with high rates.
Give the users some fun to start off with, and gradually slow it down and make things though & hard.

And what problems are caused between a low & high rate?

Tbh maybe more could be done help noobie makers create better servers.

I like high rates and low so why would it be that hard for someone creating a low rate + a high rate? for example Phoenix and Dragon but low rate and a high rate.

Good idea with helping others.

And again, I dislike low rates, but with the offer of a low & high rate it caters for both parties.
I wouldn't oblige to that as it gives you the option to switch.

this is the reality of Lomcn, each set of files released keeps spreading the community more and more thinly across more and more server, thus this turns more have ago hero's thinking they can change the game into developers, until you end up with a community of developers and a tiny player pool.

games aren't made to have 1000's of different versions.

You need to back one horse and stick with it.
And when those servers close down, where do you always end up? LOMCN.
Every server goes down eventually including euro which was a failure.

And the developers are already together working on all kinds of files.
You will never know which ones will turn out the best until they are completed.
At the moment Ace M2 & Jamies C# files are the best 2 sets around at the moment.
Ace is advanced further than Jamies C# files, but in the long run the C# files will overtake ace.

It's all a game of trial & error at the end of the day.

Last edited: